Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 04:33 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Say no more!
Upper class twit?

Old 06-14-2010, 04:41 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Upper class twit?
Or the Argument Clinic.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Or the Argument Clinic.
YES! Good one!

Betamanlet, you might want to listen to the Python song, "Sit On My Face and Tell Me That You Love Me" as an overture to viewing the skits. Come along child, you have a law degree so you must be at least in your mid to late twenties, you live in a city and surely can't be as sociologically inept as you portray yourself to be on this CD forum. A rhetorical question perhaps.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:05 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
How common is this, or some equivalent lack of morals in men? I know lots of women that i grew up with, same high school, that have at some point, been involved with married guys. I know more women who have done this than have not. It can't be some giant coincidence, right? That I just happen to know a lot of females lacking morals? The lastest one is my best friend's sister... is this just something you're going to have to accept with someone these days, that they've done some horrible things?
What I'm wondering, betamanlet, is how do you know so much about so many people's private lives?

Last edited by Redisca; 06-14-2010 at 05:35 PM..

Old 06-14-2010, 05:08 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
I am of the belief that the moment a man is married or seriously involved, he becomes ''persona non grata''. None of my friends messed around with other people's men. Even those casually dating were off-limits to some of them . Does that make you feel a bit better ?
Just the opposite. A married or seriously involved man is seen as a challenge by a woman, not to mention that he already has a "seal of approval" by already having a significant other. I've known a large number of women who were almost exclusively interested in married men.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:13 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Just the opposite. A married or seriously involved man is seen as a challenge by a woman, not to mention that he already has a "seal of approval" by already having a significant other. I've known a large number of women who were almost exclusively interested in married men.
Nonsense. A married or seriously involved man is seen as unavailable for serious involvement -- that's all. It's a challenge to some, a turnoff to most. As for that "seal of approval" thing, it makes no sense whatsoever. If some women are interested in married men, it's most likely because the relationship will be almost entirely sexual, and the man will not place significant demands on the woman's time.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:18 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Single women confided this? Were you turned down by single women looking for married men or married and the ultimate single womens challenge?

Quote:

Old 06-14-2010, 05:26 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
Actually it's pretty small..

Ever cheated
Ever had sex with a married person
ever had sex in exchange for something of value
Current drug use.
You know betamanlet, I get the feeling that you're bringing this up b/c you finally found someone of low enough moral status that you can feel superior to them. The problem is that it's not really enough to give you self esteem that you have to put yourself above someone else. Can you not just feel good about who you are without making comparisons? There are always going to be people in the world who've made mistakes or are doing something they shouldn't--if you don't want someone like that in your life, don't invite them in. Was your friend's sister someone you wanted to date?

Old 06-14-2010, 05:29 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
I don't know any women who choose to date married men purely because they are married. There are obviously women who do this but I don't believe this is normal everyday behaviour.

For betamanlet to state "I know lots of women that i grew up with, same high school, that have at some point, been involved with married guys. I know more women who have done this than have not. It can't be some giant coincidence, right? That I just happen to know a lot of females lacking morals?" clearly shows a complete exaggeration and yet another attempt to denigrate women.

I find it sad and pathetic that there are so many men on this forum who show such contempt and at times pure malevolence towards women in general.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
What I'm wondering, betamanlet, is how do you know so much about so many people's private lives? Given your overt hostility to women, I would find it hard to believe girls freely share that kind of stuff with you. Or are you just one of those insufferable neighborhood busybodies who know everything about everybody, have their fingers in all pies, stick their noses in everyone's business and spread vicious rumors?
Oh, come on, he grew up believing in the Tooth Fairy and has some problems dealing with being an adult and thinking for himself even though he managed to attain an advanced college degree and ended up a hump lawyer. VA isn't too far from PA and he and TVSG would make a perfect pair because at least they have two common problems. (1) lack of dating material for a whole bunch of reasons ranging from demands about physical make-up and moral turpitude and (2) inborn misogyny. If only he would take the advice of so many to seek professional help his life would indubitably be a lot less complicated but, like TVSG, he seems to prefer to wallow in his misery and angst and share it all on CD.

Quote:
And most married men don't stray even given the temptation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Nonsense. A married or seriously involved man is seen as unavailable for serious involvement -- that's all. It's a challenge to some, a turnoff to most. As for that "seal of approval" thing, it makes no sense whatsoever. If some women are interested in married men, it's most likely because the relationship will be almost entirely sexual, and the man will not place significant demands on the woman's time.
Back in the long ago day we didn't worry about AIDS or herpes. All we had to worry about was pregnancy and an occasional UTI. As far as the former was concerned we were on the pill and as far as the latter was concerned a quick course of antibiotics cleared up that little problem. But, like today, we didn't seek out married men to have affairs with and I don't understand the preoccupation of the younger generation in addressing this as an issue.

But then when saying that I have to consider the person who started the thread...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.