Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2019, 02:15 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie1213 View Post
Same thing happened to me Alaska. Made my husband go to neighbors house and get some buckets of water so I could flush. I didn't care how embarrassing having to do that I wasn't to leave a unflushed toilet. For what it's worth I was very pregnant and not feeling so well.
Good for you - I can't imagine leaving it because the water was shut off (I've not had that situation) but I would do anything possible to flush!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2019, 03:10 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,771,138 times
An agent can inform their prospective buyer not to use the toilet, when someone needs to use a bathroom somewhere.

This person will see they all leave immediately, find a restroom, and will not make an offer no matter how much they like the home.

Yes people will open cabinets, doors, flush the toilets, run water in the sink etc., and really inspect the home, especially a home they are seriously considering buying. They are checking to see if there are any problems, and visualizing their use of the home.

The idea that some sellers expect you to inspect nothing, as it is the inspectors job to find problems. This owner, etc., thinks that they should just make an offer and wait for the inspector to find the problems. In other words they expect any buyer to pay hundreds of dollars for an inspection to find out there are problems they could have spotted and probably would never have made an offer. With serious buyers, this is not going to happen.

It is like you are selling a 10 year old car. The owner lets you look at it, but not allow you to sit in the seat to find out how you fit in the car. Won't let you start the motor. Will never allow a test drive.

Spending from 1972, I was a commission salesperson. I can tell you, if when in the furniture business, if I had not people sit in chairs, etc, I would never had made a dime. If you are an auto dealer or salesperson, you know if you do not them test drive the cars, it is impossible to sell them a car when they have to leave and go somewhere to find a toilet, or cannot open the hood of a car they are considering buying they are gone, and the house/car whatever may never sell.

Old 01-19-2019, 09:55 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,747,546 times
The OP is ridiculous.
You are inviting people into your house hoping they will buy it. People have to pee, etc.
Part of the deal.
I’d far rather have someone use my bathroom and thus be able to take their time to look at my home than to have to rush out to find a gas station.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:45 PM

7,456 posts, read 4,690,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I suspect they didn't flush; otherwise, you wouldn't have known.

Yes, they will test flush. Or they should.

As long as they don't leave a floater, I see no problem with it.
They flushed first to test. Then urinated.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:39 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,656,400 times
The entitlement so many people have regarding using someone else's home for your private business is astounding to me.

How about doing a little planning and don't subject other people to your germs and waste materials?

Old 01-20-2019, 03:53 PM

43,301 posts, read 77,142,685 times
I had a flatulent senior citizen break wind in a house I was showing her.

Made her collect it in a garbage bag. Not as easy as it sounds. Well, anyway, she made it look hard.
But, you gotta have some standards, right?

Old 01-20-2019, 04:00 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,795,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
I had a flatulent senior citizen break wind in a house I was showing her.

Made her collect it in a garbage bag. Not as easy as it sounds. Well, anyway, she made it look hard.
But, you gotta have some standards, right?
You gave me a needed laugh today! Why some think everyone can "plan" when they have to go is astounding to me.

Old 01-20-2019, 04:01 PM

14,489 posts, read 12,128,212 times
^ Is in a cheeky mood today.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:14 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,513,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
The entitlement so many people have regarding using someone else's home for your private business is astounding to me.

How about doing a little planning and don't subject other people to your germs and waste materials?
When you put the house on the market, it is no longer your home.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:18 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,284,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
^ Is in a cheeky mood today.
I see what you did there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate