Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 10:07 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I always dated women who were able to have kids, and were maybe looking to have kids in the future.

I always avoided women who couldn't have kids.
I am not saying I cant have them, I am saying I wont have them. Sorry for the confusion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I am not saying I cant have them, I am saying I wont have them. Sorry for the confusion.
Have you made your views clear to him?If you have then he may still be fighting with it then he will lean on the no side. Men can straddle the fence and eventually just take the female's decision as his own because he doesn't want to lose her.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 AM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
Quote:
Oh no, I know what you meant. I combined won't and can't since they basically mean the same thing to me, and that's no kids in the future with her, and that tells me that there is no future with that woman for me.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Have you made your views clear to him?If you have then he may still be fighting with it then he will lean on the no side. Men can straddle the fence and eventually just take the female's decision as his own because he doesn't want to lose her.
100% crystal clear. Since day 1.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
I personally think it depends on the woman that the guy may be with and her age. If she is close to 30, where it gets harder to concieve and she communicates she definitely wants a family, the guy should be totally honest even if he is not sure, that way the ball is in her court of what she wants to do.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:14 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,697,399 times
Quote:
100% crystal clear. Since day 1.
Fair enough, you really are quite a catch. I'm not being sarcastic. Childfree women are rare for me to come across in day to day life. I think he may still be wrestling with it. Let him do so because in the end it may seem that he is stringing you along but you are getting what you want anyway. No kids. Everyday he hasn't told you his decision is also another day you did not breed. So who cares?

Old 03-26-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
Fair enough, you really are quite a catch. I'm not being sarcastic. Childfree women are rare for me to come across in day to day life. I think he may still be wrestling with it. Let him do so because in the end it may seem that he is stringing you along but you are getting what you want anyway. No kids. Everyday he hasn't told you his decision is also another day you did not breed. So who cares?
Interesting perspective.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:18 AM

393 posts, read 466,708 times
It's a ridiculous question--there are no "shoulds" here. If people change their minds at any age, they change their minds, that's all there is to it.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:18 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,377 times
This question really shouldn't be so broad, because many people change their minds. When I was in college there was no doubt in my mind I wanted children, couldn't wait to settle down and have two kids, two sons of course. Got married and all my ex wife and I talked about was having children, as soon as we made enough money. Well the money came, but for some reason the kids didn't and I realized that as I got older kids were not for me, and I was past 30 when I came to this realization. Now many people go through their adult life determined to never get married or have kids, and focus on their career, then in their 40's deceide they want to have a family. So just like with any other decision, this one doesn't have to be set in tone. Depending on the circumstances in a person's life, what they want could change.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
You can think he should know, but if he doesn't know, he doesn't know.

Even if he feels you are right that he should know... he still doesn't know.

What's the point of arguing that? Even if you win the argument...... he still doesn't know.

You can't force him to know.

Which puts you in a bad situation, because you DO know. This is one of those no win situations.... you do have a right to know, and he has a right not to know.

You just have decide what to do because he might change his mind in the future.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships