Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:48 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
You're right. Arabs are an inferior race.
I do hope you're being sarcastic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 03:25 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,148,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I do hope you're being sarcastic.
Unfortunately you never know with some people.Just because we defend the country of Israel in this post,it does not mean in any way that we are necessarily condemning a whole group of people(Arabs).They are like every other race and religion.Some are nice and some not so.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:44 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
But, if you include other U.S. taxpayer monies going to Israel, such as U.S. technology subsidies of Israeli defense industries and high technology companies, the number is much higher. For example, guess who buys almost 90% of the high technology weapons and technology from Israel? You guessed it, the United States. Bottom line....the U.S. government and taxpayers keeps Israel in its superior economic, political and military position.

Did you bother to follow the link?

Maybe if Egypt had smart people like Israel, we would buy their technology too. Thing is when you have an oppressive government, smart people leave. Can you think of anyone trying to immigrate to Egypt? No, because Egypt is a dump with an oppressive Islamic theocracy. Got lots of smart Jews immigrating to Israel though. See how that works?

So you hate Jews, anything else to this issue of yours? Are you worried about money being spent? Because you didn't start a thread about the cost of foreign aid. Maybe next time you could start a thread titled "I hate Jews!" and we could all simply ignore it.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:59 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyHolliday! View Post
The USA should support neither side as they both are not interested in maintaining peace and prosperity for everyone. Israel owes a lot to the U.S. because we have supplied them with all their weapons and a strong political backing. Lets not forget about the USS Liberty Incidence where Israel bombed one of our own ships and 34 American soldiers died. If any other nation or group did this, the U.S. would be at war with them but because its Israel we just slap their wrist.

In my opinion since America is currently run on oil, we should make friends with the nations that produce it. Israel does produce oil or really give anything back to the U.S. in return. Its enemies however produce oil and give far more in return resource wise than Israel ever has. Yet we spend tens of billions on Israel? If we are gonna hand out money to countries we should probably give it to the nations that help fuel our economy not the nations that give our religious groups a feeling of comfort.
I agree totally but it will never happen, Jews are overrepresented in the House and Senate. For those who want to flame figure it out, jews make up 2-3% of the populaiton of the US but a much greater percent of the people in the Leg. branch.

couple that with an overrepresentation in popular culture, hollywood, the media and you have why so many brain-dead americans can't think outside the propaganda. No country in the middle east has broken more peace accords or treaties as Isreal. Fact.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:48 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Did you bother to follow the link?

Maybe if Egypt had smart people like Israel, we would buy their technology too. Thing is when you have an oppressive government, smart people leave. Can you think of anyone trying to immigrate to Egypt? No, because Egypt is a dump with an oppressive Islamic theocracy. Got lots of smart Jews immigrating to Israel though. See how that works?

So you hate Jews, anything else to this issue of yours? Are you worried about money being spent? Because you didn't start a thread about the cost of foreign aid. Maybe next time you could start a thread titled "I hate Jews!" and we could all simply ignore it.

A Jew and an Israeli are not the same. Someone of the Jewish faith can be a citizen of the U.S., Guatamala, Kenya, Columbia or any other country. However, an individual would not be labeled as a "Jew hater" if they disagreed with the amount of U.S. taxpayer and corporate dollars going to any of these countries. Therefore, referring to someone as a "Jew hater" because they disagree with foreign aid dollars going to Israel is groundless.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:52 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
A Jew and an Israeli are not the same. Someone of the Jewish faith can be a citizen of the U.S., Guatamala, Kenya, Columbia or any other country. However, an individual would not be labeled as a "Jew hater" if they disagreed with the amount of U.S. taxpayer and corporate dollars going to any of these countries. Therefore, referring to someone as a "Jew hater" because they disagree with foreign aid dollars going to Israel is groundless.
That is true, but it is undeniable that many anti-Israel posts here and on other forums end up being based on hatred of jews in the US and elsewhere.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:26 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
Or, in other words, you've found a convenient justification to hide behind.

Old 03-24-2009, 06:29 PM

564 posts, read 892,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I agree totally but it will never happen, Jews are overrepresented in the House and Senate. For those who want to flame figure it out, jews make up 2-3% of the populaiton of the US but a much greater percent of the people in the Leg. branch.

couple that with an overrepresentation in popular culture, hollywood, the media and you have why so many brain-dead americans can't think outside the propaganda. No country in the middle east has broken more peace accords or treaties as Isreal. Fact.
This post is totally true, lets not forget U.N. resolutions against Israel vetoed by the U.S., and someone said billions before. Try again, Trillions of U.S. dollars sent to Israel in all kinds of resolutions hidden and disguised from the American public. Hidden in loans that Israel will never be held accountable to pay back-not one red copper penny. When I first got educated about the American-Israeli relationship I could not believe what I was reading. Even today knowing all I know is still shocking when I think about it. Not one Senator or Representative will ever stand up to the hidden bills of pork and what not that flows over there. The Media would crucify them, convince the public about whatever, and no chance of being re-elected.

The media in this country has waaaay too much power, but a few who decides what you know and how you know it. Once Americans in mass figure this out and whats really going on, we Americans will be far better off when the truth finally comes out. The real truth will be hard, unbelievable and damaging to many. Believe me it's coming! I can't wait! And boy it's going to have shockwaves and repercussions once the cats out of the bag

Old 03-24-2009, 07:04 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,981 times
Here's a congressional report on aid to Israel, which states that U.S. subsidies and tax dollars has made Israel a rich nation. All of Israel's major defense technology programs are joint programs with U.S. corporations.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

Old 03-24-2009, 08:33 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
the usa gives israel billions of dollars every month to fund there war machine!!! they destroyed gaza with all that money we gave them along with military technowlogy... and american tax payers are going foot the bill to rebuild the gaza region which israel destroyed!!!they already allocated one billion dollars of tax payers money to rebuild gaza's infrastrucure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies