Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:13 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Actually if i think about it again its not that bad. Just one womans opinion on what she finds attracive. The one about all of the women getting together and bagging on the 5 foot 9 short guy is worse
I'm a good motivational speaker. I'm really good at it. All you short guys, what that ^. Matt is 5' 6" and 170-175 of pure muscle. Do you see he throws those other men around like a rag doll? Make your day. Watch it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,902,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I want to know why you let a stranger disrespect you to your face and you said nothing back to her????????
there isn't much he could've done. if he had said anything rude to her, she could very easily have complained to management saying "i was just minding my own business when this guy decides to hit on me, and when i rejected him he got mad and started cursing". i doubt they would've given a crap about his feelings having gotten hurt by her rejection. at a bar/club one word to the bouncer and he and his posse are out on the street.

it's just the nature of the beast, i guess. men have to put themselves out there and be vulnerable to meet women.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Because it's a normal reaction to be rude to someone who is being rude to you.
In your world, apparently it is. Not for most people, though.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:26 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,280,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women wear sexy workout outfits for a reason. They want to get men's attention. Even in the more low-key gyms, they're a great place to socialize. The gym tends to turn up over and over on these threads on people's lists of recommended places to meet people.

Yes, and those women aren't taken seriously at all by women who actually train. I believe they are called Gym Bunnies?

OP, I hate that the woman was rude to you. I really am trying to understand the comments on her size. I don't think that the fact that she powerlifts have anything to do with it, and there were a lot of ignorant comments in this thread.

What would the reaction be if he saw her on the Stairmaster instead of the weightroom?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Old 06-24-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Yes, and those women aren't taken seriously at all by women who actually train. I believe they are called Gym Bunnies?
They're not there to make friends with other women. They're there to socialize with the men. The point was that the gym is a good place for singles to mingle. Strange that there's resistance to that concept on this thread. The OP clearly goes to the gym in part for the fringe benefits of possibly meeting someone.

or maybe not, anymore, ha.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:39 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post

OP, I hate that the woman was rude to you. I really am trying to understand the comments on her size. I don't think that the fact that she powerlifts have anything to do with it, and there were a lot of ignorant comments in this thread.

What would the reaction be if he saw her on the Stairmaster instead of the weightroom?

A woman on the Stairmaster wouldn't have struck so low below the belt. Yes, I believe the powerlifting had something to do with it. Real women aren't as brassy.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:43 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,902,282 times
Quote:
The point was that the gym is a good place for singles to mingle.
it actually isn't. gyms used to be much more social in the past, but over the years gyms have become places that people go in to just tune out, focus on their workouts and then leave. i've been hitting the gym regularly now, at least 3 - 4 times a week, for 12+ yrs and in that entire time i can recall barely 1 or 2 instances where i ever saw a guy even try to pick up a chic.

most women show up a few minutes before class and leave almost as quickly when it's over; those on the cardio machines have their headphones on (and even if they didn't, would you really want to carry on a convo with someone in the middle of intense cardio? i'd imagine that would be just plain rude). weight lifting areas are usually separate from the cardio/class areas, and these are overwhelmingly used by men. the few women i see there are often working out with their boyfriends anyway.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:52 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,280,531 times
Quote:
They're not there to make friends with other women. They're there to socialize with the men. The point was that the gym is a good place for singles to mingle. Strange that there's resistance to that concept on this thread. The OP clearly goes to the gym in part for the fringe benefits of possibly meeting someone.

or maybe not, anymore, ha.

Not where I go. The women in full makeup and sexy outfits are normally in a group socializing with each other. I really haven't seen the gym become a meat market. Men ogle, but they don't approach. Kinda like the real world.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
it actually isn't. gyms used to be much more social in the past, but over the years gyms have become places that people go in to just tune out, focus on their workouts and then leave. i've been hitting the gym regularly now, at least 3 - 4 times a week, for 12+ yrs and in that entire time i can recall barely 1 or 2 instances where i ever saw a guy even try to pick up a chic.

most women show up a few minutes before class and leave almost as quickly when it's over; those on the cardio machines have their headphones on (and even if they didn't, would you really want to carry on a convo with someone in the middle of intense cardio? i'd imagine that would be just plain rude). weight lifting areas are usually separate from the cardio/class areas, and these are overwhelmingly used by men. the few women i see there are often working out with their boyfriends anyway.
This is interesting. I can see how headphone use would change things. But all the gyms I've been in (in several cities/states since the early 90's), there is usually an equal number of women and men in the weight room, and the atmosphere is friendly, especially in the YMCA gyms and the virtually free public gyms. In the pricey more exclusive ones is where the women wear expensive outfits designed to attract attention, but the atmosphere is isn't so informal, and people tend to keep to themselves more, unless there's a juice bar where people gather.

Old 06-24-2012, 07:44 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,469,322 times
Quote:
They're not there to make friends with other women. They're there to socialize with the men.
people go to the gym to workout. Interrupting a workout is rude. Workouts end when you leave the building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships