Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 06:04 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I don't really do online dating anymore. I have had quite a few bad experiences with it and find the women on there to just be way too picky in general. [b] I figure that I have a much better shot if I have a chance to show them my personality as opposed to them just looking at my pictures and stats.
I wish some of our more average guys understood this principle. You're right on--personality is key.

As soon as water starts drying up in the West, Vegas will be toast. Get out while you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 06:06 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
First thing you have to do is admit you are a horrible judge of character..To get a BRUTAL rejection you must have been dealing with the wrong person....next time find someone that is NOT a brute.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
First thing you have to do is admit you are a horrible judge of character..To get a BRUTAL rejection you must have been dealing with the wrong person....next time find someone that is NOT a brute.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:50 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,232 times
Default Confidence?

I think that if something this simple has taken away your confidence then you didn't really have it in the first place!

Old 07-02-2012, 07:52 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
I have been into weight training ever since soccer injuries ended that career late in High School, so I train in that field first and foremost because I truly enjoy the sport. However, I would be lying if I said that my attraction to other female lifters doesn't "push" me a little more. Also, my attraction isn't EXCLUSIVELY geared toward bodybuilders or even powerlifters. Rather, it's towards women who are also into lifting like I am. I just am not attracted to those who do just cardio, or who are afraid to lift heavy poundage.
I'm trying to understand this but I really don't get it. Maybe this is a bad analogy, but this would be like me saying I like to read, and I want to meet a guy who also likes to read, but it can only be guys who love reading James Patterson novels as much as I do.

I simply don't understand the restriction you put on this, to the point where you know of almost no woman who is into lifting, and may likely never find one. So it's not about health or fitness but strictly lifting. I've never known a woman in my life who is into lifting, and only some who are even into fitness and regular exercise. What is the attraction to a woman who does the exact same thing you do? And what happens if you find that needle in the haystack, a woman into lifting like you, and she has the personality of that b*tch who was rude to you when you merely spoke to her?

Would you be okay with a woman who wasn't into fitness at all? Do you realize how self-limiting your preference is? You say in a more recent post that women are too picky online and focus on your outer appearance. Are you willing to get to know a woman who doesn't fit the physical image of what you're searching for?

Old 07-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,171,522 times
the first thing you can do to get over it is to stop being such a p***y

seriously, who cares what one person says. shrug and move on dude!

Old 07-02-2012, 08:13 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Would you be okay with a woman who wasn't into fitness at all? Do you realize how self-limiting your preference is? You say in a more recent post that women are too picky online and focus on your outer appearance. Are you willing to get to know a woman who doesn't fit the physical image of what you're searching for?

You don't make much sense to me. Why on earth would someone that has made fitness a main priority in their life, want to look for someone that had no interest in it? I'd never ever date a guy that had no interest in fitness. "Self-limiting"? Damn right it is. Over a third of the population is obese...and I don't have any interest in dating them either.

You need a dose of reality.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:20 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Just because someone isn't interested in fitness doesn't mean they're obese. There are plenty of people who are attractive and in good shape without going to the gym. The OP said he had a variety of interests, some of which he'd neglected to factor into his search. We're not one-dimensional beings, we're multi-faceted. It wouldn't hurt the OP to check out some of the other facets.

Old 07-02-2012, 08:49 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,212,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
the first thing you can do to get over it is to stop being such a p***y

seriously, who cares what one person says. shrug and move on dude!
How ironic, so I guess he should ignore your comment then?

Old 07-02-2012, 08:58 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,896,145 times
She's a witch. Count this as a bad meeting arranged by Satan himself. Her response was rude, vicious, and mean for no reason. Even if she wasn't interested there was a better way to reveal that information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships