Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 05:46 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
you're on topic!
wish we could give reps whenever we want to.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:47 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Umm...you are talking about her right now, correct? Which means others are joining into the discussion about her, correct? And many people, after they post on CD, might talk to others they know about her, correct? That's called publicity, and publicity gives her power. And I didn't blame just her opposition for giving her all this attention. I simply said you are giving her power by keeping her in the public eye. I know their are conservative who still eat everything this woman says up like it's mana from heaven. But if we just stop caring, they will have to find another public personality to cling to. You may think this is just a message board, but it is also a place where people pick up ideas and talking points which they use in later discussions with other people. Thus, the cycle of fame continues. You have to allow people to forget her, and the easiest way to do that is to just lose interest in her all together. See what I am saying?
I appreciate your points.

However:

I LOVE reminding Repubs just what a HUGE embarrasment their candidate for VP was/is.

AND: They do NOT need to keep defending her .

And: when any public figure who knows they have influence on the stupid tell inflammatory lies to destroy something I believe in I will attack.
So far I've been gentle with PalinPig.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:48 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh, I have no doubt that she will never be elected to office again, though it will take some people a few years to realize this. But as long as she gets attention in the national media, she's going to get attention on forums like this, especially when she says the kind of things that she does.
True...and it also about who the Palien represents (the anti-so-called-"elite" knuckledraggers).

Old 08-14-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And: when any public figure who knows they have influence on the stupid tell inflammatory lies to destroy something I believe in I will attack.
So far I've been gentle with PalinPig.
what gets me is that she used her little boy to push the Death Panel business -- which she knew perfectly well was a lie since she'd passed the same thing in Alaska -- and WE knew it, and saw it and said what she was doing and these IDIOTS could NOT SEE.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
what gets me is that she used her little boy to push the Death Panel business -- which she knew perfectly well was a lie since she'd passed the same thing in Alaska -- and WE knew it, and saw it and said what she was doing and these IDIOTS could NOT SEE.
Yes, she shamelessly uses that little baby....I truly believe she should have it taken away from her...it's no more than a political tool for her...

Old 08-14-2009, 06:01 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
"Nearer, My Todd, To Thee"

Hmm....Ya know, that Todd isn't half bad. Now if I were a cougar......oh heck, I'm too old to even be a cougar.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Hmm....Ya know, that Todd isn't half bad. Now if I were a cougar......oh heck, I'm too old to even be a cougar.
you know the ONLY good thing Ive ever read Sarah say was in reply to, were they getting a divorce: "Divorce Todd? Have you seen Todd? I may be a [stupid lying manipulating quitter] but Im not blind!"

Old 08-14-2009, 06:08 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,112,238 times
Quote:
you know the ONLY good thing Ive ever read Sarah say was in reply to, were they getting a divorce: "Divorce Todd? Have you seen Todd? I may be a [stupid lying manipulating quitter] but Im not blind!"

And all the women said; "AMEN!"

Old 08-14-2009, 06:10 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,730,484 times
SARAH PALIN DIVORCE SCANDAL*|*Weekly World News

Quote:
WASILLA, AK – Rumors of Sarah Palin’s divorce have surfaced. Sources claim she is leaving Todd for a Bigfoot.

Sarah Palin, who recently abdicated as Governor of Alaska, refuses to abdicate the spotlight. This week rumors began to surface that she may be getting a divorce from her husband Todd. Sources claim it would be for the love of a Bigfoot.

Palin has been a scourge of the Sasquatch community for some time now. Since quitting her job as Governor she has spent most of her time relaxing by hunting the noble and incredibly rare Bigfoot community. The owner or a rural Alaska hotel outside Palmer on Route 1, who wishes to remain anonymous, says she and one of the beasts have fallen in love.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
And all the women said; "AMEN!"
No, not ALL the women.

I prefer people who have a personality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies