Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 10:58 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
For starters, mass media and pop culture can stop being so sex crazed about measuring a person's worth by the amount of girls a person can get laid with, and the amount of machismo a person exudes.

In other words, if we want to create social changes in our daily lives, start rewarding people based on their decency as individuals.

Start honoring people for kind deeds instead of their 'perceived' abilities of self-worth and entitlement based on superficial and monetary means. We need to encourage a more dignified lifestyle.
Yes! Honor these people by rewarding them with sex! We can all do our part by choosing our future sexual partners with this criteria in mind. But no fatties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 11:01 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Ya its just i also hate how being needy and clingy, desperate makes guys look weak and pathetic, it sucks because us guys have feelings and emotions too, we aren't robots, we want companionship too, its hard to not be desperate if you are going through a long dry spell or inexperienced
That's why God invented beer and guys' night out. Save yer vulnerable moments for the lads after a few brewskis. "I love you man!"

Save your confident moments for the ladies, (and for work too I guess). Show her you're worth having.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:51 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Ya its just i also hate how being needy and clingy, desperate makes guys look weak and pathetic, it sucks because us guys have feelings and emotions too, we aren't robots, we want companionship too, its hard to not be desperate if you are going through a long dry spell or inexperienced
Well, don't go by American culture, since over here there's more than the average amount of superficiality. Hollywood sets our insane standards too much, and men and women are expected to look and behave like superheroes or something.

Companionship is the whole idea behind dating, and there's nothing as awesome as an affectionate man!!!!

Nerves are a different story from affection though. When seeing someone or even hooking up - it's so much nicer to be calmer. I guess what I mean is not appear overtly nervous?

I don't want to come across here like some Dr. Ruth the Sex Therapist, but for anyone who finds it difficult to contain him or herself on a date from the excitement of potential sex, I'm reminded of the movie, Gone With The Wind in which Mammy told Scarlett to eat at home before going out to the party, so she didn't make a complete hog of herself in front of the menfolk by eating huge amounts of food.

I'd apply that to a date, I think. Maybe it's not an altogether bad idea for anyone in that situation (nervous over the possibility of sex, etc.) to watch a little erotic stuff and release all that pent-up tension before going out with someone of the opposite gender. That way it's easier to be calm.

Just sayin'!

That rock band Mogwai, btw, it really does have a Scottish music sound to it!

Old 07-03-2014, 12:40 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Ya its just i also hate how being needy and clingy, desperate makes guys look weak and pathetic
Acting needy and clingy makes anyone look pathetic, as well as annoying.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:08 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Gibson's Pants View Post
DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER DISCLAIMER: The following will be generalizations and I don't want to hear the anecdotes that are the exception.

Lie #1: That women want an agreeable, emotionally open, sensitive guy who's not afraid to cry.
Lie #2: That women want to be treated as equals in a relationship. They mostly don't. They want a man to be a leader. Not a tyrant, mind you, but a leader.
Lie #3: That women are fundamentally good at heart, moreso than men, not capable of malignant behavior.
Lie #4: Now that women are self-sufficient and in the workplace, they want different things in a man. This is false..
This is cr@p. But...whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Gibson's Pants;
What you linked there is, hands down, the best "game" site out there...Chateau Heartiste.
If it didn't work, men wouldn't be seeking it out. Again, in short, they seek this stuff out because it works.
It only works with some women, not with the majority of women. Women don't all react the same way. Individual psychologies vary tremendously. Sites like that, and PUA classes, cater to men who lack a lot of confidence. The fact that that stuff exists is only testament to the fact that a fool and his money are easily parted. Where there's money to be made, someone will step in to fill the need and make a buck.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:16 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,884,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Acting needy and clingy makes anyone look pathetic, as well as annoying.
It's not as bad when women do it. Men get hell for it.

Anyway, I've been thinking about Elliot Rodger's controversial preference for blondes. As I've said before, it seems like he liked small, cute blondes, not necessarily knockouts.People want to jump to harsh conclusions about those they already dislike (including incels in general being Shallow Hals). Also, if he'd been white instead of part-white, would people be making a big deal about it? There's widespread disdain toward non-white guys who like white women. In my opinion, if he'd been white, he would have found more support online and regardless probably would have had enough success with women that he wouldn't have gone psycho.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post

Anyway, I've been thinking about Elliot Rodger's controversial preference for blondes. As I've said before, it seems like he liked small, cute blondes, not necessarily knockouts.People want to jump to harsh conclusions about those they already dislike (including incels in general being Shallow Hals). Also, if he'd been white instead of part-white, would people be making a big deal about it? There's widespread disdain toward non-white guys who like white women. In my opinion, if he'd been white, he would have found more support online and regardless probably would have had enough success with women that he wouldn't have gone psycho.
It's horrible when a woman is clingy and behaves helpless. Who wants that except maybe a man who has no self-esteem and wants to compensate by playacting being some superhero straight out of some comic book?

Old 07-03-2014, 01:23 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:

Who knew he wasn't white? It was an extreme fixation, his thing for blondes, that's enough to be controversial and of concern. The rest is irrelevant.

Who says clinginess isn't as bad when women do it? Apparently you haven't seen all the threads disparaging clinginess in women on the Relationships forum.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:30 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:

He didn't go psycho from lack of success with women. He was MENTALLY ILL. How many times do you need to be told this?

Old 07-03-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
He didn't go psycho from lack of success with women. He was MENTALLY ILL. How many times do you need to be told this?
But here's the thing - was he really mentally ill, or did he have issues?

The difference is not knowing right from wrong.

For example, people who are bipolar, or have other problems could be completely out of touch with reality and not know the difference between right and wrong, but generally that's not the case. Generally these people have issues, but not so intense that they do not know the difference between right and wrong. They might be unhappy, might find it harder to control themselves, might find life far more frustrating than most would, and might be depressed, but if they know the difference between right and wrong, if they know that killing is wrong, and if they know that hurting others is wrong, they are responsible for their actions. Finding life harder because of issues is no justification for killing, and that's the way the law views it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology