Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2018, 06:20 PM

387 posts, read 358,751 times

Advertisements

Yes. Because women mature faster than men and hit their peak earlier. This means they have the advantage early on in life but men do later in life. And many women resent men for this biological reality, and blame it on sexism and society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 09:34 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
This thread got me thinking..is a 60 yr old man too old for a 35 year old woman?

The guy is older than my parents.

He keeps saying age dont matter,but his kids are my age.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:09 PM

1,047 posts, read 726,949 times
My Dad dated a woman in front of me who was only a few years older than me and it made me sick (I was 14 and she must have been 18) and I have no respect for him. But that is only one fault of his. He has a ton.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:52 PM

7,649 posts, read 4,603,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
This thread got me thinking..is a 60 yr old man too old for a 35 year old woman?

The guy is older than my parents.

He keeps saying age dont matter,but his kids are my age.
Of course it matters. During his decline years, you'll still be able to care for him. Do you want your 40's-50's doing that or would you rather be off exploring things with a partner to witness it with you? Someone you can experience things with?

Caretaking is a very tough job. Of course, we would all like to be cared for by someone who loves us. Later, who's going to take care of you?

I love my mother, but I'd be bored silly working at her pace on the things she thinks are important. I don't care if she was Sofia Loren.

I like to daydream about growing old together with my wife. We slow down together. We build a lifetime together. We can travel and have that quiet comfort of what we can/can't do.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:12 PM

1,154 posts, read 1,426,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
How did you know it was out of pure jealousy? (Not being confrontational, just wanting to know)
In this day and time, I highly doubt anyone, ESP a 40-something woman truly gives a hoot who you date. I think your perception is off. We (women) really don't care WHO you date or their AGE.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:28 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,062,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooksmom View Post
In this day and time, I highly doubt anyone, ESP a 40-something woman truly gives a hoot who you date. I think your perception is off. We (women) really don't care WHO you date or their AGE.
Yes, I know I don’t spend much time on it. I guess it must make the OP feel like a real stud or great catch or something, believing women are salivating over him.

Old 01-29-2018, 03:48 PM

714 posts, read 748,023 times
It's basically the opposite of freshman year in high school, when girls age 14-15 are dating 18 year old guys.

As a freshman male, I was a bit jealous and hated the girls for doing it while assuming the guys were all horrible.

Now that I'm older, I realize I still had no interest in 14 year old children, even as a senior in HS... but I see it as the opposite of older women getting jealous over men their age dating younger.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:50 AM

2,690 posts, read 1,614,360 times
Women are not so much jealous but angry at the male mind that prioritizes sexuality always. The value placed in a relationship with a woman is too often based on sexuality alone, everything else about companionship comes second. Often it is a predatory relationship, he has more money, more manipulative techniques. It isn't always this way, but it is the underlying current of these relationships with a large age span. Just look at Trump and Melania, perfect example. He went for looks, age, and fertility, she went for money and power. They don't look very happy to me, all these years later, I think they have been married 13 years. There are also a fair amount of women that have a "daddy complex" and want the father figure because they find that appealing, and then there is the widely held belief that women mature emotionally much faster than their male peers, making a relationship with a peer less desirable and a relationship with an older maturer male desirable. Lots of factors playing into why this happens, and each case needs to be assessed individually.
Number one priority is sex for males, always.

Old 03-05-2018, 09:05 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,119,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
I think some guys want very much for us to be jealous.

When I was 52 I dated a guy who was 57. The small age difference really isn’t relevant, but I broke up with him for several reasons; among them was that he was pushing me to get married. I told him I never intended to marry again and that, while I liked him, I didn’t love him.

His response? He said, “no, you love me.” We went back and forth several times with this. He kept insisting that I loved him as though I had no idea how I felt. Just too weird.

This thread is a bit like that. There are many women saying that, no, they aren’t jealous and don’t think most women would be, but many of the guys on here are saying, yeah, they’re jealous, they’re jealous. Weird.
Didn't love him? then why were you dating him in the first place?

Old 03-05-2018, 09:15 PM

818 posts, read 456,744 times
Ahhh, don't take any notice of what women say with this stuff.
They'll turn round and tell ya guys like younger women because they can manipulate them and garbage like this , meanwhile they all go chasing younger guys for their bodies.

For a 1000 years they've b@tched about guys with younger women but as usual just like with anything else , they're just as bad if not worse. Good old double standards alive and well.

Grain of salt buddy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology