Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 PM

210 posts, read 394,732 times

Advertisements

Money can't buy real friends, good health, a faithful spouse, good children, the list goes on and on and on....

Rich people are usually more stressed because there is always someone who is a greedy thief (usually family) who wants to take what is theirs. I speak from experience.

Oh and only in capitalistic shallow America do people actually believe money is all there is to living a happy life or that millionaires are the happiest. Check out the bio of Rupert Murdoch.. He attracted a golddigging wife like most milionaires attract the most shallow people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKidMaadCity View Post
I can't believe some people actually say this. I must be living on a different planet.

No rich person would ever say this. I imagine it must be the poor folk who tell themselves this. Rich people are living it up, going on holidays, riding horses, living in nice neighborhoods, buying bentleys, buying mansions,.... how can anyone be unhappy with filthy amounts of money? Rich people are less stressed and more cheerful than poor people. This isn't even a debate.

For me I choose money over everything. It'd definitely buy me happiness. Nothing is more important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 12:04 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,802,613 times
Maybe not, but being poor royally sucks ass.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:53 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
I don't suppose you see the irony in your statements? You had no problem treating your ex-husband as an ATM even though you were no longer with him.
I am going to assume you “quoted” this as a “mistake” because you make no sense…

1. I was married for ten years….

2. I worked for a living…however there is this thing called “Child support” That states that the non custodial parent pays a certain amount for the upbringing of a child that at least it is in the state Of Ca. which is based on
1. The amount of time that the NON CUSTODIAL PARENT PAYS FOR SEEING THEIR CHILD
2. Is based on INCOME…not to exceed a certain amount especially if their ex is employed..
3. This was warranted based on the erratic schedule my ex had…I.E..being in the military ( reserves) employed as a OR tech and not being ableto care for our son
AND
The fact that he did not want FULL God-Damn custody of our son and we settled OUT OF COURT in a thing called MEDIATI0N because he did not want this thing called RESPONSIBILITY of our SON 24/7-7 DAYS A WEEK…

4. That for the last 2 years? He has cleared over 95,000.00 a year and has to pay back taxes YET..WAIT FOR IT…
I have never attempted to MODIFY SUPPORT BECAUSE I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN MONEY BUT MORE FOCUSED ON WHAT WAS BESTFOR OUR SON….

5. Your USER name states “ALIMONY” AT THE END which tellsmeyou’re a bitter bastard and to HOLD very little regard and what you posted..

But let us discuss “Alimony” a bit…
First of all I am an ex military wife..married for 10 years..making me eligible for half of his pension…
AND…..more than the 86.00 he agreed to pay me for half the time we were married…
I have friends in the DA’S office and the County clerks office..I agreed wholeheartedly…yet after the judgement my friend came to me and stated “You know you can get more alimony right? Half of his pension?” I stated “I know, but the sooner I get this sob out of my life the better”
So you SIR ARE SORRILY MISTAKEN!

Do NOT BLAME EVERY WOMAN for the woman who obviously pissed in your bowl of cheerios…

Last but not least?
What I was pertaining to? Was a man who I shared NO children with, not that this is even any of your business however I made painfully clear in my post..
And who had a crappy job and expected me to keep giving him money after we were broken up.. So yes..I FAIL TO SEE THE IRONY…
Step away from the keyboard..

Old 02-23-2013, 07:30 AM

599 posts, read 953,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
I am going to assume you “quoted” this as a “mistake” because you make no sense…

1. I was married for ten years….

2. I worked for a living…however there is this thing called “Child support” That states that the non custodial parent pays a certain amount for the upbringing of a child that at least it is in the state Of Ca. which is based on
1. The amount of time that the NON CUSTODIAL PARENT PAYS FOR SEEING THEIR CHILD
2. Is based on INCOME…not to exceed a certain amount especially if their ex is employed..
3. This was warranted based on the erratic schedule my ex had…I.E..being in the military ( reserves) employed as a OR tech and not being ableto care for our son
AND
The fact that he did not want FULL God-Damn custody of our son and we settled OUT OF COURT in a thing called MEDIATI0N because he did not want this thing called RESPONSIBILITY of our SON 24/7-7 DAYS A WEEK…

4. That for the last 2 years? He has cleared over 95,000.00 a year and has to pay back taxes YET..WAIT FOR IT…
I have never attempted to MODIFY SUPPORT BECAUSE I WAS NOT INTERESTED IN MONEY BUT MORE FOCUSED ON WHAT WAS BESTFOR OUR SON….

5. Your USER name states “ALIMONY” AT THE END which tellsmeyou’re a bitter bastard and to HOLD very little regard and what you posted..

But let us discuss “Alimony” a bit…
First of all I am an ex military wife..married for 10 years..making me eligible for half of his pension…
AND…..more than the 86.00 he agreed to pay me for half the time we were married…
I have friends in the DA’S office and the County clerks office..I agreed wholeheartedly…yet after the judgement my friend came to me and stated “You know you can get more alimony right? Half of his pension?” I stated “I know, but the sooner I get this sob out of my life the better”
So you SIR ARE SORRILY MISTAKEN!

Do NOT BLAME EVERY WOMAN for the woman who obviously pissed in your bowl of cheerios…

Last but not least?
What I was pertaining to? Was a man who I shared NO children with, not that this is even any of your business however I made painfully clear in my post..
And who had a crappy job and expected me to keep giving him money after we were broken up.. So yes..I FAIL TO SEE THE IRONY…
Step away from the keyboard..
Wow. That was quite a rant.

Yes, step away from the keyboard...and look into some anger management classes.

Old 02-23-2013, 08:06 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:

Or you could just apologize for the misunderstanding...

Old 02-23-2013, 08:39 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
My sister is in a long-distance relationship with a guy who is in a creative field and doesn't make a lot of money. She's going to give up her seniority and her well-paying job to move in with him in an area where she's not likely to make anything comparable. She says that they love each other, but I know that she's not going to like the budgeting that's going to have to happen to make their relationship work. She's used to driving a luxury car and getting manicures and spa treatments and traveling and buying things whenever she feels like it. Will love conquer all? We'll see.

Old 02-23-2013, 02:26 PM

5,025 posts, read 7,230,264 times
"I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, rich is better."

Sophie Tucker

Old 02-23-2013, 02:43 PM

1,841 posts, read 3,174,703 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Or you could just apologize for the misunderstanding...

...What she said....

Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,607,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"ate for dinner was the cheapest stuff you can find, but they were happieer than any family I have met living in the US."

And they would be so happy when they lose family members to poor health care and a bad diet. Not being able to meet the basic needs of your children would be incredibly stressfull. But, they don't know any better and their neighbor is in the same boat or worse so they are happy for what they have.

"Wealthy are not immune to sickness, mental disorders and most of all, they have a hard time appreciating anything they have."
The wealthy may not be immune but at least they can afford good food and the best health care. I would have to agree not all would appreciate what they have if they didn't work for it, but those who did work for it probably have much greater appreciation of what they have.

"I get that being raised in this society, you are taught to think of the mighty dollar as a god,"
I don't look at the almighty dollar as being god but it does reflect on your ability to provide for yourself and family.
I dont necessarily disagree with your points. The family I spoke about ate the cheapest stuff they could find, because that is all they could afford, but let me assure you that naturaly grown potatoes or rice, are 100 times healthier for you than average americans diet, comprosed of junk food and overprocessed crap, backed by FDA. Im not sure that stressing about giving your kids best you can give them, which all people, rich or poor worry about, impacts your health in a more negative way than worrying about materialistic crap. Greedy and shallow is no way to go through life.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:30 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,006,311 times
My parents have always told me that I had the best of both worlds. When they divorced, my mom remarried in to wealth; my dad continued as a blue collar worker. With my mom, I had everything I ever wanted from the toy store or the magazines. My dad couldn't give me the new car or the big tv or sound system in my bedroom, but he gave me the emotional support and stability that I needed to be happy no matter what. If I had lost the car or some other material possession, I would have still been happy because I was shown that money isn't what matters most.

There's a huge difference between wants and needs and I think that's where people get confused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships