Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 08:00 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
No, not 40%. Do you have any idea what that would mean? If 40% sitting in church have had aboritons, that would mean over 50% of the public, many more have had abortions. I don't know where you are getting your figures, but that is a plain outright misinformation remark..

Nita

I corrected it earlier on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 08:02 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and most pro choices do not believe in the death penalty, explain that one!!!
Because the fetus is not a life. You arent killing anything.

BUT I do believe in death penalty.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:45 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

How do you justify killing an adult human and in the same breath think that killing a human fetus is ok?

I'm all for abortions if it endangers the mother's life or if she was raped.

There is NO need for an abortion otherwise. I don't feel sorry for you (NOT YOU specifically, you in general) one bit b/c you couldn't couldn't control yourself with a boy.

It all comes down to responsibility. You can be so responsible in your day to day life, but a boy looks at you and you loose all control? How pathetic. You're going to stand up for your "right" to an abortion yet you couldn't manage to stand up for your "right" to not get pregnant and either use birth control or keep you pants on?

Women are apparently very weak and use the easy way out when they fall for the "lurve" and the hands in their pants. But women are "strong" when it comes to getting rid of their bad choice and future responsibility? It makes NO sense. Your weakness got you into the situation but your "strength" in screaming "I am woman and it's my body and I will have an abortion!"...how convenient. And narcissistic.

The entire premise behind supporting abortion just makes women sound so damn horny, uneducated and pathetic.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:

Until it's viable, I don't have a problem with abortion.
If a fetus is viable, I'd rather a woman look into adoption.

Of course I'd rather work on preventing abortions unlike those in the anti-choice crowd. They want to decrease access to condoms, birth control pills, IUDs, etc.

I'm against the death penalty and pro-choice.

I've always found it interesting that there are many who are anti-abortion yet oppose universal health care and support the death penalty. How can you call yourself "pro-life" but oppose universal health care and want to kill grown adults?

Old 02-22-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I know pro abortionists who actually have had their kids. So whats your point
I don't know ANYONE who is pro-abortion.
No one LIKES abortion.

Why can't both sides come together to prevent unwanted/unplanned pregnancies?

There are some "pro-life" groups who have come out against insurance coverage of birth control pills. How can you claim to be against abortion yet you support policies that will in effect increase abortions?

The whole "pro-life" movement just wants to control sex and control women. It seems many see pregnancy as a PUNISHMENT!

"You will have this baby and pay for your mistake you LOOSE woman!"
"Women are so weak and so pathetic!"

Old 02-22-2010, 08:53 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Until it's viable, I don't have a problem with abortion.
If a fetus is viable, I'd rather a woman look into adoption.

Of course I'd rather work on preventing abortions unlike those in the anti-choice crowd. They want to decrease access to condoms, birth control pills, IUDs, etc.

I'm against the death penalty and pro-choice.

I've always found it interesting that there are many who are anti-abortion yet oppose universal health care and support the death penalty. How can you call yourself "pro-life" but oppose universal health care and want to kill grown adults?
The baby is always viable...as long as it's in a uterus that belongs to a woman who doesn't want to abort it.

Old 02-22-2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
The baby is always viable...as long as it's in a uterus that belongs to a woman who doesn't want to abort it.
Uhm....no....not always.

You ever heard of something called birth defects?

Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I don't know ANYONE who is pro-abortion.
No one LIKES abortion.

Why can't both sides come together to prevent unwanted/unplanned pregnancies?

There are some "pro-life" groups who have come out against insurance coverage of birth control pills. How can you claim to be against abortion yet you support policies that will in effect increase abortions?

The whole "pro-life" movement just wants to control sex and control women. It seems many see pregnancy as a PUNISHMENT!

"You will have this baby and pay for your mistake you LOOSE woman!"
"Women are so weak and so pathetic!"
Yeah I've never met anyone pro-abortion either. It strikes me as extremely ironic that the pro-choice supporters on this board are promoting education and greater access to pregnancy prevention. The pro-life supporters are screaming "murder", and blaming women for "spreading their legs".

Old 02-22-2010, 09:21 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
I am just creating this thread because I have been seeing some "pro lifers" crying about how these godless liberals have abortions and how liberals are just putting themselves into extinction. I just love it when "prolifers" post "I wish liberals would just perform late term abortions on themselves".

Whoa! Don't let your life loving "prolife" colors come out!!!

I know of TWO conservative women who had abortions and I am sure there are many many many more conservative women who have.

And no conservative EVER had an abortion, right? Only liberals.

Come on "prolifers". Admit it. Conservatives have abortions too.
1) Not every Republican is a Conservative.
2) Not every Republican is a right-to-lifer
3) Not every Democrat is pro-choice
4) Not all pro-choicers would support all types of abortion
5) Some oppose abortion being federally funded, but not necessarily for abortion being legal
6) Not all those who support pro-choice, would choose abortion
7) Not all pro-lifers would oppose abortion under certain circumstances

See... it's just not black & white

Old 02-22-2010, 09:26 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
1) Not every Republican is a Conservative.
2) Not every Republican is a right-to-lifer
3) Not every Democrat is pro-choice
4) Not all pro-choicers would support all types of abortion
5) Some oppose abortion being federally funded, but not necessarily for abortion being legal
6) Not all those who support pro-choice, would choose abortion
7) Not all pro-lifers would oppose abortion under certain circumstances

See... it's just not black & white
It is fairly simple. Pro-choicers support a woman's right to determine what is the best decision for her, given her present circumstances. Anti-choice supporters say she has no right to determine what is best for herself, they know what's best for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies