Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2011, 08:58 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

The proof is that they consider it "murder" except in the case of rape or incest...well, it either IS murder in ALL cases or it isn't.

also, pointedly ask the anit-choicers, anti-women, what about those who seek INVITRO

Do they honestly think that only 1 egg and a few sperm is done for invitro?

No, doctors harvest many eggs and implant SEVERAL (up to 4 in women under 35, only 2 for those over 35), hoping that at least one of them will take (if none takes, the whole process is done over again).

IF ALL 4 take, then the woman has to choose, does she give birth to all 4 or abort 3 just to have the one

Yet you don't see the pro-lifers ever complaining about the invitro process.. oh they wouldn't touch that subject at all

All of them are hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 09:26 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
A fetus is not yet a human. A person who is on
life support has already been born - see the difference. UHC should not be free, but paid for with an increase in medicare payroll tax - I'm thinking on the lines of this:

Medicare for All: Home

We already have folks getting free health care - it's called Medicaid.

And, I also have no idea why you would want to feed a
homeless person to a dog, or a lion, or your wife I gather you've never donated
to a City mission, and since you live in CA, I've
taken the liberty to give you a link

LA Mission > Home

Your just a barrel of laughs oh yes, you are
Your assertion that a fetus is not a person exists nowhere in law except abortion law. everywhere else, they are people. Kill a pregnant woman and see how many counts of murder are filed on you. I'll give you a hint - 2.

Yes, Medicare, the bankrupt disaster that it is, hasn't seemed to teach you a think about the folly of such programs. If it sucks for part of America, it will suck on steroids for the rest.

You're the one talking about feeding homeless. I just responded that I have no animal large enough to feed them to. However, there are some animals shelters around here that have large cats (tigers etc.) that could probably use a supply a homeless bums to feed them.

Thanks but no thanks for the link to the feeding station for the non-deserving. I'll pass. I'd rather work to save the unborn innocent people, than the bums that infest our country, and yes, I mean bums, and yes I mean infest.

I would round them up, send them to work camps in the national forest and make them work reforesting areas that have been cut for timber. Work or starve. Americans aren't here to be hosts for parasites and yes I mean parasites. These vile, ugly, smelly bearded pigs are a blight on America, and since they don't give a damn about themselves or their responsibilities to society, I see absolutely no reason whatsoever, for society to care about them at all. However, I would offer them a chance to survive in the reforestation camps 10 hrs a day, 5 days a week. All the food, showers, soap, razors and opportunity to stop being a parasite they can use, and more

Old 02-10-2011, 09:32 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
Your assertion that a fetus is not a person exists nowhere in law except abortion law.
There is no abortion law. The LAW allows abortion to be legal in the US. That is the LAW of the land.

You just contradicted yourself by the way.

Thanks for playing. YOU don't get to decide what is murder or not. THE LAW does.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:33 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post

Thanks but no thanks for the link to the feeding station for the non-deserving. I'll pass. I'd rather work to save the unborn innocent people, than the bums that infest our country, and yes, I mean bums, and yes I mean infest.

I would round them up, send them to work camps in the national forest and make them work reforesting areas that have been cut for timber. Work or starve.

However, I would offer them a chance to survive in the reforestation camps 10 hrs a day, 5 days a week. All the food, showers, soap, razors and opportunity to stop being a parasite they can use, and more
I think you have spent too much time in a forest or under a rock, yourself. Those non deserving feeding stations - hello, there are children there, as in families. That is what I don't get about your kind. You go on and on about protecting the unborn, but once they are here - you call them all parasites. I don't believe saving a life is really
a conviction for you - your posts show utter lack of compassion for anyone, except for those who don't exist
yet Kinda like telling everyone you are Santa Claus, but
not showing up for Christmas Eve

City Mission Seeing More Children, Families - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Low-income families having hard time finding housing - Mid-Columbia News | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news

Old 02-10-2011, 10:54 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I think you have spent too much time in a forest or under a rock, yourself. Those non deserving feeding stations - hello, there are children there, as in families. That is what I don't get about your kind. You go on and on about protecting the unborn, but once they are here - you call them all parasites. I don't believe saving a life is really
a conviction for you - your posts show utter lack of compassion for anyone, except for those who don't exist
yet Kinda like telling everyone you are Santa Claus, but
not showing up for Christmas Eve

City Mission Seeing More Children, Families - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Low-income families having hard time finding housing - Mid-Columbia News | Tri-City Herald : Mid-Columbia news

if I could rep you more I would, so here is a public one for you. thanks

Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaida View Post
In both situations, the government is looking out in the best interests of society as a whole. Take away a woman's right to abort and we are left with dangerous back alley abortions and too many kids in the foster system. Allow people to sell their organs and we end up with poorer hospital patients at a disadvantage and a whole host of nasty possibilities.

The government isn't looking out for my best interest. It allows woman to have total control over their bodies in terms of abortion, which I agree with, but then turns around and denies me the same control over my body. It is a double standard.

What business is it of anyone's who sells their body parts but their own? It would solve the shortage, pay the seller, and everyone is happy. Your nightmare scenarios is merely fearmongering that allows the govenment to control your body when you correctly point out a woman body is her's and it's nobody's business whether she chooses abortion or not.

Selliing body parts is socially better than abortion since it hurts no one and help every reciepient to SAVE their life.

The irony is amazing and the hypocricy is astounding.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:57 AM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
When men can get pregnant then men can have abortions. That would make things equal.
Absolutely wrong. You talk about control over your own body. I agree with this. But I DO NOT get equal protection under the law because I can't choose to remove a kidney and sell it. I would be arrested. So you have control over yor body but that is denied to me.

Furthermore, if I chose to sell a kidney, it SAVES a life, not destroys one.

Hypocritical and ironic double standard.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:07 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,093,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Until an organism can live on its own, it's a parasite.

This is just how sick our society has gotten and this is the danger of liberals in the schools. A parasite is something foreign to a species that has gotten into or on a body.

Considering the VAST majority of abortions are by liberals I am starting to believe it will be best for humanity in the long run that they perform self-extinction.

Nature has odd and unusual ways of cleansing the earth.

Last edited by dcsldcd; 02-11-2011 at 10:39 AM..

Old 02-11-2011, 11:04 AM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
There is no abortion law. The LAW allows abortion to be legal in the US. That is the LAW of the land.

You just contradicted yourself by the way.

Thanks for playing. YOU don't get to decide what is murder or not. THE LAW does.
Wow, where does one start with such a pile of folderal like this.

Abortion "law", as I was referring to is in the case of Roe V Wade.

Perhaps you have heard of "case law", which is legally binding decisions held by a court. If a US district court makes a ruling, it binds all in that district, if a U.S. Court of Appeals, makes a ruling, it binds all in the circuit (here in CA, it is the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, the Appeals Court of loony tunes that carries the disgrace of being the most-overturn court in the US (by the Supreme Court).

If the Supreme Court makes a ruling, it binds all of US.

Perhaps you have heard, welll probably not, of a SCOTUS case refrred to as Roe v Wade.It is the "abortyion law" (notice I did NOT say statute) that I refer to. Strike One.

Strike two is your contraditions of yourself when you first said there is no abortion law,a nd then s ay that the law allows abortion. Duh there no law re: abortion, but the law about abortion allows it? Don't you see how silly what you said is?

Strike three (your finall one is that you stated the obvious that I don't get to decide what murder is which is so obvious as to be foolish to assert. I stated what the law IS, I didn't decree what the law shall be.

Thanks for getting struck out - now back to the dugout you go. BTW, you have invented a new "position" in baseball - "designted strike out"

Old 02-11-2011, 11:04 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Can someone tell me how Abortion is not the same as murder? (abortions, supporters)
Because a fetus is not a person until it can survive in the world outside the woman. See how imple it is.
The argement will never change anyones mind, some believe the fetus is a person the day the egg and the sperm meet, heck some think taking the pill murder.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies