Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:53 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times

Advertisements

Seriously? You have seriously whined about women for 6 months now? Harping on and on about a group of people, half the population of the country is just so inane, I can't believe I'm wasting a minute to comment on it.

I don't think there is one thing on Earth a Man could complain about for 6 straight months. I think even if I was being tortured by the Viet Cong, I'd either think up a Super plan to escape, or just accept my lot in life.

There is an entire board of topics here, instead you decide to spend your time hating women for no good reason, and telling everybody nobody likes you.

You are right, I don't like you. I don't think I KNOW ANYBODY that WOULD tolerate you. Maybe learn to talk about something positive once in awhile, your life might change.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Seriously? You have seriously whined about women for 6 months now? Harping on and on about a group of people, half the population of the country is just so inane, I can't believe I'm wasting a minute to comment on it.

I don't think there is one thing on Earth a Man could complain about for 6 straight months. I think even if I was being tortured by the Viet Cong, I'd either think up a Super plan to escape, or just accept my lot in life.

There is an entire board of topics here, instead you decide to spend your time hating women for no good reason, and telling everybody nobody likes you.

You are right, I don't like you. I don't think I KNOW ANYBODY that WOULD tolerate you. Maybe learn to talk about something positive once in awhile, your life might change.
Your personal attacks/insults violate the rules here, my "whining" doesn't.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:59 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Your personal attacks/insults violate the rules here, my "whining" doesn't.

Please point out the personal attack there, mister oh so smart lawyer. If anything, your comment should be deleted, as it's just a straw argument.

You cannot for the life of you explain you have made 2000 posts about hating women. If you can, I think the entire board would LOVE to hear it.

Also, you "troll" this board constantly. You know that term?

Old 06-15-2010, 09:00 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Explain biological differences that make it easier for one sex or the other to get/spread HPV/Herpes given both are skin to skin and both male and females have skin.

I think it has something to do with your average female being far more sexually active than your average male, as a small pool of guys get most of the sex. Not all, but most.

Are you trying to suggest something makes minorities inherently susceptible to STDs more than non minorities are, or might it have to do with behavior, which is why women have higher STD infection rates than men do?

Women desire men that other women desire. Those guys get most of the sex, making them more likely to get STDs, making it more likely for YOU to get an STD if you have sex with him.

it's quite simple. That you deny it shows something wrong with you, not me.

Women are also biologically more vulnerable to STDs than are men. Women are more susceptible to STDs during sexual intercourse because the vaginal surface is larger and more vulnerable to sexual secretions than the primarily skin-covered penis. Also, the volume of potentially infected male ejaculate deposited in a woman’s vagina during intercourse is larger than the potentially infected cervical and vaginal secretions to which men are exposed. source FHI

All the following statistics quoted are from The Kinsey Institute. Indiana University Bloomington

- Males 30-44 report an average of 6-8 female sexual partners in their lifetime (Mosher, Chandra, & Jones, 2005).

- Females 30-44 report an average of 4 male sexual partners in their lifetime (Mosher, Chandra, & Jones, 2005).[/SIZE]

- Percent of men and women, aged 15-44 reporting any sexually-transmitted infection, other than HIV

Males

3.2% of ages 15-19
7.1% of ages 20-24
4.8% of ages 25-29
9.3% of ages 30-34
9.0% of ages 35-44

Females
10.5% of ages 15-19
13.4% of ages 20-24
16.5% of ages 25-29
18.6% of ages 30-34
19.2% of ages 35-44
(Mosher, Chandra, & Jones, 2005)

The Center for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that 19 million new sexually-transmitted infections occur each year, almost half of them among young people ages 15 to 24 (Weinstock, Berman , Cates, 2004).

The main reason for the higher numbers of STI infections in women is due to screening.

- More than 80% of women and 65 to 85% of men report that they had no partners other than their spouse while they were married (Laumann, Gagnon, Michael, Michaels, 1994).
- 94% of married men and women had only one sex partner (their spouse) in the past 12 months, 4% had 2-4 partners, and 1% had over 5 partners (Laumann, Gagnon, Michael, Michaels, 1994).

Your biases are based on your warped notions, not on any real tangible evidence or statistics. It's easy to look at people around you and believe the whole world is the same, but that is simply not true. Just because you may have heard of women sleeping with married men does not make it true, nor does it mean most women will do it.

Last edited by Djuna; 06-15-2010 at 09:15 AM..

Old 06-15-2010, 09:10 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
To the OP:

So this other woman who sleeps with married guys, is she alone enough to put you off never attempting to date any woman again in your life? How can she be so powerful? What if she alone kept you from having a loving and fulfilled life?

I hope she's not your dealbreaker for the rest of your life. That would be pretty pathetic.

I can't believe that you buy into these negative notions so strongly. As an attorney (if that's what you are indeed), you're supposed to be impartial - you're supposed to look at both sides of a situation.

You have given up before you even got started. I've felt this way for a period of time in my own life - but it DIDN'T define my whole life or my whole way of looking at things.

If I let the notion that another guy I knew slept around with married women dissuade me from dating other men, I think I would be one lonely woman today - and bitter, too.

Last edited by cricket_factor; 06-15-2010 at 09:35 AM.. Reason: Additional thoughts.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:22 AM

380 posts, read 691,827 times
I think so. Honestly, it's difficult being friends with someone that sleeps with married men because if you're married yourself, you'll never trust that individual around your mate, merely because you know that person's propensity and weakness in that area.

Unfortunately, most people feel there's a "shortage of men", so out of desperation, low self esteem and lack of moraility, they would rather have a "piece" of a man than no man at all. It's sad because many married men PREY on the loneliness of women, however, those of us that are spiritually strong have to PRAY for our loved ones that have fallen into such a slump. No one is perfect, and we've all made dumb decisions in relationships, so we must stand in the gap for those that are weak.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:23 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Explain biological differences that make it easier for one sex or the other to get/spread HPV/Herpes given both are skin to skin and both male and females have skin.
Quote:

I think it has something to do with your average female being far more sexually active than your average male, as a small pool of guys get most of the sex. Not all, but most.

Are you trying to suggest something makes minorities inherently susceptible to STDs more than non minorities are, or might it have to do with behavior, which is why women have higher STD infection rates than men do?

Women desire men that other women desire. Those guys get most of the sex, making them more likely to get STDs, making it more likely for YOU to get an STD if you have sex with him.

it's quite simple. That you deny it shows something wrong with you, not me.
Do a little reading. It has to do with surface area and physical attributes of our secondary sex organs.
No, Im not suggesting minorities are inherently susceptible, but statistically, as are women and people 15-24, they have higher rates of STDs. Behavior may not only include the number of sexual partners, but also use of protection and many other variables.

Given your limited real experiences with relationships and sex Im not surprised you might come to such erroneous conclusions. Given that you say you are an attorney, I would think you would have a better understanding of statistical analyses than to draw the conclusion that because women have a higher (than men) incidence of STDs="Women desire men that other women desire" therefore, "a small pool of guys get most of the sex. Not all, but most". There is absolutely no proven or remote believable correlation between cause and effect.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:33 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Quote:

LOL!

You've got to be kidding me. This has got to be some sort of a joke.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Your biases are based on your warped notions, not on any real tangible evidence or statistics. It's easy to look at people around you and believe the whole world is the same, but that is simply not true. Just because you may have heard of women sleeping with married men does not make it true, nor does it mean most women will do it.
Amen. If I quoted the Caribbean statistics, betamanlet would be totally trashed in his reckoning.

Betamanlet, I'm not surprised you got your JD degree because, Lord only knows, I've lived long enough to have come across a huge number of idiots who managed to pass the bar. Not that this is either a negative reflection on you or a personal attack. I'm sure you're a mainstream competent researcher who can find his way through the voluminous files to provide those way above you in the hierarchy with what they need to bolster their case in actual proceedings.

What DOES surprise me, though, is your apparent inability to research other areas pertaining to your personal life and the problems you've apparently had for such a long time.

I'm getting way up there in years and when I was young the internet and the resources available just weren't around so one muddled through life's vagaries and learned lessons in a different way. There is just SO much information available these days but there are posters such as you who just come on to whine and whine and pay absolutely NO attention to sage advice who, frankly, totally tick me off.

It's one thing to sift the wheat from the chaff where advice is concerned but when you aren't able to do that but just back-chat and challenge everyone who responds to you, what's the point of your creating a thread in the first place?

You're getting to be like our local CD fool TVSG, the perpetual Grasshopper, whose threads and posts are becoming more and more boring in their sameness and lack of forward movement.

There are so many real people on these forums who need real help and who appreciate input from others. Suggest you start looking for some professional help - seriously - as I think you've pretty much worn out advice here. And there are many who would LOVE to hear that you've started to make some progress!

Old 06-15-2010, 09:42 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Women are also biologically more vulnerable to STDs than are men. Women are more susceptible to STDs during sexual intercourse because the vaginal surface is larger and more vulnerable to sexual secretions than the primarily skin-covered penis. Also, the volume of potentially infected male ejaculate deposited in a woman’s vagina during intercourse is larger than the potentially infected cervical and vaginal secretions to which men are exposed. source FHI
I agree on all counts and -for the benefit of betamanlet- just to add that in general the receptive partner (man or woman) is always at much higher risk than their partner, but the insertive partner can also get infected with much higher risk for anal insertions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.