Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:37 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Many have wondered how Israel, a new country the size of New Jersey, with virtually no natural resources could achieve so much wealth and such a high standard of living, while other countries in the Middle East and Africa that have a full abundance of natural resources, such as oil, diamonds, gold, etc., are starving.

Read this, and you will see why.

WRMEA: U.S. Aid to Israel

So what about Eqypt?

They are a close number two.

Why are they dirt poor?

U.S. Foreign Aid Summary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 10:23 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So what about Eqypt?

They are a close number two.

Why are they dirt poor?

U.S. Foreign Aid Summary
But, if you include other U.S. taxpayer monies going to Israel, such as U.S. technology subsidies of Israeli defense industries and high technology companies, the number is much higher. For example, guess who buys almost 90% of the high technology weapons and technology from Israel? You guessed it, the United States. Bottom line....the U.S. government and taxpayers keeps Israel in its superior economic, political and military position.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:30 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,147,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
But, if you include other U.S. taxpayer monies going to Israel, such as U.S. technology subsidies of Israeli defense industries and high technology companies, the number is much higher. For example, guess who buys almost 90% of the high technology weapons and technology from Israel? You guessed it, the United States. Bottom line....the U.S. government and taxpayers keeps Israel in its superior economic, political and military position.
Based on this theory we should be pissed at all the far eastern countries for putting out superior cars (Toyota,Nissan,Honda).Are you going to start another thread about the Japanese?If someone puts out a good product, you can't fault someone for buying it.If tomorrow the Russians put out a car that costs $5000,got 300 miles to the gallon,and had a lifetime warranty; I bet alot of people including us would buy it! When you start complaining about us importing from other countries and keeping them in business; then and only then will your argument have any weight to it, otherwise it's pure biased hatred!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:30 PM

698 posts, read 1,510,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Clever way of contradicting yourself is one sentence...
Actually if you read the whole paragraph you would have noticed I compared the Germans methods of making Jews inferior in their society comparable to the way Jews are making Palestinians inferior in their society. Yes, Israel is not using all the methods the Germans did such as gas chambers and mass killings, but nonetheless they are using methods that were at one point in time used against them such as checkpoints, relocation, constant police harassment, and imprisonment of people who speak out against the current state.

Quote:
Useful for what? bringing more misery?
Well yes, that is the objective of any war. I highly doubt Israel would just give the Palestinians their fair share if they just asked for it. They also cant fight the Israeli government head on because Israel is militarily superior and much better equipped. While I do not support suicide bombing, from a strategic viewpoint it is a brilliant way of fighting back. It has given the Israel an image of being dangerous and has probably damaged the country as a whole economically as it makes people think twice about investing money over there be it through traveling or starting or investing in business. Since the Palestinians goal is to drive the Jews out of Israel, this in their viewpoint, is unfortunately a good start.

Quote:
But... we are friends with the nations that produce oil: Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Qatar, Kuwait, Dubai, Mexico, Canada, to name just a few. The only country that we are in conflict with is Iran. However, you can be Iran's friend. I have no objection if you (and some of your friends) go and live there. Enjoy.
Yes we are friends with them but none of them receive the political backing and money supply from our government like Israel do. I mean for christs sake Israeli forces attacked the USS Liberty in 1967 killing 34 Americans and wounding many and we didn't do anything about it. That right there shows that our government is entrenched politically in keeping Israel our friends even if it means costing the lives of our own soldiers. Also those nations you listed as our friends give us resources and capital in return for our governments support. It gives us an economic advantage as a nation to be their friend, yet you fail to mention anything Israel gives in return for our support. Unless of course you consider being a bigger target for Islamic Extremists an advantage.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:36 PM

698 posts, read 1,510,123 times
From what it seems like, not many people know about Israels attack on the USS Liberty

here is some links

CNN.com - USS Liberty attack tapes released - Jul. 10, 2003

War Crimes Committed Against U.S. Military Personnel, June 8, 1967

The Attack on the USS Liberty

USS Liberty Memorial

USS Liberty incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-23-2009, 11:51 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,949,346 times
Democracy, freedom, universal suffrarge.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:02 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
Lancet71;8015324]Who ever said I was an Israeli,not me? 1776 is the year of the constitution but USA existed before then
the continent of north america, yes! the USA? NO!!!

Quote:
and if you check a book called the "OLD TESTAMENT" which is about 5700 years old if you want to be exact(Torah) then you'd realize that Israel existed then including Jerusalem.
NOT AS A ****ING industrialised/undeveloped country. on some religous ****.. not goverment who governs 100% off of the bible/torah.

Quote:
A homeland for jews is racist? But you call yourself African American!
what does me calling myself african american have to do with this notion of jews or israel? nothing, im african american by ethnicity and legacy,american point blank nationality wise i dont think you know what that is, most people these days seem to not.

your nothing but a zionist, it makes no sense to create a country for individuals based on religous perception who are not indigenous to the region..

Quote:
Aren't you a catholic or protestant american? But your origin comes from Africa,correct?
well your origin comes from europe so?
yes my origins are from africa and could have a bit of french ancestry as well
catholicism is not big in the african american community, BAPTIST/PENTECOSTAL/LUTHERAN IS! i never ever met a black protestant ever though there may be some these protestant s were the group of people who fled europe for religous freedom and then you know the rest about wasps!

Quote:
and just like you are not an African American even though it's commonly used nowadays.If it was true then Egyptians would be African Americans too even if they were white.
i am an AA/AFRO-AFRI that african/afro term exist all over th americas ever there are blacks.
but
no they wouldnt be AA's egyptians would be arab-americans except for those who are nubian. afro-cuban, afro-colombiano its all the same. african american/afro-american is exclusive for american blks but its being misused and misunderstood.

i have other black relatives from the caribbean who live in america but they arent african american they're black but there nationality or ethnicity represents them

Old 03-24-2009, 10:22 AM

8,164 posts, read 15,147,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
the continent of north america, yes! the USA? NO!!!

NOT AS A ****ING industrialised/undeveloped country. on some religous ****.. not goverment who governs 100% off of the bible/torah.

what does me calling myself african american have to do with this notion of jews or israel? nothing, im african american by ethnicity and legacy,american point blank nationality wise i dont think you know what that is, most people these days seem to not.

your nothing but a zionist, it makes no sense to create a country for individuals based on religous perception who are not indigenous to the region..

well your origin comes from europe so?
yes my origins are from africa and could have a bit of french ancestry as well
catholicism is not big in the african american community, BAPTIST/PENTECOSTAL/LUTHERAN IS! i never ever met a black protestant ever though there may be some these protestant s were the group of people who fled europe for religous freedom and then you know the rest about wasps!

i am an AA/AFRO-AFRI that african/afro term exist all over th americas ever there are blacks.
but
no they wouldnt be AA's egyptians would be arab-americans except for those who are nubian. afro-cuban, afro-colombiano its all the same. african american/afro-american is exclusive for american blks but its being misused and misunderstood.

i have other black relatives from the caribbean who live in america but they arent african american they're black but there nationality or ethnicity represents them
Here's an idea.Go watch the movie the ten commandments and then tell me that Israel is less than 100 years old,you won't!In the US if you fill out a job application the choices are white,hispanic,black or (african american)-but not AFRO!It might be more accurate otherwise everyone from the continent would be african.I'm not a zionist,i'm a jewish man who knows about where his people originated from.
Your relatives that are from the caribbean probably came here when they were kids so they are probably not american anyway.You were probably born on US soil which makes you a black american based on their generalization;my definition would just be american,just as I consider myself american unless people ask me to break it down further.Then and only then do I consider myself a jewish american(and not european).

Old 03-24-2009, 10:40 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,068,891 times
I question the basic premise. Is Israel some economic bright light. Many perhaps most of the population is of European descent, yet they lag Europe badly in per capita income.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:36 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,462,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
Actually if you read the whole paragraph you would have noticed I compared the Germans methods of making Jews inferior in their society comparable to the way Jews are making Palestinians inferior in their society. Yes, Israel is not using all the methods the Germans did such as gas chambers and mass killings, but nonetheless they are using methods that were at one point in time used against them such as checkpoints, relocation, constant police harassment, and imprisonment of people who speak out against the current state.
So why bring Hitler's name in the first place? Do you know how many states today place restrictions on different populations? What about China, Sri Lanka or Russia? Why refer to Hitler at all?
People who speak out... are you serious? There are Arab members in the Israeli parliament who wish to destroy the country and are openly cursing it every day...I can give you a list if you want.
Quote:
Well yes, that is the objective of any war. I highly doubt Israel would just give the Palestinians their fair share if they just asked for it. They also cant fight the Israeli government head on because Israel is militarily superior and much better equipped. While I do not support suicide bombing, from a strategic viewpoint it is a brilliant way of fighting back.
Brilliant? It is hard for me to contemplate what you say. Suicide bombing is the worst possible thing a human being can do. That is when you deteriorate to subhuman... not even a beast. just a soulless robot.
Brilliant you say... It brought the worst misery oN Palestinians. With every suicide bombing their situation further deteriorated to the lowest of low. Did they achieve anything else besides misery?
A wall has been built on the west bank and it successfully stopped all suiciders. Now their situation is far worse. Was it worth? Yes, of course, if you think that suicide bombings are brilliant! Anyway, since that is your opinion, I will no further refer to any of your inane posts. Bye!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies