Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 02:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladoSam View Post
Bush Administration was a Torture administration

Judging from the moaning and whining of liberals for the last eight years I'd say the torture was fairly effective.
Please explain this statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 02:29 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I note you didnt answer my question but expect me to answer yours.

p.s. you may have missed it but the Supreme court ruled that Bushs' locking up of prisoners were legal and even Pelosi and numerous other Democrats that were involved signed off on the "torture"..

happening-here?: Pelosi signed off on torture

Presidents do things unpopular including "torture", if your going to criticize one president for doing it then you need to be criticial of all previous administrations, the difference here, Bush tortured terrorists who were in one way or another involved with trying to kill us, they ended up alive in the end while Clinton tortured US Citizens till they died and others involved with making aspirins... wow, dont we feel safer now..
Locking up of prisoners does not make torturing them legal. As for the Supreme Court, please provide the link pertaining to torture being legal. The U.S. does not torture! Period! Only someone that gets a perverse sort of gratification would condone this. Unfortunately, there are people that consider thmeselves patriotic citizens of this country find excuse for what this gang of thugs have done. Where are the 17 Saudis that were involved in 9/11? You know the Saudis, the people that have a royal family that Bush is in bed with. Where's Osama bin Laden?

Old 03-14-2009, 02:34 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Name one "true" terrorist as intimated by TheJagMan. Anyone? Everyone who resorts to acts of terror has an agenda and that agenda is to make a situation better, to right a wrong. The number of people who kill for the sheer joy of it is very small, exaggerated by the ridiculous "entertainment" from Hollywood that makes everyone with dark hair and a beard a bad person. These terrorists are the boogeymen of our minds, the ones our government claims are behind every curtain.

People who resort to terrorist activities are created when all hope has been dashed. They lose respect for their life and those of others. This occurs when their country is invaded and their family is killed in front of them, they themselves are tortured by people who don't speak their language, the business interests of foreign countries erase whatever means they have to get ahead and provide for their family, etc. When the situation is so hopeless that the only way out is to forgo your humanity, you resort to terrorist activities. What others don't seem to recognize or acknowledge is the rage such situations cause. How would you react to such conditions? How would you react if your nation or area had been subjected to these things for decades? I doubt very much you'd be a model citizen.

America has resorted to torture. That is NEVER acceptable. America's moral compass has ceased to exist. It attacks gay marriage and pregnant teenagers but allows its government to detain and torture innocent people and actually pays good money to go to the theater to see Saw V.

The solutions are so numerous and so simple but no one wants to be "big" and admit they're wrong. No one wants to give up the fight because it's too much fun, it's too powerful a force to reject. We love war, we love aggression, we love bombs, we love weapons. We don't know sh&t about peace.
Have you purposely left out the fact that people also "resort to terror" when they have a religious purpose for carrying it out, such as they believe that their god has told them to kill "infidels", and that they believe that Jews, and Christians are "pigs"?

Muslims believe these things, and they believe that if they die carrying out this Jihad, as martyrs, they will be rewarded by god with 71 virgins.

Muslims are intent on destroying Western civilization, because they believe it is evil. They hate the United States, because we are the representation of Western civilization, and it is their intent to convert the US to a Muslim nation.

Have you just conveniently ignored these truths?

Your entire post is B.S. with a healthy dose of nonsense mixed in. Perhaps you should research a subject before making so many asinine statements.

No one loves peace more than the people of the United States (including our elected leaders, no matter what party affiliation). We have always promoted peace throughout the world, we have liberated countries from evil dictators, such as Hitler (and Saddam).

The United States has done more good in the world than any country you can name, bar none, and we have been the first on the scene of disasters, and donated more relief than any country of the world.

We do not "love" war, but we will defend our freedom when attacked or threatened.

War is not pretty. Who could "love" it? But when the time comes to defend your right to post such idiocy, defending your freedom of speech, and that of everyone else, and to defend our Constitution, we will do what is necessary.

America and her people are good. For you to trash your own country in this way is treasonous (assuming you are a US citizen).

Old 03-14-2009, 02:34 PM

380 posts, read 1,058,918 times
Oh why don't you all shut up. Torture my ass, you fail to remember just what kind of folks we are dealing with. I support President Obama, and was not a big fan of Bush-but saying his was a torture administration means you are either ignorant, an extreme bleeding heart liberal or a member of some modern 5th Column. Bush was too lenient in mine and most American's books towards al Qaeda prisoners-most of us would have sent the majority to a firing squad. Fact-most Americans don't give a rat's ass about those pieces of dung at Gitmo. Only a bunch of naive pinhead left wing extremists cared and they conveyed such through their moronic media allies.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:37 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Let's see: These terrorists want to destroy the American people by any means available to them.

We want to find out their plans to protect the American people

We may have to pour some water on their heads to get the intel

OK - can I hold the pitcher and pour??

Old 03-14-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Thanks to Bush - we're now a country that tortures. Right up there with the worst countries in the world.
Absolutely false, and shame on you for such disrespect of our country our military who defend her.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:38 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
If he wasn't captured he would have been shot on the battlefield. Since we're not going to be able to do anything with prisoners maybe they should just be killed where they're found.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:40 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpotater58 View Post
Oh why don't you all shut up. Torture my ass, you fail to remember just what kind of folks we are dealing with. I support President Obama, and was not a big fan of Bush-but saying his was a torture administration means you are either ignorant, an extreme bleeding heart liberal or a member of some modern 5th Column. Bush was too lenient in mine and most American's books towards al Qaeda prisoners-most of us would have sent the majority to a firing squad. Fact-most Americans don't give a rat's ass about those pieces of dung at Gitmo. Only a bunch of naive pinhead left wing extremists cared and they conveyed such through their moronic media allies.
Why did Bush invade Iraq?

Old 03-14-2009, 02:41 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why did Bush invade Iraq?
Why did the Congress tell Bush to go for it?

Old 03-14-2009, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
GOOD LET THEM ROT, AFTER KILLING AMERICANS. I guess you don't care?
They don't care, Debbie, and they wouldn't defend this country either, because they are cowards. They are safe behind their computers condemning our country, while enjoying the freedoms our military fight and die for. They disgust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies