Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2016, 03:25 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,773,537 times

Advertisements

I have to admit that it would annoy me to have somebody ask if I've got my phone and wallet. Of course I've got my wallet. Who would leave without it?

As to the phone, I sometimes intentionally choose not to lug it along. I may want to unplug or I may be going somewhere where it could be stolen. If I intend to make or receive calls or have some other need for it then I'll make that decision on a case by case basis but it's hardly required equipment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2016, 03:40 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,440,498 times
I do it at times because I am absent minded. I'll just forget to shut a door or to push it all the way in. I'm too busy thinking about what I'm going to do next. I never worried about it though.

One thing I am careful about though is where the cat's concerned. If there is an open door anywhere that holds something she could get into that would harm her, that drawer or door will definitely be closed.

Old 09-11-2016, 04:12 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,008,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliedeee View Post
With all due respect you seem to making a big issue out of reminding someone to take their keys or phone. Why is that such an issue for you personally?

I'm really curious as to why you why you feel that way. Have you suffered disappointments in relationships before?
I said repeatedly "to each his own"

As for me, I am a responsible adult and function fine when alone so why would I need
a spouse to "remind" me about daily things like that...
I didn't even do that for my kids by the time they were in high school.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:09 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,347,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I said repeatedly "to each his own"

As for me, I am a responsible adult and function fine when alone so why would I need
a spouse to "remind" me about daily things like that...
I didn't even do that for my kids by the time they were in high school.
Aw.

I think it's sweet.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I do it at times because I am absent minded. I'll just forget to shut a door or to push it all the way in. I'm too busy thinking about what I'm going to do next. I never worried about it though.
I occasionally leave drawers open on purpose. For example, if working on a project in the shop that may require multiple wrenches and extensions, I'll leave that drawer open while I'm doing wrench related work.

Or if I'm emptying the dishwasher, I may leave the silverware and utensil drawers open while I'm putting things away.

But once I'm finished with the task at hand, then of course I'll close the drawers. I can't imagine simply wandering off and expecting someone else to come close them for me.

Old 09-11-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I'll close the drawers. I can't imagine simply wandering off and expecting someone else to come close them for me.
Who said anyone expected that?

Old 09-11-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Who said anyone expected that?
If the person who opens them doesn't close them, who will?

It's like they say, clean socks and undies don't hop into the drawer by themselves, and doors and drawers don't close themselves either.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:54 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,670,639 times
Quote:
I have to admit that it would annoy me to have somebody ask if I've got my phone and wallet. Of course I've got my wallet. Who would leave without it?

As to the phone, I sometimes intentionally choose not to lug it along. I may want to unplug or I may be going somewhere where it could be stolen. If I intend to make or receive calls or have some other need for it then I'll make that decision on a case by case basis but it's hardly required equipment.
Who would leave without their wallet? My husband! And his phone and he WANTS and needs to have both of those things with him when he goes out. He can't function on his job without people having access to him via his cell phone. If he could drive away without his car keys, he would probably do that, too. lol

You aren't the type of person who would need someone to even mention those things. Neither am I. So yes, that would be annoying.

Old 09-11-2016, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Well, as in the case of my side of the bathroom or closet, no one. Or me, when the cleaning ladies are coming (to streamline things for them).

Old 09-11-2016, 07:09 PM

29,742 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Since I live alone, nobody. Or, sometimes me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology