Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 01:41 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityMan View Post
Wearing better clothes (that fit), eating healthier and exercising regularly (and not just meathead stuff) will help a bit. However, if you don't give off a confident and positive vibe, along with having a sense of humor...better clothes, gym and food won't do you much good. Be sure that you're genuinely happy with your decisions for attempted self-improvement; don't just start wearing Brooks Brothers and Kenneth Cole for the hell of it. Everyone has his or her own style and preferences.

With that said...at the end of the day, a woman's either going to be attracted to you, or she's not. Period. Clothes/confidence/humor will only improve your percentages a little bit. For the average guy - only about 0.1% - 1% of women will potentially be attracted to him.

BEST RESPONSE I HAVE SEEN!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2012, 01:45 PM

50,379 posts, read 64,007,408 times
Straight teeth
Good haircuts
trimmed nails

Old 12-23-2012, 02:45 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,348 times
Move to a different country where you're less likely to be judged based on physical appearance.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:56 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Move to a different country where you're less likely to be judged based on physical appearance.
What country would that be? How much luck have you had with that?

Old 12-23-2012, 03:17 PM

22,343 posts, read 29,445,455 times
OP-Hit the gym, make your wardrobe more current, educate yourself (as in take classes in different things to make you more "worldly" like cooking, bob villa classes (lol)) be nice, respectful and kind, be metrosexual as in getting eyebrows waxed, mani/pedi's, go tanning..You get the idea..GL

Old 12-23-2012, 04:46 PM

868 posts, read 1,122,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What country would that be? How much luck have you had with that?
I am from the United Kingdom (Northern Ireland specifically). Trust me when I say the superficial nonsense that is so important to so many tens or hundreds of millions of Americans isn't as important where I come from. Some of the responses in this thread prove that. They tell the OP to get surgery, straighten teeth, but don't address the real problem, which is that people are simply too geared towards judging someone based solely on physical appearance. There's even a thread in the fashion forum where some bird asks if it's better to pursue plastic surgery rather than a university degree. Sad sad sad,

Old 12-23-2012, 05:45 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,274,548 times
Quote:
I am from the United Kingdom (Northern Ireland specifically). Trust me when I say the superficial nonsense that is so important to so many tens or hundreds of millions of Americans isn't as important where I come from. Some of the responses in this thread prove that. They tell the OP to get surgery, straighten teeth, but don't address the real problem, which is that people are simply too geared towards judging someone based solely on physical appearance. There's even a thread in the fashion forum where some bird asks if it's better to pursue plastic surgery rather than a university degree. Sad sad sad,
Are they though?

There is a stream of thought which says a sloppy exterior is indicative of a sloppy personality.

Lack of grooming suggests a lack of care both for the society around you, and for yourself.

Case in point - your average street person. I bet you wouldn't date someone who dressed like a hobo and let all their teeth fall out.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,018,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
1. work out
2. get a stylist and wear nice clothes - remember, clothes maketh the man
3. get a good hairdresser
4. improve your grooming generally, zero/trimmed facial and pubic hair, wear fabulous aftershave
5. be spotlessly clean...including your car and surroundings
6. work out
7. get your teeth whitened/straightened
8. get manicures (yeah, there's a reason why that word has MAN in it - nice hands are as sexys as a nice butt to some women)
9. work out
10. be interested in her not yourself
11. be a gentleman at all times even if no ones looking
12. be nice to your mother
13. work out
14. dance like no one's looking
15. laugh like no ones listening
16. love like there's no tomorrow
17 work out.
Op your teeth are vital..and so Is.your skin condition....it doesn't matter if u get a nice body if your ugly. All u will do is scare women off. teeth and skin are your most important things to fix. Stuff like a nice body and nice clothes are only icing on the cake. As long as your not a fat hobo looking bum...then worry about the details less.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 AM

2,631 posts, read 7,018,477 times
Quote:
Lmao true

Old 12-27-2012, 11:19 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,325,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBeamDreams View Post
there must be a way to make some improvements and be more more desirable. (apart from surgery)

nothing wrong with wanting to improve and make an effort.

go to the gym?
eat better food?
expensive clothes?

what would help?

post some ideas
Win the lottery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships