Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2009, 10:46 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Desperately? Filing a lawsuit based on a pathetic, obvious forgery is the act of people willfully turning off their critical faculties and staking their reputation on a very shaky basis. Very risky.

Doing it twice is, frankly, moving into desperate territory.

I don't see Obama actually doing anything. He's got bigger fish to fry. His lawyers are doing what any first-year law student would recommend: Giving their opponents what the law requires them to give, no more. Which so far has been nothing.

It was Berg and Taitz who moved this into the courtrooms, and that was really, really stupid of them.
The alleged Kenyan Birth Certificate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2009, 10:49 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
That's nice. Do you have a point?

Old 09-06-2009, 10:54 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Do I believe Obama is eligible to be POTUS - absolutely NO! He does not meet "natural born citizen" status. And if you plan on asking questions about his status - it is not my job to educate you.
If you want to actually debate the point, I think you've de facto taken on the task of building your case.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:04 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
I think it's time for rational people to let this "controversy" go. As it's been said, this kind of argument is like arguing with the dining room table.

Most of us (I hope) don't spend a lot of time arguing with believers in chem-trails, Bigfoot, or Area 54 having preserved alien astronauts. You can't win, or lose, those arguments. But they don't hold a lot of personal interest or emotional involvement for the average person, whereas politics and Obama often do - and nutty claims such as the birthers' tend to get us to respond, argue back, try to prove something, because it's just so irrational we feel compelled to correct it.

I propose stopping. What is the harm if a few thousand, even a million people are "proving" on the Internet that Obama is Kenyan, or his BC is a fake, etc? Let them have their paranoid fantasy. It won't bring down the presidency, and whenever it rises to a public level, such as a Republican Congressman giving it credibility, it just harms them.

The White House isn't pushing back against all this nonsense - why are we? There are better things to do and discuss, better ways of spending time than trying vainly to convince someone who obviously lives in a different reality. So stop all the looking up citations, links, opening Obama's books to particular pages. Don't give oxygen to the flames. Just please stop and let it slide. Let them froth. Who cares?

Old 09-06-2009, 11:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
I think it's time for rational people to let this "controversy" go. As it's been said, this kind of argument is like arguing with the dining room table.

Most of us (I hope) don't spend a lot of time arguing with believers in chem-trails, Bigfoot, or Area 54 having preserved alien astronauts. You can't win, or lose, those arguments. But they don't hold a lot of personal interest or emotional involvement for the average person, whereas politics and Obama often do - and nutty claims such as the birthers' tend to get us to respond, argue back, try to prove something, because it's just so irrational we feel compelled to correct it.

I propose stopping. What is the harm if a few thousand, even a million people are "proving" on the Internet that Obama is Kenyan, or his BC is a fake, etc? Let them have their paranoid fantasy. It won't bring down the presidency, and whenever it rises to a public level, such as a Republican Congressman giving it credibility, it just harms them.

The White House isn't pushing back against all this nonsense - why are we? There are better things to do and discuss, better ways of spending time than trying vainly to convince someone who obviously lives in a different reality. So stop all the looking up citations, links, opening Obama's books to particular pages. Don't give oxygen to the flames. Just please stop and let it slide. Let them froth. Who cares?
Like groar, I do have a problem with letting lies stand unopposed. The "birthers" seem to think that if they say something often enough, people will believe it, even though even they (the birthers) know it's a lie. The concern is that some formerly reasonable people will start believing this dreck. There are a lot of people on this forum, who seem reasonably intelligent, who believe it. There are also a lot of "haters" on this forum who believe it.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:15 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Quote:
I will NEVER accept him as "my" President!

And yet, he is.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:15 AM

Obama's idiot press secretary, Robert Gibbs, doesn't even have a decent answer why Obama won't release his records when asked over and over by the press pool. Of course Robert Gibbs doesn't have an answer for anything he's asked about. He's just another Obama buffoon!

Old 09-06-2009, 11:17 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post

You know what? You're right. I hearby swear off ever replying to this nonsense again. So there are a few nuts who believe the moon is made of green cheese....big deal. Let them twirl around and around in their little paranoid world. Even serious Republicans think they're nuts. I will quit trying to bring light into their dark little world.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You know what? You're right. I hearby swear off ever replying to this nonsense again. So there are a few nuts who believe the moon is made of green cheese....big deal. Let them twirl around and around in their little paranoid world. Even serious Republicans think they're nuts. I will quit trying to bring light into their dark little world.
Let's see if you tell the truth!

Old 09-06-2009, 11:24 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,342,697 times
The comments on that website are hilarious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies