Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 02:10 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,235,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I disagree. Just so long and the guy isn't pulling the wool over his eyes then yes it can be a great shot to the ego. Before he goes there he is just another guy that isn't getting sex. He goes there and there are about 75 guys or more enjoying themselves.He gets to be part of the group and has actually fit in somewhere in the sex world other than alone by himself(even for a short time). Some guys don't even know what to do with a woman. These ladies sure know how to make a guy feel like he is the only one. They don't care if he is a Virgin at all.

I have sent three shy people down there and they all came back with smiles and had a better attitude about them self. Sure they might not ever get women here in the USA but he for sure knows he where to go to find ladies that will give him attention nor matter that it costs money up front. It all costs you somehow.
Elliot Rodger was interested in no such thing. And he is the type we have to worry about.

I really don't care that shy guys (shy does not equate to socially stunted incel) may go to a backward country and pay poor women to give them sex and attention. I care about the psychos like Rodger and this is not the solution for a guy like him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 02:31 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Elliot Rodger was interested in no such thing. And he is the type we have to worry about.

I really don't care that shy guys (shy does not equate to socially stunted incel) may go to a backward country and pay poor women to give them sex and attention. I care about the psychos like Rodger and this is not the solution for a guy like him.
Elliot Rodger was interested in no such thing. How do you know this?

To correct you: Costa Rica is nort a backwards country. The women i spoke about are not poor.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:44 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,235,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Elliot Rodger was interested in no such thing. How do you know this?

To correct you: Costa Rica is nort a backwards country. The women i spoke about are not poor.
Rodger's father advised him to visit a legal prostitute and he refused. Peter Rodger said this on the recent 20/20 interview. As a matter of fact, in Rodger's manifesto he said he did not want to have a female counselor because it felt like prostitution. He was obviously offended by the concept of paying a woman for personal services.

What you are talking about, prostitution tourism, many think is sleazy. It is common for young girls to be raised to do it, such that no, there is no shame because they have been brainwashed to think it is normal. I suspect given a choice to make decent money doing something else, they would. They think the men that visit them are dorky as much as the women the men were escaping think the same. Just like mail order brides. They are all desperate and there is always a guy to take advantage of them.

Why can't the lonely guys from the US just go to Nevada and get a real hooker?

Old 07-02-2014, 03:47 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
rodger's father advised him to visit a legal prostitute and he refused. Peter rodger said this on the recent 20/20 interview. As a matter of fact, in rodger's manifesto he said he did not want to have a female counselor because it felt like prostitution. He was obviously offended by the concept of paying a woman for personal services.

What you are talking about, prostitution tourism, many think is sleazy. It is common for young girls to be raised to do it, such that no, there is no shame because they have been brainwashed to think it is normal. I suspect given a choice to make decent money doing something else, they would. They think the men that visit them are dorky as much as the women the men were escaping think the same. Just like mail order brides. They are all desperate and there is always a guy to take advantage of them.

Why can't the lonely guys from the us just go to nevada and get a real hooker?

i have no idea.

I am not just talking about this person alone.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:09 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,885,622 times
I don't think Peter Rodger was precise in the interview as to whether he thought his son should have gone to a prostitute. He recounted it like it was merely an option he was okay with but Elliot was not. I think it shows a narrow, distorted view of men that many women and 'successful' men think involuntary celibacy is just frustration about not having sex.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:01 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,417,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
I just read the chilling transcripts from a video posted by the Santa Barbara killer. I was struck by how eerily similar his rhetoric is to some of the young guys who post here. I understand he also posted at bodybuilding.com like many of the guys that come here lamenting the fact that they can't "get a female."

Of course my post title is facetious. But I wonder if getting enmeshed in an Internet community where such ideas are supported may be perpetuating the isolation and disconnection to reality. What can we in our own lives do? If anything?

Transcript of the disturbing video 'Elliot Rodger's Retribution'*-*Los Angeles Times
For starters, mass media and pop culture can stop being so sex crazed about measuring a person's worth by the amount of girls a person can get laid with, and the amount of machismo a person exudes.

In other words, if we want to create social changes in our daily lives, start rewarding people based on their decency as individuals.

Start honoring people for kind deeds instead of their 'perceived' abilities of self-worth and entitlement based on superficial and monetary means. We need to encourage a more dignified lifestyle.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:31 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
For starters, mass media and pop culture can stop being so sex crazed about measuring a person's worth by the amount of girls a person can get laid with, and the amount of machismo a person exudes.

In other words, if we want to create social changes in our daily lives, start rewarding people based on their decency as individuals.

Start honoring people for kind deeds instead of their 'perceived' abilities of self-worth and entitlement based on superficial and monetary means. We need to encourage a more dignified lifestyle.
SO TRUE. We've allowed our media and social media to put out nothing but trash, and that's what surrounds us, and what our ears hear and our eyes see - lots of crap, instead of truly good stuff.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:38 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,236 times
It pisses me off on how life and society expects us guys to toughen it up all the damn time by telling us to "Man Up", "Be a Man", "Grow a pair, Grow some balls", etc., makes me feel like punching some guys lights out for telling me that in person, its like life is like a Marine D.I. to us guys metaphorically speaking, and it makes me want to standnup and fight the bully

Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
It pisses me off on how life and society expects us guys to toughen it up all the damn time by telling us to "Man Up", "Be a Man", "Grow a pair, Grow some balls", etc., makes me feel like punching some guys lights out for telling me that in person, its like life is like a Marine D.I. to us guys metaphorically speaking, and it makes me want to standnup and fight the bully
I agree with you there. Where'd that get started? Man up? I'd only say that to men who feel entitled, such as the Elliot Rodger guy who was angry with his mom because she wasn't wealthy which meant he couldn't enjoy the fruits of wealth, and because he wanted high fashion model dates only and got pissed off when these wanted nothing to do with his angry, rage-filled person.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:53 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I agree with you there. Where'd that get started? Man up? I'd only say that to men who feel entitled, such as the Elliot Rodger guy who was angry with his mom because she wasn't wealthy which meant he couldn't enjoy the fruits of wealth, and because he wanted high fashion model dates only and got pissed off when these wanted nothing to do with his angry, rage-filled person.
Ya its just i also hate how being needy and clingy, desperate makes guys look weak and pathetic, it sucks because us guys have feelings and emotions too, we aren't robots, we want companionship too, its hard to not be desperate if you are going through a long dry spell or inexperienced
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology