Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 07:38 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,661,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
And he can't be very bright; he knows he'll lose his job if caught, and no one in the lime light or high powered positions can keep this stuff secret.
Bill Clinton was more powerful than him.

I think it's also been discovered during this investigation that General John Allen, Secretary of Defense may be having an affair with the woman Petraeas mistress Broadwell sent the threatening emails to. Her name is Jill Kelley. lol It's all too much.

Gen. Allen hasn't resigned though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 07:41 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,977,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Gen. Allen hasn't resigned though.
Presidents Kennedy and Johnson didn't, either.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Presidents Kennedy and Johnson didn't, either.
Maybe Petraeus is truly remorseful.

We'll see if Petraeus completely throws the mistress under the bus like Clinton did.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:59 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
Maybe Petraeus is truly remorseful.

We'll see if Petraeus completely throws the mistress under the bus like Clinton did.

They're always really remorseful after getting caught but never a moment before. How convenient.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
They're always really remorseful after getting caught but never a moment before. How convenient.
I imagine the remorseful ones think to themselves during the affair "Man, I know this is terribly terribly wrong, but I just can't stop myself." Maybe like a drug addiction. The ones who aren't remorseful just think they're entitled to cheat for one reason or another, and blame everyone else but themselves before, during and after.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:13 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It sounds like you just happen to meet a lot of cheaters. I am pretty sure most of the women on CD have not cheated with you.

And obviously, you are open to it. Since you said yes when they said they were taken. Perhaps you are the one with the problem.......having relationships with other peoples spouses/girlfriends etc. You are no better than the cheaters.
THIS, exactly!

Anyone who KNOWINGLY hooks up with someone that they know is in a relationship is just as bad as the cheater themselves. Once I find out a man is in a relationship of any kind he immediately becomes off limits to me. Period. No exceptions.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:15 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,736,964 times
Quote:
I imagine the remorseful ones think to themselves during the affair "Man, I know this is terribly terribly wrong, but I just can't stop myself." Maybe like a drug addiction. The ones who aren't remorseful just think they're entitled to cheat for one reason or another, and blame everyone else but themselves before, during and after.

well you know this is where you and I split hairs I guess.

I would not be trying to figure out which of those two men I had because I would be gone.

Also, those two men are the same to me. I would never give a man brownie points for thinking 'this is terribly wrong' while screwing some other woman and then continues to do so behind my back.

Women (not you in particular) but in general are very stupid where these things are concerned. A man would rarely if ever take her back for something like this. He would be calling her a wh*re and everything else on his way out the door. Yet, a woman will sit around pondering the remorse level in the situation. Fu*k that.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:24 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Your usual 60 year old guy is no prize either. All those damn medals definitely helped.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well you know this is where you and I split hairs I guess.

I would not be trying to figure out which of those two men I had because I would be gone.

Also, those two men are the same to me. I would never give a man brownie points for thinking 'this is terribly wrong' while screwing some other woman and then continues to do so behind my back.

Oh I wouldn't give him brownie points. I'd be tempted to feel sorry for the remorseful one but the thing that would bother me and cause me to leave is that he clearly doesn't want me anymore, so what's the point of staying? Like the OP said the guys even echo this about Petraeaus wife.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:37 PM

692 posts, read 1,005,180 times
Quote:
The thing that would bother me and cause me to leave is that he clearly doesn't want me anymore, so what's the point of staying?
I suspect it's all she knows. For the past 38 years she's been Mrs. Stand By Your Man Four Star General. I suspect she's no stranger to to infidelity considering she came from a military family and grew up around West Point. I'm not blaming her, but like women who stay married to athletes and celebrities who cheat. It's stay and be Mrs. Kobe Bryant or leave with a little chunk of change and let the next chick take center stage and you become a footnote. The mainstream news has been very careful not to point out the age/looks discrepancy. Frankly if they did divorce and he married someone 25 years younger even if she wasn't that cute, no one would really bat an eye. They'd suck their teeth, but he'd still be a general and wife #1 would be that woman he used to be married to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships