Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 08:46 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times

Advertisements

George W. is a good, moral man. You may not agree with his opinions but he's always consistent. He doesn't lean left or right. He "stays the course"
__________________________________________________ ____
Consistently wrong.

Of course he stays the course, that is the true persona of a "dry drunk"- stubbornness and arrogance; his psychological profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2007, 08:59 PM

431 posts, read 394,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
George W. is a good, moral man. You may not agree with his opinions but he's always consistent. He doesn't lean left or right. He "stays the course"
__________________________________________________ ____
Consistently wrong.

Of course he stays the course, that is the true persona of a "dry drunk"- stubbornness and arrogance; his psychological profile.
Sunny, you provided a nice little out-take from Katherine van Wormer's take on President Bush. I don't buy her B.S. psycho-babble.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:02 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times
Nope. That is my take on him. My soon to be ex brother in law is ALSO a dry drunk. Opinionated, loud and irritating.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:34 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittle View Post
Sunny, you provided a nice little out-take from Katherine van Wormer's take on President Bush. I don't buy her B.S. psycho-babble.
The only inaccurate thing about what Sunny said is that Bush is a DRY drunk, although he was "dry" when he first became President.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:40 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,616,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Firstly, Pelosi is a congresswoman representing (since 1987) the 8th congressional district of California. Secondly, how a single congresswoman is somehow responsible for the 9,000 murder rate from 2002 to 2006 in California is truly beyond my comprehension. The only politicians that hold any weight in state death penalty cases are governors as they hold the pardon in their hands, like George W. Bush as Texas's governor.
And how many of those murders occurred in Pelosi's district? Not that many. The districts of Barbara Lee, Joe Baca, Juanita Millinder McDonald, George Radanovich and Maxine Waters most likely had more murders than other California congressional districts, certainly more than Pelosi's.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Nope. That is my take on him. My soon to be ex brother in law is ALSO a dry drunk. Opinionated, loud and irritating.
Fortunately, that is simply YOUR opinion. Mine is different and that's okay. It was still America when I woke up this morning.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:31 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,792 times
I don't believe most people consider President Bush loud, opinionated, and irritating. I guess to many libs he is considered irritating just by virtue of the fact he won the election. It does surprise me how the left wing is so considerate of everyones feelings except the right (ie anyone that doesn't agree with them). People stop drinking alcohol for various reasons and just because one choses to not drink (or quit drinking) in no way is proof that they ever had a problem w/alcohol. I guess name calling -dry drunk is an effective way to vent frustration?

Old 03-05-2007, 07:41 AM

Quote:

Provide something better than not liking your brother-in-law as evidence that loud and obnoxious equals "dry drunk". I know a lot of people that are loud, obnoxious, inappropriate or any other adjective you'd like to throw in, but they aren't drinkers, now or ever before. "Loud" and "obnoxious" are common words used to described a sound, a behavior, etc. Dry drunk? C'mon. You're grasping at invisible straws...

Old 03-05-2007, 07:49 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannie View Post
Provide something better than not liking your brother-in-law as evidence that loud and obnoxious equals "dry drunk". I know a lot of people that are loud, obnoxious, inappropriate or any other adjective you'd like to throw in, but they aren't drinkers, now or ever before. "Loud" and "obnoxious" are common words used to described a sound, a behavior, etc. Dry drunk? C'mon. You're grasping at invisible straws...
Well said. . . I've never even heard one left-winger describe Bush as loud and obnoxious.. .

Old 03-06-2007, 07:54 AM

5,168 posts, read 11,443,007 times
Bush = a moral example, ROTFL....someone that manipulated "evidence" to get us into the mess we are in? Someone that refused to admit that global warming exists? Someone that is squandering away the next Generations future by running up huge debts that they will still end up paying for? For what?????? Someone that is responsible for thousands and thousands of innocent iraqi women and children that have been killed, for NO reason???? He is about as immoral as you can get, in my view. What is his approval rating now, 29 %??? LOL.... he will go down in history as one of the worst presidents EVER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies