Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 10:12 AM

5,412 posts, read 4,242,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
My very best friend has done this. I still speak to her, close friends are hard to come by. It was hard for me to judge her since most of her previous relationships were with abusive jerks. Then she meets this guy who is good-looking and caring, even paid some of her bills until his wife discovered that last fact. He swore to leave his wife, so she waited for a few months. Then he told her he couldn't leave his son and he wouldn't get divorced until the son went to college.

After that she broke it off with him, it was very hard for her, I had only seen her cry one other time. I am no fan of women who do this, but she was my friend and I felt for her.

On the other hand I know women who run after married guys like it is a game. Hard to feel sorry for them. In one instance the wife found out and beat the other woman up. Hopefully she left her husband alone.
One thing to have a person like that as a friend, but would you date someone who shows such poor judgment?

Old 06-14-2010, 10:18 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,179,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
...would you date someone who shows such poor judgment?
I dunno...how good is she in bed?

Old 06-14-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
"These days"??? Remove cranium from rectum, and arise and sniff the aroma of the java. Nothing new, nothing remarkable. Happens all the time.
So I have to just be find with it, and expect that any woman I date/marry has been with married guys?

Old 06-14-2010, 10:22 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,628,860 times
I also realize that this has been going on as long as human beings have existed but I've also known several women who were given this reputation by the wagging tongues of their so called friends and some who weren't friends and the stories were greatly exaggerated to say the least. Gossip can take on a life of it's own and snowball into something that gets out of control. I doubt that these women have confided with the person who wrote the OP and admitted their wrongdoings so this is almost certainly second hand information. Some of the stories are probably true but I don't believe everything I hear without some sort of persuasive evidence.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:23 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
So I have to just be find with it, and expect that any woman I date/marry has been with married guys?

Worry about one thing at a time - first you have to find a woman to date

Old 06-14-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Worry about one thing at a time - first you have to find a woman to date
Honestly, I wouldn't want to date someone who lacks morals. But if that eliminates most women, then I have a problem.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:30 AM

Doesn't it only show not only poor morals (yes, and on the married guy too) but lack of intelligence on the woman's part? I mean, what are you thinking if a guy is cheating to be with you, you think he's going to be faithful or something to you?

So poor morals and lack of intelligence aren't very appealing to me.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:30 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn't want to date someone who lacks morals. But if that eliminates most women, then I have a problem.
Get a hold of yourself. It's no more most women than it is most men.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
So I have to just be fine with it, and expect that any woman I date/marry has been with married guys?
"Any woman"? Certainly not. Most women don't. But it's far from being rare or uncommon.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I mean, what are you thinking if a guy is cheating to be with you, you think he's going to be faithful or something to you?
Well, here's another news flash for you: not everyone places a high emphasis upon faithfulness in some dating relationships. Sometimes simply having a good time is what people want...nothing more, nothing less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships