Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2021, 09:18 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,642,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
One important consideration on these terms is that some of them like “fixer” are common terms that people (investors and flippers) might be searching for. There is benefit in everybody using the same words for things - that does not mean they are necessarily a cliché in the derogatory sense :-)

I've never seen the options to search by keywords on any real estate site I've used (although there should be).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2021, 10:18 AM

1,185 posts, read 1,504,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
I've never seen the options to search by keywords on any real estate site I've used (although there should be).
Zillow has one. It works pretty well.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:07 AM

14,319 posts, read 11,714,153 times
Quote:
Walking distance discriminates against those who can't walk.

Mother-in-law discriminates against non-traditional families.
And "Granny flat" is both sexist and ageist!

Old 09-08-2021, 11:10 AM

14,496 posts, read 12,128,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post

We can in our MLS.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:11 AM

14,496 posts, read 12,128,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
And "Granny flat" is both sexist and ageist!
Yeah - that's probably right out.

"Dog House" too probably.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:23 AM

6,484 posts, read 10,360,322 times
Quote:
"Dog House" too probably.
The dogs prefer "canine dwelling" instead.

Old 09-08-2021, 11:29 AM

43,309 posts, read 77,154,614 times
Absolute besting listing Remarks I have ever seen:

Remarks
WANTED: 1 Tractor Trailer Load of Treated Lumber, 1 Table Saw, 1 Radial Saw, 1 Circular Saw, 1 Skill Saw, 1 Cordless Drill, 1
Framing Square, 1 Level, 2 Hammers, 1 Air Compressor, 2 Framing Nailers, and Someone that Knows how to use them! You got the Tools
BUT Do you have the Talent? If you DO NOT KNOW what all the Aforementioned Tools are then You DO NOT have ANY Business Here!!

Remarks
LOOKS LIKE A DUCK, QUACKS LIKE A DUCK? This house looks like a Duplex but Quacks like a Single Family Home. This
property is as Confused as a Jackalope! Sweet Investment Potential! Take a Look at the Photos. The Water Heater is Still there, that is
Always a GOOD SIGN! Nice Corner Lot. Two Front Doors, Two Living Rooms OR a Living Room and Family Room, YOU DECIDE!

Remarks
TAKE THIS ONE TO A LENDER....and get LAUGHED Out of the Office!!! COLD HARD CASH Buys this House. Just Count the
Ben Franklins until the Seller Says STOP! GREAT FLOOR PLAN & the Squatters Thought So Too! Don't mind the 5-Gallon Bucket Toilette!
This Home is NOT FAR FROM RENTAL INCOME. Nicest Kitchen Cabinets in the Neighborhood, Hopefully they are Here When you Close.

Remarks
A Diamond in the Rough! Perfect for a Renovator, Investor or Owner Occupant with that Urban Revitalization Itch. LARGE Room
Sizes and a SUPPER FRONT PORCH! GREAT LOCATION NEAR LYONS PARK. This Neighborhood is Up and Coming. GREAT
POTENTIAL!!! Looks like Electrical and Plumbing Have Been Taken. Don't Mind the Creek it Goes Under the House. Make an Offer!

Remarks
ROTTED.... Band Joist, Sill Joist, Floor Joist, Siding, Damaged Shingles, Damaged Trim Board, Broken Windows, Improper
Flashing and the Termites had an ALL Night Party Too! Enough to Make ANY First Year Home Inspector PASS OUT!! Just Bring the
Smelling Salts and Your Checkbook. This GEM is Laid Out Flat on The Bottom Money! Forget the Home Inspection, BRING THE
WRECKING BALL!

Remarks
A PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS....and these Pictures Equal Thousands in Repairs!! It Looks like the 2012
Copper Theft Classic was Just Held Here & a New Winner was Crowned. The Glass is Alwyas Half FULL, Look at all the Fresh Lumber in
the Ceiling Joists, Roof Rafters and Roof Sheathing. CORNER LOT, Carport, Covered Porch & Storage Area. You need CASH to Close on
This One!

Bonus Pointerooos for the listing I saw that stated: "Buyer will pay all fines."

Old 09-08-2021, 12:14 PM

204 posts, read 128,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdev View Post
We know that real estate agents love to talk things up. What are the most cliché descriptors and bad representations that you can't stand seeing?

Recently, it seems every listing has:

"highly sought after"
"mid-century modern" when describing anything with wood paneling
"shiplap" when describing anything with wood paneling
"new roof" 10 years ago
"recently renovated" 15 years ago
"beautiful new wood floor" stick down vinyl
"beautiful new tile" stick down vinyl
"luxury vinyl plank" slightly less cheap stick down vinyl
"bids due by" a moving date that gets updated every few days
I had to laugh at some of these. My all time favorite, which I've seen a couple of times this year, "best and highest bids due by (a specific date and time)." Oooh, one more, "This house will be gone by this weekend" Three months later... the house is still on the market and for the same price.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:51 PM

Quote:

Wow. I never noticed that. Great feature.

Old 09-08-2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:

I just used that feature to learn that there are currently 6 houses on the market here in New Jersey where Mrs. Clean lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate