Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2011, 11:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Absolutely wrong. You talk about control over your own body. I agree with this. But I DO NOT get equal protection under the law because I can't choose to remove a kidney and sell it. I would be arrested. So you have control over yor body but that is denied to me.

Furthermore, if I chose to sell a kidney, it SAVES a life, not destroys one.

Hypocritical and ironic double standard.
This is a silly argument. You have control over your body. You can donate your organs as you wish. The reasons for prohibiting the sale of body parts is obvious. If the body parts were marketed, they would be marketed to the rich. We're talking about people's health, and the decisions regarding who gets life-saving organ transplants should not be based on the recipients ability to pay for such organs, but on the recipients ability to make a meaningful, long-term recovery after receiving a transplant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2011, 11:22 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think you have spent too much time in a forest or under a rock, yourself. Those non deserving feeding stations - hello, there are children there, as in families. That is what I don't get about your kind. You go on and on about protecting the unborn, but once they are here - you call them all parasites. I don't believe saving a life is really
a conviction for you - your posts show utter lack of compassion for anyone, except for those who don't exist
yet Kinda like telling everyone you are Santa Claus, but
not showing up for Christmas Eve

City Mission Seeing More Children, Families - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Low-income families having hard time finding housing - Mid-Columbia News | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news
If parents can't care for their children, then the state needs to protect the children from the irresponsibility of the partents make them wards of the state unless and until the parents can care for them again.

My attutudes are NOT towards people falling upon temporariy misfortune, but the life-long bums of the country. If I failed to make that clear, it is clear now.

Your version of "compassion" is what is referred to as enabling. You are no different, really, that the person who gives drugs to his or her drug-addicted friend. It really is NOT compassion, but false compassion. I offer "tough love" compassion. A kick in the ass. sink-or-swim type of assistance. I don't feed the bums, cause that just gets them to the next day of bumness, and it goes on and on forever.

I'd rather give a buck to a rich man than to a bum. The rich man deserves it, the bum doesn't.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:28 AM

18,419 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
If parents can't care for their children, then the state needs to protect the children from the irresponsibility of the partents make them wards of the state unless and until the parents can care for them again.

My attutudes are NOT towards people falling upon temporariy misfortune, but the life-long bums of the country. If I failed to make that clear, it is clear now.

Your version of "compassion" is what is referred to as enabling. You are no different, really, that the person who gives drugs to his or her drug-addicted friend. It really is NOT compassion, but false compassion. I offer "tough love" compassion. A kick in the ass. sink-or-swim type of assistance. I don't feed the bums, cause that just gets them to the next day of bumness, and it goes on and on forever.

I'd rather give a buck to a rich man than to a bum. The rich man deserves it, the bum doesn't.
here in lies the "problem" life is not black and white and many people fall in the grey area. many "bums" are "bums" because of reasons beyond their control and it has nothing to do with their outward appearance.

if you have never choose abortion for yourself I can tell you it is a hard choice and not easily made nor is it a cop out.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:29 AM

419 posts, read 868,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This is a silly argument. You have control over your body. You can donate your organs as you wish. The reasons for prohibiting the sale of body parts is obvious. If the body parts were marketed, they would be marketed to the rich. We're talking about people's health, and the decisions regarding who gets life-saving organ transplants should not be based on the recipients ability to pay for such organs, but on the recipients ability to make a meaningful, long-term recovery after receiving a transplant.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:36 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post

Silly eh? A woman can destroy a life form in her body because it's her body but I as a man can't remove a kidney, sell it to save someone's life?

The fact that someone is rich or poor has nothing to do with it since people who die donate their kidneys anyway. This rich vs poor is merely silly class warfare. The American capitalistic system is based upon supply and demand, so if kidney are in demand, I sell to the highest bidder. So what.

Your speculations on what happens after I sell my kidney are merely speculations. You can't prove them.

I can say with certainty that my kidney would save a life if I had the same control over my body as a woman has when having abortions. They destroy life forms and my kidney would save a life. How ironic and hypocritical.

If you believe that a woman has control over her body, then it is bullya because the same control over the male body doesn't exist. So either one is correct and one is not correct. The double standard stands out like a full term pregnant woman in a abortion clinic.

This is clearly not equal protection under the law, plain and simple.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:42 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Silly eh? A woman can destroy a life form in her body because it's her body but I as a man can't remove a kidney, sell it to save someone's life?

The fact that someone is rich or poor has nothing to do with it since people who die donate their kidneys anyway. This rich vs poor is merely silly class warfare. The American capitalistic system is based upon supply and demand, so if kidney are in demand, I sell to the highest bidder. So what.

Your speculations on what happens after I sell my kidney are merely speculations. You can't prove them.

I can say with certainty that my kidney would save a life if I had the same control over my body as a woman has when having abortions. They destroy life forms and my kidney would save a life. How ironic and hypocritical

The problem here is that you want to SELL your kidney.

You are allowed to DONATE your kidney, people do it all the time.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:50 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The problem here is that you want to SELL your kidney.

You are allowed to DONATE your kidney, people do it all the time.
So what, it's my body, I should be able to do with it what I want. Sellling my kidney would do good for society since there is a kidney shortage. It would save a life. Who are you, or anyone else, to tell me I can't sell a body part? It is my body part and none of anyone's business except between me my Dr and the buyer.

So why do you get you panties in a twist when the government tells you no abortion ? This is the same exact situation with regard to control over my body. My choice to sell saves lives. Your choice to abort terminates lives.

For the record, I support choice, all choice when it comes to my body and others. The government has no right to tell me what I can do with my body so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. In the case of the kidney, it saves a life rather than terminates one.

There is no rational reason whatsoever why I can't sell one of my kidneys. Someone is DC has decided that it is against the law. They are wrong because it is my body part to do with it as I please.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:50 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:

I can say with certainty that my kidney would save a life if I had the same control over my body as a woman has when having abortions. They destroy life forms and my kidney would save a life. How ironic and hypocritical

Yes, silly. It's not that "as a man" you can't sell your organs. Women aren't allowed either. The law is perfectly equal. If you could get pregnant, you could legally have an abortion, whether you're a man or a woman. It's just that physically, it's extremely unlikely that a man would get pregnant.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:53 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
here in lies the "problem" life is not black and white and many people fall in the grey area. many "bums" are "bums" because of reasons beyond their control and it has nothing to do with their outward appearance.

if you have never choose abortion for yourself I can tell you it is a hard choice and not easily made nor is it a cop out.
The bums I refer to chose to be bums by chosing NOT to do what the rest of us chose to do, i.e. be responsible human beings who take care of their affiars, get up in the morning, go to work, pay their bills, and get through life and its bumps and bruises. Bums, by and large, can't be bothered.

While I agree that for some women, having an abortion performed on their unborn children is a hard choice, I think for the vast majority, it is as "normal" an event, with as little anguish as gettring up in the morning and taking their ablution. Their convenience, ubber alles, the life of the child, be damned.

It is the ultimate "having your cake and eating it too", inasmuch as they want the freedom to engage in "relations" without restriction or precaution, while, at the same time, having the freedom of being immune from the consequences.

If i were "God", the penalty for a "convenience" abortion would be a stint in purgatory, or worse. The arrogance of slaughtering the unborn and then following it up with the mendacity to deny that it is a human being.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:53 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
The government isn't looking out for my best interest. It allows woman to have total control over their bodies in terms of abortion, which I agree with, but then turns around and denies me the same control over my body. It is a double standard.

What business is it of anyone's who sells their body parts but their own? It would solve the shortage, pay the seller, and everyone is happy. Your nightmare scenarios is merely fearmongering that allows the govenment to control your body when you correctly point out a woman body is her's and it's nobody's business whether she chooses abortion or not.

Selliing body parts is socially better than abortion since it hurts no one and help every reciepient to SAVE their life.

The irony is amazing and the hypocricy is astounding.
Well, if you have lost control there are DEPENDS

And, if you want to sell your body parts - go for it
I hear you can make a lot of money on the black market -
even though you might find yourself dead in a bath tub
as a result
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies