Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 05:18 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Mmm nice try the government will dictate the minimum requirements of insurance if a particular policy does not meet that minimum that policy will no longer be allowed and people will have to switch to another policy which could cost more.
That's good because I am sick and tired of paying for people who are not personally responible enough to have sufficient coverage. That's why we, who have insurance, see our premiums shoot through the roof.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 05:30 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
The Republican plan allowed for coops which allowed individuals to band together and be treated like a large company when buying insurance. A big plus for the little guy.
The co-ops were proposed by Dems. The idea itself comes from UK.

Let's see which parts of the bill have the blessing of both parties:

- Removal of caps
- Removal of pre-existing condition clause
- Country wide plans
- Insurance pool
- Co-ops (are they still in the bill)

Who says it is not bi-partisan?

What exactly are the Repulicans still crying about?

Old 12-23-2009, 07:07 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,936,480 times
Quote:
Ah yes I see the Democrats, all 60 in the caucus, voted for this thing. Great example of thinking for yourself!

Other countries must be laughing at them!
The Reps. had the opportunity to provide input in committee. They stonewalled and refused to be bipartisan. The Dem's. had little choice but to go ahead with a flawed plan..... remember when the tables were turned and the Reps. were the majority , many Dem's. DID contribute, and looked at corp orating to get the job done.

My point is that universal health care for everyone is what the Country wants , needs , and should be entitled too. How you go about it is the big issue. There should be , for the good of the Country , responsible debate, dialog , and working together to get the job done. Not just saying NO to everything , for other reasons than for the good of the People. Thats why We are an embarrassment , how can you think otherwise ?

Old 12-23-2009, 07:41 AM

24 posts, read 24,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I lean mostly to the left liberal side, but I am not so sure of the current bill that is going through the Senate. It looks like everyone was paid off to get what they want for their own state just to pass it. There is no doubt we need to reform the current system, so what would be your plan? I am currently one of the people who work full time, but my employer offers no insurance, and I cannot afford private insurance. Still, I feel this bill is flawed, so I thought I would ask the other side for their viewpoint.
This would not be a problem except for the continued economic decline that has been occurring in the USA over the last 50 years. You cannot let your best jobs continue to go overseas and thus impoverish more and more people that are suited to do that sort of work, factory work, and not be going to college so they can work in a lab doing prostate specific antigen testing all day.

We must bring back our heavy industry from overseas, Mexico, and Canada. The way to do that is to get the income tax off the backs of the American taxpayer and American industry. The way to do that is to pass the Fair Tax, which abolishes the IRS and calls for the repeal of the 16th amendment (and sunsets if it is not repealed within 7 years of the passage of the Fair tax.)

The Fair Tax would bring 10 - 15 trillion dollars of American money that is sequestered, both legally and illegally, from overseas investment entities. Here, it would be used ot build factories, and make its owners even more money. In the process, it would generate full employment for the American people, and raise wage rates as industry begins to compete for scarce labor resources. Illegal aliens could easily be made legal without hurting, and in fact helping our economy. Our big problem in 10 - 15 year COULD be a labor shortage with that much economic activity.

And, this would mean that people would be able to afford their own health insurance. There would be no need to talk of having the gov't provide it. The gov't could restrict itself to outlawing the nonsensical things, like the junk lawsuits that raise doctor's malpractice insurance, and not forcing insurance companies compete across state lines, would be enough to allow all Americans access to health care insurance.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:45 AM

37,960 posts, read 22,139,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
The Reps. had the opportunity to provide input in committee. They stonewalled and refused to be bipartisan. The Dem's. had little choice but to go ahead with a flawed plan..... remember when the tables were turned and the Reps. were the majority , many Dem's. DID contribute, and looked at corp orating to get the job done.

My point is that universal health care for everyone is what the Country wants , needs , and should be entitled too. How you go about it is the big issue. There should be , for the good of the Country , responsible debate, dialog , and working together to get the job done. Not just saying NO to everything , for other reasons than for the good of the People. Thats why We are an embarrassment , how can you think otherwise ?
Wrong! The people do not want universal health care, run by the federal government. Just ask 0bama:

“UPS and Fed Ex are doing just fine. It’s the Post Office that’s always having problems”

Old 12-23-2009, 07:49 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,747,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's good because I am sick and tired of paying for people who are not personally responible enough to have sufficient coverage. That's why we, who have insurance, see our premiums shoot through the roof.
Oh yes inadequate insurance policies are a huge problem. LOL.

No the reason premiums have shot through the roof are many fold but inadequate insurance ain't one of them.

Old 12-23-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post

That is complete silliness and rewriting of history. Snow, Collins and others were willing to be part of the process and were shut out. The vast majority of the country doesn't want what is before them. Congress is thumbing their nose at the public and stuffing this crap sandwich down their throats. Voters will remember in November who did this.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:00 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
That is complete silliness and rewriting of history. Snow, Collins and others were willing to be part of the process and were shut out. The vast majority of the country doesn't want what is before them. Congress is thumbing their nose at the public and stuffing this crap sandwich down their throats. Voters will remember in November who did this.
I suspect it would be more accurate to say, voters in Nov will remember who did not do this.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The co-ops were proposed by Dems. The idea itself comes from UK.

Let's see which parts of the bill have the blessing of both parties:

- Removal of caps
- Removal of pre-existing condition clause
- Country wide plans
- Insurance pool
- Co-ops (are they still in the bill)

Who says it is not bi-partisan?

What exactly are the Repulicans still crying about?
Interesting that the left is defining the Republicans listening to the will of the people as "crying". There will be a lot of drying on the left in November 2010.

Polls: Majority Disapprove of Health Care Legislation - Prescriptions Blog - NYTimes.com

"A Quinnipiac University Polling Institute poll released Tuesday found 53 percent of the public disapproving of the effort and 36 percent supporting it. The poll was taken last week, just as Senate Democrats were securing the necessary votes for passage."

The people know that this is a horrible bill and the Dems will pay in November, it is all theirs.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I suspect it would be more accurate to say, voters in Nov will remember who did not do this.

Another one who doesn't understand where the people are on this.

"A Quinnipiac University Polling Institute poll released Tuesday found 53 percent of the public disapproving of the effort and 36 percent supporting it. The poll was taken last week, just as Senate Democrats were securing the necessary votes for passage."

Polls: Majority Disapprove of Health Care Legislation - Prescriptions Blog - NYTimes.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies