Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 01:44 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,805,729 times

Advertisements

I can't help but to think that the woman is going to get the man she totally deserves. Or none at all. Or maybe she's not attracted to men at all and she just said that to sink you but you're not going to let it, are you? You got way too much going for you to believe some cow that's carb deprived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 02:15 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,949,691 times
The more I think about this, it reminds me of a recent encounter with a large burly woman. She was a tad taller than I am. When I looked at her and her size, I was sort of emasculated. She was struggling trying to get a knife open with the thumb stud she was looking at. She struggled for quite a bit at it. She spotted me and said she was having trouble getting it open because she didn't have the strength that I may have. She asked me if I could for her. I popped it right out in a fraction of a second. The point being there is no replacement for testosterone. Looks can be deceiving and I was wrong to assume she had a pair bigger than mine in her purse just because of her size.

So my advice to the OP is that he should have just grabbed the heaviest thing you could find. Even better if it's what she was using and tossed it like a pillow. Somewhat immature? Yes, maybe it is. It would have shown her that YOU are the man here. Don't forget!

Old 06-24-2012, 02:37 PM

613 posts, read 1,055,168 times
"I just maxed 325 on the bench 2 weeks ago" lol best quote on here. Lol dude ur killing me

Old 06-24-2012, 02:47 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post
As someone who is heavily into weight training and bodybuilding, I have an interest in strong women and those who are also heavy lifters. Unfortunately, it's hard to meet women like that outside of the gym (and maybe contests, though based on my experience they tend to stay within their own groups, plus, talking to someone when they are heavily carb and water-depleted is not a good idea at all.) This forum gave me great advice on how to approach someone at the gym.

Yesterday night, I noticed this absolutely jacked woman in the powerlifting area doing perfectly executed deadlifts and squats. Now, I don't go to a gym that produces a ton of powerlifters and bodybuilders, especially female ones, so that was quite the awesome sight. Since she was so focused on her lifting, I didn't want to interrupt her at all (even during the breaks between sets) until she was done. I went on with my workout, and when she was done and cooling down, I approached her, and asked her if she competed. She said yes, and I then said that her routine was extremely impressive and that it's awesome to see women who are dedicated to lifting heavy. I then asked her about her routine, specifically, as to how effective doing deadlifts and squats on the same workout are (I don't do them on the same day.) She responded by saying:

"Look, I am not interested in talking training with anyone, and even if I was, you are way to small for me to even consider your company. My ex was a 230 lb powerlifter, and even that was in the small-end of guys that I am attracted to. Try gaining some size before talking to female lifters next time."

What...the...hell? Ok, I know I am not the biggest guy in the weight room, but I am decently big and strong for my size (5'6", 173 lbs and just performed a max bench of 325 two weeks ago.) I actually felt proud of the gains I was making, but damn, that freaking hurt. Not just from the rejection itself, but if my accomplishments aren't really accomplishments at all. I know I'll probably never break that 200 lb mark, but damnit I train extremely hard, and I don't "use" anything except protein.

Ugh, sorry, I know I shouldn't taken that personally, but that hurt a lot.

I want to know why you let a stranger disrespect you to your face and you said nothing back to her????????

Old 06-24-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I want to know why you let a stranger disrespect you to your face and you said nothing back to her????????
Yes and how would you have handled it TV?

Old 06-24-2012, 02:51 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yes and how would you have handled it TV?

By being verbally abusive

Old 06-24-2012, 02:53 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Just what the world needs, another class act.
" 'An eye for an eye' leaves the whole world blind." ---Ghandi

Old 06-24-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
To a woman who can pump 325? Besides, why lower yourself to her level?

Old 06-24-2012, 02:55 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just what the world needs, another class act.
" 'An eye for an eye' leaves the whole world blind." ---Ghandi
Most women lie in public when they are not attracted to a man not tell him to his face...."I;m not interested"

So yes, any man would qualified to verbally abuse her if they were in that situation

Old 06-24-2012, 02:56 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
To a woman who can pump 325? Besides, why lower yourself to her level?
Because it's a normal reaction to be rude to someone who is being rude to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships