Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:56 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatsby1925 View Post

"Look, I am not interested in talking training with anyone, and even if I was, you are way to small for me to even consider your company. My ex was a 230 lb powerlifter, and even that was in the small-end of guys that I am attracted to. Try gaining some size before talking to female lifters next time."

I'm sorry...what kind of an ahole talks to someone like this?

Seriously?

Please don't take someone else's lack of manners as a personal affront, dude.

I am sorry this happened to you, but it's no reflection on you. She's NUTS and you're better off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2012, 09:16 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Ugh, sorry, I know I shouldn't taken that personally, but that hurt a lot.
Seriously? That chick is a b*tch. Why on earth let such a person's ugliness even touch you? I would never in a million years say such a thing to a guy...nor would any of the gals I know at the gym. Fahgetabout it.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:39 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,275,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
wow. but if it makes you feel better, i once had a girl tell me (in front of her friend) at a lounge, "we need you to leave so other guys can talk to us".
OMG!

How rude!

Old 06-26-2012, 11:35 PM

2,905 posts, read 7,351,828 times
Don't make her REQUIREMENT your new GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been making your own gains, you know where you are and where you want to be so do what you have to do to get there.

This woman is crazy, rude, arrogant, all the things you DON'T want in a partner, so at least she got it all out in one or two sentences so you didn't waste a bunch of time with her. I could say something worse about her, but it's not even worth the time.

Be proud of yourself and your accomplishments and move on.

I can see what you are talking about, with where else would you find that type of woman besides the gym. You are probably right on that one. Why don't you ask the people that work at the gym if they know anyone?

Old 06-26-2012, 11:41 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,481,895 times
Quote:

Ugh, sorry, I know I shouldn't taken that personally, but that hurt a lot.
I would have just said, "Whatever, Dude...!"

[but I'm not in to super muscular women so that might be a biased answer ]

Old 06-27-2012, 07:11 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,786,642 times
Sorry about the rudeness. You need to work on your confidence level if it shatters that easily though. I'm sure you work hard, why let a total stranger devalue you?

Also not directed to the OP but as far as the people saying gyms are good ways to meet people I have to say I agree and disagree. I've met many people there because you will see the same people depending on the time you are there so casual chit chat happens. I train in cycles and when I am at the end of my cycle people will compliment me on my visible gains and hard work. That's very nice for people to notice and I'm happy for the compliments but there is a fine line between complimenting someone and hitting on them. And it is bad gym etiquette to interupt someone's workout but it happens and it shouldn't be an excuse to be a total jerk to someone.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:28 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,923,196 times
To the OP: My guess is that she put the problem on you rather than her. Her problem?. She wants a taller guy. No training routines for that. But she didn't want to say that, cause that makes her look bad.

Old 06-27-2012, 07:50 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Is it really a rejection when you weren't specifically asking her out? She was rude as heck, but she couldn't turn you down for something you didn't ask for. You dodged a bullet.
Agreed. Be glad she didn't want anything to do with you, as her personality is terrible.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:45 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
I told my trainer this morning about this.
He just shook his head and said that a lot of muscleheads (men and women) are totally elitist and think everyone else in the world is just wasting their time and why should they spend any time talking to you, lowly person?

Which again reinforces my belief that woman is looney toons.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:08 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,715,840 times
"why are you so picky? I'm not."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships