Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2010, 09:59 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Abortion is the woman's decision and no one else’s. It must be legal and safe.

At one time it was available on a class basis and effectively restricted to the upper class women that could afford to travel to a place where abortion was legal. This was a major class privilege and the change to legal and relatively safe abortion to the lower classes has be a source of great resentment to the wealthier traditional conservatives. After all, what good is money if it doesn’t buy privilege?
Killing the Jews in Germany was the states decision and no one else it was legal and safe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 10:00 AM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Pro choice and anti abortion are two terms that have directly different meanings. If you are pro choice you favor abortion, whether you favor abortion for yourself is not the point, to say you are pro choice you favor the use of abortion, so you are not pro life.
You can say 1 equals 2 all you want, but 1 will never equal 2. You just want to straddle the fence and say one thing equals the exact opposite. Pro choice people do that to fool themselves to make themselves feel all warn and fuzzy about the genocide of 49 million unborn
I don't agree with you, but so be it.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:07 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I don't agree with you, but so be it.
I never expected agreement. I only give the truth. Sorry you can not see the truth. But so be it

Old 02-25-2010, 07:17 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,310,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
How does that really change my post? People have unprotected sex. It may not be a wise decision, but it still happens and it sometimes results in a pregnancy.

Are you saying that we should allow for abortions for women who use contraceptives, but don't allow them if they haven't taken protective measures?

What I'm saying is that most of the time abortion is a form of birth control. Ironically, the pro-choice folks always seem to use the rape, incest, and birth defect argument when discussing the subject. What percentage of abortions are related to those three?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:29 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,441,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Of course they do, there is nothing that applies to one group only. I will add, you will never find a true consevative that believes in late term abortions.

Nita
I agree 110%. I am a conservative that is pro-choice but only to a point. I am against late term abortions hell I am against them after 12 weeks. If you can't make up your mind whether you want a baby or not in 3 months to bad you are having it.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Because the fetus is not a life. You arent killing anything.

BUT I do believe in death penalty.

I take issue with that. I have two children who when I hit 7 weeks could hear their heartbeat, they are most certainly a life. That is just wrong and IMO cruel to say.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Until it's viable, I don't have a problem with abortion.
If a fetus is viable, I'd rather a woman look into adoption.

Of course I'd rather work on preventing abortions unlike those in the anti-choice crowd. They want to decrease access to condoms, birth control pills, IUDs, etc.

I'm against the death penalty and pro-choice.

I've always found it interesting that there are many who are anti-abortion yet oppose universal health care and support the death penalty. How can you call yourself "pro-life" but oppose universal health care and want to kill grown adults?

So you are ok with a woman having an abortion when she is 6 months pregnant?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I don't know ANYONE who is pro-abortion.
No one LIKES abortion.

Why can't both sides come together to prevent unwanted/unplanned pregnancies?
I agree you here. Prevention would solve many abortions issues.

Quote:
There are some "pro-life" groups who have come out against insurance coverage of birth control pills. How can you claim to be against abortion yet you support policies that will in effect increase abortions?
That is dumb on their part. Prevent is the best medicine as they say.

Quote:
The whole "pro-life" movement just wants to control sex and control women. It seems many see pregnancy as a PUNISHMENT!

"You will have this baby and pay for your mistake you LOOSE woman!"
"Women are so weak and so pathetic!"
Um no but woman do have to take some responsibility. If you don't want a baby take precautions don't use abortion as birth control.

There is a time when you have to place some of the blame on woman and you have to force them to be responsible.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
It is fairly simple. Pro-choicers support a woman's right to determine what is the best decision for her, given her present circumstances. Anti-choice supporters say she has no right to determine what is best for herself, they know what's best for her.

I am no pro-lifer but I don't think it is about taking away a womans choice or about knowing what is best for here. It is about trying to get woman to understand that they have to be more responsible and not use abortion as birth control. I do admit there are some that are way to extreme and want no abortion EVER that is just unrealistic but what bothers most I think is when woman use abortion as birth control.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:46 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
I agree 110%. I am a conservative that is pro-choice but only to a point. I am against late term abortions hell I am against them after 12 weeks. If you can't make up your mind whether you want a baby or not in 3 months to bad you are having it.
my views as well. I am more pro life though, but certainly not completely. I do think there are many reasons to consider abortion, I just think too many young women take the easy way out. I do not mean to say, choosing to abort is easy, but many don't really think in terms of a baby as much as, oh damn, what do I do now? Certainly anytime after 12 weeks abortion becomes a much bigger issue..

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies