Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:29 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,238,797 times

Advertisements

How common is this, or some equivalent lack of morals in men? I know lots of women that i grew up with, same high school, that have at some point, been involved with married guys. I know more women who have done this than have not. It can't be some giant coincidence, right? That I just happen to know a lot of females lacking morals? The lastest one is my best friend's sister... is this just something you're going to have to accept with someone these days, that they've done some horrible things?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:35 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
How common is this, or some equivalent lack of morals in men? I know lots of women that i grew up with, same high school, that have at some point, been involved with married guys. I know more women who have done this than have not. It can't be some giant coincidence, right? That I just happen to know a lot of females lacking morals? The lastest one is my best friend's sister... is this just something you're going to have to accept with someone these days, that they've done some horrible things?
Men and women cheat in about equal numbers - this is news to you?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:35 AM

956 posts, read 1,767,025 times
I am of the belief that the moment a man is married or seriously involved, he becomes ''persona non grata''. None of my friends messed around with other people's men. Even those casually dating were off-limits to some of them . Does that make you feel a bit better ?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:37 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
YOU don't have to accept it or condone it. I don't. However, cheating and promiscuity are nothing new and have been around as long as humans, despite moral codes and social norms. There are still plenty of people who can and do act ethically, so seek them out and avoid the rest as best you can.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:39 AM

29,742 posts, read 34,372,211 times
Quote:
Aren't the cheating married men lacking in morals as well? While the women are not guiltless, they're not the ones who took vows to forsake all others.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gudra View Post
I am of the belief that the moment a man is married or seriously involved, he becomes ''persona non grata''. None of my friends messed around with other people's men. Even those casually dating were off-limits to some of them . Does that make you feel a bit better ?
So why is it that I know so many that do? I don't know of any guy who does this, maybe they just don't have the opportunity?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
YOU don't have to accept it or condone it. I don't. However, cheating and promiscuity are nothing new and have been around as long as humans, despite moral codes and social norms. There are still plenty of people who can and do act ethically, so seek them out and avoid the rest as best you can.
How would you know? Example with my friend's sister, I never in a million years would have though she would have been the type to do this, and I only knew of it because my friend told me..

Old 06-14-2010, 09:41 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,002,157 times
Quote:
So why is it that I know so many that do? I don't know of any guy who does this, maybe they just don't have the opportunity?
Like they say, a person is known by the company they keep. Maybe you better take inventory.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Like they say, a person is known by the company they keep. Maybe you better take inventory.
So I should be judged by how my best friend's sisters live their lives? The only guys I even knew who cheated did it before they got married, and it wasn't with married women.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Aren't the cheating married men lacking in morals as well? While the women are not guiltless, they're not the ones who took vows to forsake all others.
yeah, but why are these guys so popular with women? There's all these single guys out there, yet she only can manage to find married guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships