Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:46 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
So why is it that I know so many that do? I don't know of any guy who does this, maybe they just don't have the opportunity?
Quote:
So I should be judged by how my best friend's sisters live their lives? The only guys I even knew who cheated did it before they got married, and it wasn't with married women.
Ok, it's all women. Only women do such a horrible thing. And if a man did do it, it would only be because a woman made him. Is this what you want to hear?

Old 06-14-2010, 09:47 AM

1,863 posts, read 4,300,518 times
My very best friend has done this. I still speak to her, close friends are hard to come by. It was hard for me to judge her since most of her previous relationships were with abusive jerks. Then she meets this guy who is good-looking and caring, even paid some of her bills until his wife discovered that last fact. He swore to leave his wife, so she waited for a few months. Then he told her he couldn't leave his son and he wouldn't get divorced until the son went to college.

After that she broke it off with him, it was very hard for her, I had only seen her cry one other time. I am no fan of women who do this, but she was my friend and I felt for her.

On the other hand I know women who run after married guys like it is a game. Hard to feel sorry for them. In one instance the wife found out and beat the other woman up. Hopefully she left her husband alone.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:48 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,179,490 times
Quote:
is this just something you're going to have to accept with someone these days, that they've done some horrible things?
"These days"??? Remove cranium from rectum, and arise and sniff the aroma of the java. Nothing new, nothing remarkable. Happens all the time.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:53 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
"These days"??? Remove cranium from rectum, and arise and sniff the aroma of the java. Nothing new, nothing remarkable. Happens all the time.
Agreed Looks to me like our little beta was just looking to sensationalize something as old as dirt.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:55 AM

5,024 posts, read 8,897,652 times
My friend had a married man as a boyfriend and it was a useless relationship. It was all for sex. And none of us really wanted anything to do with her and her boyfriend, since he was married. On the other hand, he couldn't be seen in public with all of us because he WAS married.

So what. They got together, had sex, gave each other presents. He was ruining the relationship with his wife. My friend was committing adultery. No one wanted to be seen publicly with them. A passionate but useless relationship in the long scheme of things. But it didn't seem to bother her at all.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,409,851 times
Quote:
yeah, but why are these guys so popular with women? There's all these single guys out there, yet she only can manage to find married guys?
The women may be jerks, or they may just be idiots. Lots of married men take their rings off, tell women that their marriage is practically over, that the wife is a bitter shrew who doesn't love him any more, basically weaving a sad woe is me story that too many women fall for.

Old 06-14-2010, 09:59 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,179,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
A passionate but useless relationship in the long scheme of things. But it didn't seem to bother her at all.
It clearly filled a need or scratched an itch for the two of them.

One of the great things about relationships between consenting adults in a free society is that THE ADULTS -- not outsiders -- get to decide the terms of their relationship and what they give and get from it. When I was single I had a few relationships with married women who sought extra-curriculum activities. Do I regret it? Not at all. Was it fun? You bet it was.

Can I hear an "Amen!" for freedom? Can I hear a loud "boo" for the religious police?

Last edited by professorsenator; 06-14-2010 at 10:07 AM..

Old 06-14-2010, 10:03 AM

956 posts, read 1,768,067 times
And here I was thinking butter wouldn't melt with the ol' little professor

Old 06-14-2010, 10:09 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,679,521 times
I'd never date a married man, but I'm quite sure I've slept with a few.

Old 06-14-2010, 10:10 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,716,107 times
Quote:
So why is it that I know so many that do? I don't know of any guy who does this, maybe they just don't have the opportunity?
You answered your own question.

Quote:
How would you know? Example with my friend's sister, I never in a million years would have though she would have been the type to do this, and I only knew of it because my friend told me..
The reason you believe you don't know any men who do this is because you simply haven't been told about it. The only reason you know about your friend's sister is because your friend told you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships