Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:04 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
If you had to choose one which would do you think is a more moral person Nancy Pelosi or George Bush?
Neither are a good moral gage. However, I would take GWB over the sicko commie Pelosi. A bit better is better than full awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 01:51 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,290 times
Let’s see, how many people died from the death penalty during GWB reign as governor of Texas? Didn’t he have the ability to commute sentences to life without parole? Does he claim all life as being sacred? Well if one has the power to stop it, then isn’t one partly responsible for allowing the death? How many people have died due to the poorly conceived and poorly plan Iraq War? Over 40,000 by the lowest estimates. That includes the over 3,000 lives of US soldiers, over 800 lives of contractors, over 36,000 Iraqi civilians. The “decider” pushed for it, went against all the opposing views and plans, continues to disregard opposing views, and pushed the appointments of people who directed this “mess”. How much blood is on Nancy Pelosi? I don’t think it’s anywhere near GWB.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Let’s see, how many people died from the death penalty during GWB reign as governor of Texas? Didn’t he have the ability to commute sentences to life without parole? Does he claim all life as being sacred? Well if one has the power to stop it, then isn’t one partly responsible for allowing the death? How many people have died due to the poorly conceived and poorly plan Iraq War? Over 40,000 by the lowest estimates. That includes the over 3,000 lives of US soldiers, over 800 lives of contractors, over 36,000 Iraqi civilians. The “decider” pushed for it, went against all the opposing views and plans, continues to disregard opposing views, and pushed the appointments of people who directed this “mess”. How much blood is on Nancy Pelosi? I don’t think it’s anywhere near GWB.
Oh, yes she's a saint. If your brave enough go look at her entire voting record at: [http://www.issues2000.org/CA/Nancy_Pelosi.htm] (broken link) By the way, she voted for Iraq.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:40 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,670,115 times
Ms. Pelosi is now a grandma. Her daughter looks like a pretty solid character.

GWB's daughters last made the news by getting nabbed in a bar with fake ID's.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:04 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Oh, yes she's a saint. If your brave enough go look at her entire voting record at: [http://www.issues2000.org/CA/Nancy_Pelosi.htm] (broken link) By the way, she voted for Iraq.
Funny thing Marks, I went to that site but it doesn’t give me the actual House Bill that they refer to. Just a one line comment like I’m supposed to believe that is the true intent. Plus it doesn’t give me her full voting record, just selective ones that they “categorize”. Not an accurate reflection as it lacks a lot of information.

Have you ever read bills/proposals. You’d be amazed at how they are falsely labeled when you read the details. They can call the bill “Support our youth” and in it write that all students who have a GPA of less than 75% are expelled. So if you vote against it, opponents can say, “Marks doesn’t support our youth!!” Until the site provides the actual language of the bills they cite, it doesn’t mean much. That’s the problem with politics, too much false advertisements.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:21 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,496,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
That's kind of a tough question. It depends on how you define "morals". Perhaps one way to look at it is in terms of how well each can relate to the public-at-large.

Nancy Pelosi grew up in a political influential family in a working-class Baltimore neighborhood. She chose to raise her family at home and eventually embarked on her own career as she and her successful businessman husband moved to California and earned the "San Francisco liberal" moniker.

George Bush was born in Texas, went to boarding school at Andover and studied at Yale. His wife Laura apparently worked as a librarian before (or while) raising their kids. He became involved in a number of oil-related ventures and at one point was an owner of the Texas Rangers baseball team. No doubt that being associated with his Dad helped him in his next career moves.

Who is more "moral"? The choice is yours.

Not attacking your post here Tone509 but making a correction, Bush was not born in Texas. Bush was born July 6,1946 New Haven CT. he moved to Tx young and grew up there.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:24 PM

1,590 posts, read 1,670,115 times
Quote:
Funny thing Marks, I went to that site but it doesn’t give me the actual House Bill that they refer to. Just a one line comment like I’m supposed to believe that is the true intent. Plus it doesn’t give me her full voting record, just selective ones that they “categorize”. Not an accurate reflection as it lacks a lot of information.

Have you ever read bills/proposals. You’d be amazed at how they are falsely labeled when you read the details. They can call the bill “Support our youth” and in it write that all students who have a GPA of less than 75% are expelled. So if you vote against it, opponents can say, “Marks doesn’t support our youth!!” Until the site provides the actual language of the bills they cite, it doesn’t mean much. That’s the problem with politics, too much false advertisements.
Joe Greenjean voted to put radioactive plutonium in babyfood!
Joe Greenjean voted to put Tabasco Sauce in my grandma's Preparation H!
Joe Greenjean voted to make marijuana use compulsory for all Catholic School girls!

(This message brought to you by concerned citizens for a better blah-blah-blah)

Old 03-02-2007, 03:25 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
I agree with you on this I might not like all that President Bush has done but, I know where he stands on his issues. How can you be a religious person and agree to partial birth abortion,let alone agree with it at all. Then gather your grandchildren around you like your the proud grandmother. Her power trip is insulting to our nation she should show more respect and try to humble herself to her positon with out looking power hungry!!
Pelosi is in line with Catholic teaching on the death penalty unlike quite a few Catholic Republicans.

As for the abortion issue, Jerry Brown, Mario Cuomo, and John Kerry all said they were personally against abortion but thought it should be legal and available. The late (Episcopalian, not Roman Catholic) Republican Senator Barry Goldwater also personally thought abortion was immoral but supported abortion rights.

The Catholic politicians who I'd see most out of whack with church teachings would be Arnold Schwarzenegger and his predecessor Gray Davis - both pro-abortion and pro-death penalty.

OTOH, the most truly Christian politician in the US would be Dennis Kucinich, the Ohio Congressman and former Cleveland mayor, who is the most left wing member of the House, was vocally against the Iraq war from the beginning, and is anti-death penalty, but also has a pro-life voting record.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:57 PM

8,982 posts, read 21,177,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
Not attacking your post here Tone509 but making a correction, Bush was not born in Texas. Bush was born July 6,1946 New Haven CT. he moved to Tx young and grew up there.
No problem. Thanks for the clarfication!

Old 03-02-2007, 09:11 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,077,816 times
Quote:
Let's see. Your upset with GWB because he allowed the public chosen law to be completed in Texas. Those people that were sentenced to death, weren't sentenced by him. They were sentenced by the people.

Poorly conceived and poorly planned war? The first problem is, we weren't in there 10 years earlier. One of the condition of surrender was violated 10 years ago. That's when we should have been there. As to his plan? He's not telling the men what to do. The field commanders are. But here's the kicker. Our soldiers fight with tactics, correct? We have no tactics developed for this type of war and the ONLY was tactics are designed, is by executing ideas. If they work, they become tactics and can be used next time. Right now they are inventing them as they go along. We've never fought in anything like what's going on over there.

Pelosi???? She came from California didn't she? Murder rate in California from 2002 until 2006 was over 9000 people. No blood on her hands? Also, the only thing she is currently doing is strutting around. She's there to prove a point, not think clearly. She just wants to show people she can be there. She's a puppet. She's all smiles and handshakes, and no action yet.

However, none of this has anything to do with morals. It's all political and we all know that Politics and Morals cannot be used in the same sentence. Except the one I just used them in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies