Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Master/Slave relationships are ok?
Yes 42 47.73%
No 46 52.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 07:41 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times

Advertisements

OMG, I love it!

YouTube - Weird Parents Commercial

Old 07-15-2010, 07:42 AM

396 posts, read 732,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
That will never happen because I have a great dislike for yogurt.Godiva chocolates eaten while sitting in my Master's lap while he is studying is where it is at.
Wait, you get chocolate?

Oh man, I have seriously go to do some renegotiating.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:44 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Same here. Maid outfit with yogurt? Nah, that doesn't sound too exciting, either. Now fresh fruit, there's something you can play with.

I see the maid outfits in the shop windows around the city so they must be popular. I thought it was the gay guys who liked them.
I managed a costume shop years back...maid costume was one of the top sellers.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:50 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I am a good writer. Heck, I made one career with it. So it amazes me that people do not see the words that are written.
You are a great writer!! I absolutely love your posts NYAnnie.

Quote:
I NEVER gloss over the sexual element but you'd find MY sex life rather boring - aside from the fact that we are extremely active at our old age. He doesn't humiliate me; although I humiliate others - but I don't have sex with them. Oh heck, they may get off on it, but I don't. Some people find wearing a dog collar highly sexual. I find it...boring - kids do it all the time and want attention for it no less!

Quote:
So long as each follows their own stated needs/wants/limits, and their kink is not foisted upon the vanilla community any more than you put your sex-life out on display (you see, that would be non-consensual)

Where did the term vanilla come from? I hate vanilla.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
It fits this discussion. What the couple is doing is not about their relationship - it is about PLAY time.
My completely vanilla mother-in-law and step-father-in-law have been married about 25 years. First time I ever met them, they were coming through town on their way south (typical snowbirds). So they bring in their overnight bags and are settling in, and apparently forgot something in the car. MIL says to SFIL, "go back out and get the _______." SFIL stands up, begins moving to the door sort of hunched over, dragging one foot behind him a la Igor... "yesssss massstteeerrrr...."

When one of them does something extra special for the other, the recipient will say something like, "Hmmm...I think I'll keep you for another week... and tomorrow you can spend 4 hours out of your cage."

Now my kinkdar is about as finely tuned as my gaydar, so I'm rather confident these two aren't in any sort of definable D/s relationship... they are, however, still very much in love... and these little things are expressions of that. Play. Their relationship doesn't HAVE an authority transfer dynamic, there's no negotiated power exchange... neither of them is "the master" and I am certain neither sleeps in a cage. So it's not an aspect of the relationship, it's just play. Something they do, an action, to express the loving relationship dynamic in a way that makes them both smile.

I want to be them when I grow up, actually.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Of course my relationship sounds 50ish - I believe that Ozzie and Harriet and The Cleavers were from that era. In fact, someone might even be able to find a reference to those TV shows in my posts. So what's the surprise?
I've decided I'd rather be compared to Gomez and Morticia from now on. I thought they were the coolest couple ever growing up. LOL

Old 07-15-2010, 07:58 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
You are a great writer!! I absolutely love your posts NYAnnie.

So do I. Does everyone have to be categorized as one thing or the other? Can't some of us be Neopolitan, or if we feel a certain way on a certain day, Butter Pecan?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:00 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
I've decided I'd rather be compared to Gomez and Morticia from now on. I thought they were the coolest couple ever growing up. LOL
Hahahaha, me too. As a matter of fact, as I grow older my goal is to be the really tall (already have that down) old lady dressed in black who lives with her cats and scares the neighborhood children.

I think I've gotten an idea for a personal ad: "Morticia seeking her Gomez. Must have crashing train set."

Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
I'm not sure who actually coined the term or why, but I suspect the reasoning behind it is that "vanilla" is considered to be the base flavor in something like ice cream, and you build on that. So a basic... "normal" (meaning mainstream approved) relationship is vanilla. Add a little whipped cream and a few crunchy bits and you're well on your way towards Rocky Road. LOL

I think using it to denote the difference between kink and not-kink has become more of a habit than anything. I don't actually find "vanilla" to be particularly accurate, as I believe each and every relationship has its own unique and special flavor created by those in it. But it is the term most widely understood, so it gets used the most.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think I've gotten an idea for a personal ad: "Morticia seeking her Gomez. Must have crashing train set."
You forgot "brother who can double as a lamp during blackouts required."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships