Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 10:01 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,068,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ho View Post
Yes, you are correct that private citizens have no standing. In order to have standing you must be able to satisfy the requirement of having been harmed by the actions in some way.

Alan Keyes ran for president on the same ticket as Obama. He also is a black man (before anyone drags out the race card). Mr. Keyes has standing and it is he that has brought the current motion before the Judge.

If you don't know who Alan Keyes is, just google it. He's a brilliant man and an honest politician. Few of them around anymore these days.
He doesn't appear on this case as far as I can see. I think his was one the cases that was dismissed. Keyes clearly can't show harm. While technically he was a presidential candidate he wasn't on the ballot in enough state to win anything.

As I said before, what's the issue before the court?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 10:18 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,326,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
He doesn't appear on this case as far as I can see. I think his was one the cases that was dismissed. Keyes clearly can't show harm. While technically he was a presidential candidate he wasn't on the ballot in enough state to win anything.

As I said before, what's the issue before the court?
Well, here's some beginning grist for your question.

None Dare Call It Treason

Old 09-08-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Well, here's some beginning grist for your question.

None Dare Call It Treason
No relevance what-so-ever.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
No relevance what-so-ever.

Oh - It's relevant alright.

Both cases deal with the act of the Supreme Court determining the qualifications of the president.

Bush, as we all know, wasn't qualified to be president - other than that he was "qualified" by the Supreme Court.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Oh - It's relevant alright.

Both cases deal with the act of the Supreme Court determining the qualifications of the president.

Bush, as we all know, wasn't qualified to be president - other than that he was "qualified" by the Supreme Court.
Both parties to that suit had clear standing. IMO the Supreme Court acted unwisely. I think it was a state matter for Florida to decide, but there was no question that either Bush or Gore could bring such an action.

What's the case before the court with the birthers?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 AM

1 posts, read 880 times
Default smith??

r u any kin to justin and brandon smith they have another brother to??

Old 09-08-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Both parties to that suit had clear standing. IMO the Supreme Court acted unwisely. I think it was a state matter for Florida to decide, but there was no question that either Bush or Gore could bring such an action.

What's the case before the court with the birthers?
Abuse of the constitutional process of electing a president.

Every citizen who voted, or didn't vote, has standing.

The "harm" or "damages" suffered each citizen, is the harm suffered the Constitution.

But if the "damages" need to be in the form of at least a $20 controversy, I am guessing there are at least a million people who lost that much betting on McCain to win.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/c...n/amendment07/

Last edited by ergohead; 09-08-2009 at 11:10 AM..

Old 09-08-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Abuse of the constitutional process of electing a president.

Every citizen who voted, or didn't vote, has standing.

The "harm" or "damages" suffered each citizen, is the harm suffered the Constitution.
The court was very clear. Individual citizens do not have standing to bring such a suit.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
The court was very clear. Individual citizens do not have standing to bring such a suit.

Check the Las Vegas registrar for names and addresses of people who bet over $20 on McCain to win.

Let's get a jury trial on this.

The Supreme Court has questionable integrity.

Old 09-08-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Wouldn't you love to see a national class-action suit on this?

Or, should we wait for a "classless" society first?

Call Ketchem, Killum and Dogood for all your legal needs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies