Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 07:02 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,070,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
I promise you I don't aplogize,there is no guilt.It was very noble and I'm well aware that people like will bash the south any chance you get.I know a thing about veterans my family is full of them,just like every other southern household,I have ancestors who fought for the union and confederacy have your folks even been here that long
1630s work for you babycakes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 07:02 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,233 times
Quote:
I promise you I don't aplogize,there is no guilt.It was very noble and I'm well aware that people like will bash the south any chance you get.I know a thing about veterans my family is full of them,just like every other southern household,I have ancestors who fought for the union and confederacy have your folks even been here that long
My family fought in the Revolution against England.

We've been here since about 1670.

Last edited by Sagran; 05-25-2009 at 08:28 PM..

Old 05-25-2009, 07:06 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
You had better stop honoring Lincoln, then.
I don't honor the Abe or the DICK.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:12 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Actually most "southern" states have state holidays that commemorate their dead. Memorial Day from it's inception was to honor those who died fighting for the United States of America. It's just become PC to include traitors who fought against the country. Benedict Arnold Day will be next.
ABE and the Northern Yankees betrayed the U.S. Constitution just as Truman, IKE, LBJ, and NIXON betrayed the U.S. Constitution.

All, including the soldiers, committed treason on these and the United States.

None of the above listed had Constitutional Authority to engage in the Civil War, the Korean War, or Vietnam, etc.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:22 PM

646 posts, read 802,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
1630s work for you babycakes?
Oh you must think I'm a female,you mean 1630 and you never heard of Mary Phagan.You might want to google it and learn a little history

Old 05-25-2009, 07:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Sarene ... Your threads are beginning to get rather ridiculous ... Don't you have anything that's more substantial to discuss rather than hurling these petty insults against Obama? You are only making yourself look foolish.
Just change the name and you have my opinion of this thread as well.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:23 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Shocking that you consider Confederates non-American, but Ayres is A.O.K.
Confederates were anti-American by name and nature. Their entire existence was geared toward destroying America.

When the cadets fired on American troops at Fort Sumter, they committed a treasonous act.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:40 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
My family has been in this country since the late 1600s and in Richland County since 1741. I had two relatives I can trace who fought in the Revolution, and my Great-great grandfather was Captain Henry Williamson Dixon of the 6th S.C. Regiment. He served at the Second Manassas and was wounded in the shoulder by a sniper in Richmond.

My family never owned slaves. They were merchants for years and had a general store in Columbia. GG Grandpa joined because of peer pressure (Literally every young man who was able bodied went. The University had to shut down because of a lack of students) and because he was bored with working in the store. Whether he had any grand political ambitions or any overwhelming desire to Save The South is doubtful.

I was raised with the CBF flying over the State House in Columbia (where it was placed in the 60s as a response to the passage of Federal Civil Rights legislation) and a klan member for a step-grandfather.

GG Grandpa fought honorably for the Southern Cause whether or not he believed in it.

He was dead wrong.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:44 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
It was an economy based on agriculture.. How is that morally bankrupt? There must have been something else involved, considering that many freed slaves went right back to the plantations they worked at before, with a few leaving for cities.. Yet the economy was still in the crapper. The South did have a chance of winning, on several occasions actually.. Might want to read some history.. But I suppose that isn't your forte.
Some people don't have to be called ignorant, they wave that banner proudly themselves!!

How about you read some history AND sociology books and you'll have an idea why some slaves were FORCED back onto the plantation, slave..share cropper, different name same life.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:56 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,961,670 times
These people fought against the United States of America, the definition of that action is listed below
:

Definitions of treason on the Web:

a crime that undermines the offender's government
disloyalty by virtue of subversive behavior
treachery: an act of deliberate betrayal
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

This nation forgives, but we should not honor traitors to this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies