Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 04:01 AM

673 posts, read 4,070,237 times

Advertisements

If you had to choose one which would do you think is a more moral person
Nancy Pelosi or George Bush?

As the person starting this thread I dont think I should have to vote on this one

This is if you say what she was doing alot of during the state of the union speech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 04:45 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,477,547 times
Isn't this like asking: "Are you a republican or a democrat?"

Old 03-02-2007, 05:31 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Am sure they are both good and moral people, just have very different views on how to run the country. You should have compared Hillary....a different animal altogether.

Old 03-02-2007, 06:54 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,171,724 times
That's kind of a tough question. It depends on how you define "morals". Perhaps one way to look at it is in terms of how well each can relate to the public-at-large.

Nancy Pelosi grew up in a political influential family in a working-class Baltimore neighborhood. She chose to raise her family at home and eventually embarked on her own career as she and her successful businessman husband moved to California and earned the "San Francisco liberal" moniker.

George Bush was born in Texas, went to boarding school at Andover and studied at Yale. His wife Laura apparently worked as a librarian before (or while) raising their kids. He became involved in a number of oil-related ventures and at one point was an owner of the Texas Rangers baseball team. No doubt that being associated with his Dad helped him in his next career moves.

Who is more "moral"? The choice is yours.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:17 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Hmm, Nancy Pelosi, a Roman Catholic consistently voted in favor of partial birth abortion, showing no concern for the rights of the innocent unborn, but consitently votes AGAINST the death penality. She opposed state and local governments from displaying the 10 Commandments on public property. Also, as a Catholic, she opposes allowing students to pray in the classroom. I could go on but I think it is clear. . . Please no attacks that I am being "judgemental" because the thread originator asked a question that asks for opinions, and for one to make a judgement.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Hmm, Nancy Pelosi, a Roman Catholic consistently voted in favor of partial birth abortion, showing no concern for the rights of the innocent unborn, but consitently votes AGAINST the death penality. She opposed state and local governments from displaying the 10 Commandments on public property. Also, as a Catholic, she opposes allowing students to pray in the classroom. I could go on but I think it is clear. . . Please no attacks that I am being "judgemental" because the thread originator asked a question that asks for opinions, and for one to make a judgement.
I won't "attack" your opinion. I certainly respect your view about the irony of a Catholic person voting in favor for abortion. Otherwise, it seems that you define morals as the unification of (Christian) church and state. I know there are many on this forum that would agree with you... just as there are many that would not.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:05 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,259,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone509 View Post
I won't "attack" your opinion. I certainly respect your view about the irony of a Catholic person voting in favor for abortion. Otherwise, it seems that you define morals as the unification of (Christian) church and state. I know there are many on this forum that would agree with you... just as there are many that would not.
Thank you, and I respect your opinion. But in regard to the question and the definition of moral, having a FIRM conviction, and having a conscience, I do not understand how Ms. Pelosi can justify her Catholosism and her voting record. To me, following your moral code says a lot on character. And regardless of what you think of President Bush, he is firm in his beliefs, even at the risk of his approval rating.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Thank you, and I respect your opinion. But in regard to the question and the definition of moral, having a FIRM conviction, and having a conscience, I do not understand how Ms. Pelosi can justify her Catholosism and her voting record. To me, following your moral code says a lot on character. And regardless of what you think of President Bush, he is firm in his beliefs, even at the risk of his approval rating.
Yes, Bush has certainly "stayed the course".

Sorry for the one-liner. LOL That was just too easy.

I do hear what you're saying though.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:31 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,908,907 times
GWB for sure!!!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:59 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,189,269 times
Quote:
I agree with you on this I might not like all that President Bush has done but, I know where he stands on his issues. How can you be a religious person and agree to partial birth abortion,let alone agree with it at all. Then gather your grandchildren around you like your the proud grandmother. Her power trip is insulting to our nation she should show more respect and try to humble herself to her positon with out looking power hungry!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies