Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bright_future View Post
Talk about an inaccurate post.

You people , liberals in general, are not very smart.

You created the problem . By inventing welfare through gov't. If there was no welfare and no tax deductions, etc, for bringing a baby into the world, women wouldn't be sleeping around so much and not caring that they aren't married when they do open the gates.

By making abortions illegal, like they should be, then we would see the divorce rate whimper to under 29% most likely. We would also not see struggling single mothers everywhere you go. We would also see more mature men.

But yea I know, you libs don't believe in family and love all people, unless they of course, disagree with you.
Making abortion illegal does nothing except jeopardize women having access to a safe medical procedure.

I agree about taxation - I'm libertarian and would like
to see a repeal of the 16th amendment, but I doubt
it would have any effect on unwed/unwanted pregnancies.
Somehow, I don't think taxes pop into their head during
these moments Passing out Birth Control makes much
more sense.

Obviously churches are failing in their message - otherwise teens/young men and women wouldn't be sleeping around outside of marriage in the first place. Christians have the highest incidence of abortions, with atheists having the least

I don't care whether one has a family or not, just don't expect me to pay for them. With that gun ho "let's
make abortion illegal" "keeping my baby" scenario, that's exactly what your asking society to do - tax deductions
or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:29 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
You're taking a life and deciding to end it. You take a life and then you make the "choice" to do so. Thats what murder is.

So how is it not considered murder? Abortion is taking a life. Just because a fetus is not born yet, does not mean its not a human. Thats how we all start.

We are all alive because our mothers gave birth to us and didnt end our lives in the womb.
When you use the word "murder," are you speaking in legal terms? Are you asking why abortion is not legally murder? I guess we could ask the question of why killing people in a war is not considered "murder." After all, killing people in a war is taking a life, especially in the case of snipers. Killing people is war is also a decision which is made to end a life.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
There are several lies used in the abortion debate by the pro-infanticide crowd.

One is that government has no business in the bedroom, as if abortions happen in bedrooms, or that there is some special status in bedrooms that suspends laws that apply elsewhere. The reach of laws extends to every square inch of the state or country except embassies of foreighn nations.

The second lie used here, is that abortions are performed on women and that is is part of her body.

The is falacious. The embryo, zygote, fetus etc, is NOT part of her body, it merely resides within her body. Like a person is a neighbors house by invitation. They are not part of the house, just inside the house.

You have to watch the pro-murder side, they are very deceitful.
"pro-infanticide"......"pro-murder"......those are very inflammatory phrases, seemingly to "inflame" posters.....are you trolling here?

as has been pointed out to your already, your use of the word "infanticide" is incorrect in use regarding abortions. A fetus is NOT an infant.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:37 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,022,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
When you use the word "murder," are you speaking in legal terms? Are you asking why abortion is not legally murder? I guess we could ask the question of why killing people in a war is not considered "murder." After all, killing people in a war is taking a life, especially in the case of snipers. Killing people is war is also a decision which is made to end a life.
Exactly. I have always been perplexed why the pro family
christian movement is vehemently against abortion, but
at the same time, have no problem sending Johnny to get
his head blown off at age 18.

Same with the argument of universal health care. No concern for the health and well being once a citizen is actually breathing on their own

I believe the best way to "nip this in the bud" to speak,
is birth control - which is something else they are against

Old 02-10-2011, 09:39 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richmonder27 View Post
You're taking a life and deciding to end it. You take a life and then you make the "choice" to do so. Thats what murder is.

So how is it not considered murder? Abortion is taking a life. Just because a fetus is not born yet, does not mean its not a human. Thats how we all start.

We are all alive because our mothers gave birth to us and didnt end our lives in the womb.

Simple. Because the law says it's not.

But the law is WRONG!! It wasn't against to the law in Germany to kill a Jew between 1939 and 1945. But that law was wrong too!

It was okay to kill black people in America 200 years ago. That law was wrong too.

Man's laws are flawed sometimes. Not all the time......"sometimes". And this is one of those times.

But we know, "deep down" that it's wrong. Why is it double homicide if you kill a pregnant woman and the baby "inside" her dies too??? that a contradiction!

even when a pro-choice woman is expecting, she doesn't call her parents and in-laws and say "We're expecting a fetus!! Yayyy!" NO. She says "Mom...Dad...we are having a baby! You're gonna be Grand-parents!"

Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Not hardly.

Not even hardly.

Most likely she will think. "Thank goodness *I* am not stuck with a child that I did not want, could not care for, would not love". "I am so glad that *I* had the LEGAL OPTION to make the right choice for me".

Abortion is not the right choice for everyone. But for many it is.

20yrsinBranson
I don't care who has an abortion. It is legal.
However, with all due respect; have you ever had an abortion? Were you ever the partner of a woman who had an abortion?

If not, you either have no idea what you are writing about here or you have no consicience. I assure you, most every woman who has had an abortion, sometime in their later life wonders... what if.....it is human nature.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:47 AM

34 posts, read 27,005 times
three simple words ABORTION IS MURDER!

Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
With all due respect; have you ever had an abortion? Were you ever the partner of a woman who had an abortion?

If not, you either have no idea what you are writing about here or you have no consicience. I assure you, most every woman who has had an abortion, sometime in their later life wonders... what if.....it is human nature.
Yes, women wonder. And many women wonder about what their lives would be like if they hadn't had any children at all. People do wonder about the paths they didn't choose. That doesn't mean that they regret the choices they made.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:53 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

But the law is WRONG!! It wasn't against to the law in Germany to kill a Jew between 1939 and 1945. But that law was wrong too!

It was okay to kill black people in America 200 years ago. That law was wrong too.

Man's laws are flawed sometimes. Not all the time......"sometimes". And this is one of those times.

But we know, "deep down" that it's wrong. Why is it double homicide if you kill a pregnant woman and the baby "inside" her dies too??? that a contradiction!

even when a pro-choice woman is expecting, she doesn't call her parents and in-laws and say "We're expecting a fetus!! Yayyy!" NO. She says "Mom...Dad...we are having a baby! You're gonna be Grand-parents!"
I think people say, "We're expecting a baby," or "We're going to have a baby," which is about the future. They are anticipating a baby. Because you don't already HAVE a baby when you are pregnant, unless the baby is going to have a big brother or sister. "You're gonna be grand-parents!" when this baby is born. You're not a grand-parent YET.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

IN THE FUTURE......."we are having" (in the future) "a baby" because the fetus will become a baby after birth. The fetus is not a baby. It's a fetus.

"Deep down" it may be wrong in your view, and at the same time you are not every person in the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies