Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Rave on. Your exact words are there for the record. Which was the Confederate soldiers were not American soldiers and should thus not be honored. That is the only point of yours I was responding too. Anything else which may have concerned the WBTS was incidental to the larger point -- or else primarily directed at another post -- and not to re-fight the War (there are other threads for that). So is your intent now to spin from that you distinctly said what you later denied saying?
That little slip-up where I was unaware that the Confederacy also claimed the nickname "American" (if indeed they did/do) was cleared up in later posts. While you read things into my other posts, you managed to complete ignore that one.

Quote:
Chip on shoulder, thug, wandering looking for a fight? Oh yeah, right. I have a real reputation for that. Are they your generic labels for those who don't buy into your belief system and positions?
No, they are names I use for people with chips on their shoulders pouncing on every chance to be confrontation while bloviating about their obession whether it fits the thead or not.

Quote:
Regardless, I have to respect someone before I pay much attention to their sophomoric name-calling. Have a nice day, you heah?
Oh, you don't respect me? My heart is broken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
no i just forget what i learn but i do know Lincoln or the Northeast had something to do with it.
the only thing kids hate most about school is grades. they act like we are just a letter grade.
Then you didn't learn it, did you? You were taught something but you didn't learn it.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:24 AM

646 posts, read 802,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Then you didn't learn it, did you? You were taught something but you didn't learn it.
Look's like your coming across a bully picking on a school kid

Old 05-27-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Look's like your coming across a bully picking on a school kid
That should be "Looks like you're coming across as a bully picking on a school kid."

I bet you were taught, you just didn't learn either.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:44 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,070,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iColt1 View Post
um i'm still in school and i wasn't born yesterday he did say that and so slave state seceded starting with South Carolina
Move to vocational education because anything more complex is probably going to be too much of a stretch, if you can't research basic facts that are very well documented.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:44 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:
That little slip-up where I was unaware that the Confederacy also claimed the nickname "American" (if indeed they did/do) was cleared up in later posts. While you read things into my other posts, you managed to complete ignore that one.
The only time you corrected it was after you were actually called out on it and quoted, and only after later hedging and denying you had ever said it at all. That is there for the record too. There is nothing to "ignore." But regardless, had you originally acknowledged it as a slip-up, then I would have never made an issue of it and indeed would have personally told you I appreciated and respected your doing so. I am really NOT a hard guy to get along with...

Quote:
No, they are names I use for people with chips on their shoulders pouncing on every chance to be confrontation while bloviating about their obession whether it fits the thead or not.
This might be a blow to your obviously inflated -- and delusionary -- sense of yourself, but you are not the one who sets the thread content here. The mentions of the WBTS, as I explained earlier, were incidental and relevant to a larger point brought about by your whole original premise that the Confederates were not American soldiers. Or else addressed to other posts. And the one that I did misunderstand of yours, I later admitted to having done so and conceded such.

But so far as the names used go? Oh man, I am still oh so devastated over their originality and barbs implanted...LMAO

Quote:
Oh, you don't respect me? My heart is broken.
*yawns* Then perhaps you need counselling.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:52 AM

646 posts, read 802,060 times
Quote:
That should be "Looks like you're coming across as a bully picking on a school kid."

I bet you were taught, you just didn't learn either.
Thank you for the english lesson,only today your in history class so hush up and learn

Old 05-27-2009, 08:54 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,070,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
Thank you for the english [sic] lesson,only today your [sic] in history class so hush up and learn
Clearly you're not in English class with this crowd.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
The only time you corrected it was after you were actually called out on it and quoted, and only after later hedging and denying you had ever said it at all. That is there for the record too. There is nothing to "ignore." But regardless, had you originally acknowledged it as a slip-up, then I would have never made an issue of it and indeed would have personally told you I appreciated and respected your doing so. I am really NOT a hard guy to get along with...
ummmm, why would I correct something I had no idea others would misconstrue until someone "called me out on it"? Frankly, I had never heard the Confederacy considered itself "American". I thought they were so proud to be "The Confederacy". Who knew?

Quote:
This might be a blow to your obviously inflated -- and delusionary -- sense of yourself, but you are not the one who sets the thread content here.
There ya go, reading into my posts things that aren't there again. I made a comment about your posting style, not about thread content.

Quote:
The mentions of the WBTS, as I explained earlier, were incidental and relevant to a larger point brought about by your whole original premise that the Confederates were not American soldiers. Or else addressed to other posts. And the one that I did misunderstand of yours, I later admitted to having done so and conceded such.
The generally accepted method of responding to something a poster says is to quote that poster and make your comment.

Quote:
But so far as the names used go? Oh man, I am still oh so devastated over their originality and barbs implanted...LMAO
I suspect that it's more about your failure to convince me of your brilliance and expertise.

Quote:
*yawns* Then perhaps you need counselling.
Oh. Oh my.... You didn't fall back on that?!? You call me out for "chip on your shoulder" then resort to that trite comment???

Last edited by Sagran; 05-27-2009 at 09:17 AM..

Old 05-27-2009, 09:28 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times
Quote:
ummmm, why would I correct something I had no idea others would misconstrue until someone "called me out on it"? Frankly, I has never heard the Confederacy considered itself "American". I thought they were so proud to be The Confederacy. Who knew?
Go back and read it is all I can tell you and see for yourself when the correction was made. Only after first denying you had ever said it. But ok, you finally made it whatever your motivations, so I guess that counts for something.

Regardless, sure they were proud to be the Confederacy. The Confederate States of America. Same as the United States of America (as defined) were also known as the Union.

Quote:
There ya go, reading into my posts things that aren't there again. I made a comment about your posting style, not about thread content.
Posting style wasn't mentioned. Fitting the thread was. Perhaps you should make your points clearer, if you don't want to be misunderstood (hmmmm...where else could that possibly apply...? )

Quote:
The generally accepted method of responding to something a poster says is to quote that poster and make your comment.
As was done when applicable. That is there for the record too.

Quote:
I suspect that it's more about your failure to convince me of your brilliance and expertise.
Yeah, THAT must be what it is! LOL

Quote:
Oh. Oh my.... You didn't fall back on that?!? You call me out for "chip on your shoulder" then resort to that trite comment???
Good one, wasn't it? I bet you use it yourself in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies