Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 11:57 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times

Advertisements

Because it isn't viable until delivery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 12:59 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
You're taking a life and deciding to end it. You take a life and then you make the "choice" to do so. Thats what murder is.

So how is it not considered murder? Abortion is taking a life. Just because a fetus is not born yet, does not mean its not a human. Thats how we all start.

We are all alive because our mothers gave birth to us and didnt end our lives in the womb.
Abortion isn't as simple as black and white. It's all gray and complicated. The first argument is whether or not you believe a fetus is a living thing; because you can't kill something that isn't alive. Keep in mind, a fetus doesn't become a fetus until 9 weeks (2 months). Up until then it is considered an embryo.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:59 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,680,117 times
Abortion is murder. Bottom line. The only reason I think it may be even possibly thought of is rape, but even then it's still murder. A life is created at conception. Sperm+Egg=Baby. People think of abortion now a days think of abortion as a form of birth control. It's not.

I am so tired of the its the womans choice bull crap. WHAT?? Does the father have a say in this? It's his child too. What about the baby, how do you know that child wasn't gonna be the first woman president or something. Hey it couldve been a serial killer too. The point is you'll never ever know.

It's not a choice its a life!!!!

Old 02-09-2011, 01:13 PM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
Abortion is murder. Bottom line. The only reason I think it may be even possibly thought of is rape, but even then it's still murder. A life is created at conception. Sperm+Egg=Baby. People think of abortion now a days think of abortion as a form of birth control. It's not.

I am so tired of the its the womans choice bull crap. WHAT?? Does the father have a say in this? It's his child too. What about the baby, how do you know that child wasn't gonna be the first woman president or something. Hey it couldve been a serial killer too. The point is you'll never ever know.

It's not a choice its a life!!!!
life begins at conception is an opinion not fact. a fetus is not a viable outside a womb. women are equal to man in the USA and have every right to privacy and their medical issues. not your business what a woman does with her reproductive system.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:54 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
This is simple. Those who propose and support abortion change the terms of prenancy to make those who are going to elect to have an abortion lessen the guilt of the act of killing human organinsms.

For example, a woman who is having a baby, planning for full term, calls the baby a "baby when in utero. So does all of her freind and Drs. They don't ask how her fetus is today.

A woman who is planning to abort a human life, her Drs and supporters, term the human life a "fetus" to lessen the guilt of terminating human life. They have to, because if they didn't, they would shoulder the guilt for the entire lives and that isn't pleasant. Do you ever hear anyone refer to the woman's baby a baby when she plans termination? NOPE

So, do you ever hear anyone talk to a woman who may be at the same time in her term as the above woman who plans abortion, ask "Oh how's your fetus today?" Then she retorts "Oh, my fetus just kicked me". Nonsense.

It's all about terminaology to absolve the woman who chooses to abort human life of any guilt.

What she doesn't know before the abortion is everytime she looks at a child, a tween, a teen, a young adult and a grown aduilt, in her future, she will always wonder in the back of her mind, I wonder what my baby would have looked like should I have kept that baby.

I guarantee it because I know it from experience. If anyone didn't wonder about these questions, they aren't a caring and loving human being, they are like a animal who has their off spring and either leave them, or eat them. The lucky ones get away...

Last edited by brien51; 02-09-2011 at 02:03 PM..

Old 02-09-2011, 01:55 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,531,935 times
Yes. Abortion is the same as murder. It is murder. And don't let anyone try to tell you that it's not.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:58 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
life begins at conception is an opinion not fact. a fetus is not a viable outside a womb. women are equal to man in the USA and have every right to privacy and their medical issues. not your business what a woman does with her reproductive system.

If the child belongs solely to the woman, then why is the man responsible for child support if she chooses to go full term. You can't have the double standard.

Child support is taxation without representation if a woman can abort a child. The man who wants the child but has no say in the decision of life or death is a violation the equal protection clause under the law..

Furthermore, if the child delivery is the sole right of the woman, why can't I decide to remove one of my kidney's and sell it for a profit to me? If the government has no business telling me what I can do with my body, why can't I sell my organ upon my death or even during my life? This is a double standard as well. Woman get a pass by the government here, while men get screwed, as usual.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:37 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Default Can someone tell me how Abortion is not the same as murder? (abortions, supporters)

The victim doesn't get a chance to fight back or scream for help and pain.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:45 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post

What she doesn't know before the abortion is everytime she looks at a child, a tween, a teen, a young adult and a grown aduilt, in her future, she will always wonder in the back of her mind, I wonder what my baby would have looked like should I have kept that baby.
Not hardly.

Not even hardly.

Most likely she will think. "Thank goodness *I* am not stuck with a child that I did not want, could not care for, would not love". "I am so glad that *I* had the LEGAL OPTION to make the right choice for me".

Abortion is not the right choice for everyone. But for many it is.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-09-2011, 02:47 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioChic View Post
Sperm+Egg=Baby.
Sperm+Egg=Fertilized Ovum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies