Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 10:46 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,605,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
If you had to choose one which would do you think is a more moral person
Nancy Pelosi or George Bush?

As the person starting this thread I dont think I should have to vote on this one

This is if you say what she was doing alot of during the state of the union speech

a tough call. Did Nancy pelosi snort coke in college?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2007, 01:48 AM

184 posts, read 902,270 times
I'm not very comfortable with names of politicians in the same sentence with "moral example"....

In reality, you'd have thrown away your morals a long time ago to become a career politician. Those two (and the others) are all about diplomatic prostituting and posturing... I like to think they had good morals at one point in their lives, but it got lost in the maze of a**kissing and wheelin-dealin.

So, I don't think either could be considered a "big moral example" but rather the "least immoral example" or "least hypocritical".

Old 03-03-2007, 02:07 AM

355 posts, read 842,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgussler View Post
Let's see. Your upset with GWB because he allowed the public chosen law to be completed in Texas. Those people that were sentenced to death, weren't sentenced by him. They were sentenced by the people.

Pelosi???? She came from California didn't she? Murder rate in California from 2002 until 2006 was over 9000 people. No blood on her hands? Also, the only thing she is currently doing is strutting around. She's there to prove a point, not think clearly. She just wants to show people she can be there. She's a puppet. She's all smiles and handshakes, and no action yet.

However, none of this has anything to do with morals. It's all political and we all know that Politics and Morals cannot be used in the same sentence. Except the one I just used them in.
Firstly, Pelosi is a congresswoman representing (since 1987) the 8th congressional district of California. Secondly, how a single congresswoman is somehow responsible for the 9,000 murder rate from 2002 to 2006 in California is truly beyond my comprehension. The only politicians that hold any weight in state death penalty cases are governors as they hold the pardon in their hands, like George W. Bush as Texas's governor.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:29 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,260,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowThruTheMoon View Post
I'm not very comfortable with names of politicians in the same sentence with "moral example"....

In reality, you'd have thrown away your morals a long time ago to become a career politician. Those two (and the others) are all about diplomatic prostituting and posturing... I like to think they had good morals at one point in their lives, but it got lost in the maze of a**kissing and wheelin-dealin.

So, I don't think either could be considered a "big moral example" but rather the "least immoral example" or "least hypocritical".
I could not disagree more, if you truly believe any politcian in our country cannot have morals I feel sorry for you. I agree many do not, (just like many people in our country) however whatever you may feel about our President he does have very high morals and he lives them daily. Firm in ones belief=Bush, not Firm=Pelosi. Pelosi will say/vote any way to keep her constituants happy, as evidenced in her Catholic faith yet pro-abortion stance.

Old 03-03-2007, 03:55 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
a tough call. Did Nancy pelosi snort coke in college?
When you see her eyes, I wonder if she might be now!! Oh, maybe too much Botox!!!

Old 03-03-2007, 03:57 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,929 times
So, is the problem because President Bush is a Christian he shouldn't support the death penalty?

Old 03-03-2007, 04:14 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times
Neither one. They have sold their souls to their puppetmasters and do not represent the people that 'voted' for them. So, when they open their mouths, they are lying.

Old 03-03-2007, 05:15 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,198,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
So, is the problem because President Bush is a Christian he shouldn't support the death penalty?
No offense, but GWB may call himself a Christian but that does not make him one. He used us.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:35 PM

431 posts, read 394,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
If you had to choose one which would do you think is a more moral person
Nancy Pelosi or George Bush?

As the person starting this thread I dont think I should have to vote on this one

This is if you say what she was doing alot of during the state of the union speech
"Nancy Pelosi represents California's Eighth District in the House of Representatives. The Eighth District includes most of the City of San Francisco including Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, and many of the diverse neighborhoods that make San Francisco a vibrant and prosperous community." (From her website)

This speaks VOLUMES as to her morality. Look who she's representing! Her moral compass points due south, in my opinion. Pelosi is all about making a good impression of herself. She's a California fake. Always has been. I don't buy the "grandma" image. She's a wolf in sheep's clothing.

George W. is a good, moral man. You may not agree with his opinions but he's always consistent. He doesn't lean left or right. He "stays the course" in more than one way. And thank goodness he does.

No doubt about it, my President is a moral man. Pelosi has a hot bed waiting for her one day due south, exactly where her moral compass is pointing.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:39 PM

431 posts, read 394,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amavel View Post
Firstly, Pelosi is a congresswoman representing (since 1987) the 8th congressional district of California. Secondly, how a single congresswoman is somehow responsible for the 9,000 murder rate from 2002 to 2006 in California is truly beyond my comprehension. The only politicians that hold any weight in state death penalty cases are governors as they hold the pardon in their hands, like George W. Bush as Texas's governor.

A governor should override the verdict and sentence of a jury? What does that say to the people serving on that jury? Their decision was worthless? C'mon. You surely know better than that! The jury decides. Not a governor. The only problem with the death penalty is that we do not use it enough. Texas is a shining example that other states should follow when it comes to the dealth penalty. We could clean out some prisons if many death-rows would step it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies