Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,310,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
The single guys don't want kids because they don't. Full stop.
False. I know single guys who want kids.

And the guy in the OP? The guys whose GF doesn't want kids and he's undecided? Where's the societal pressure on him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 12:40 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
The single guys don't want kids because they don't. Full stop.
Oh please. Just give it up. You don't know anything about anyone other than yourself so stop talking crap.

To the OP - I don't think there is an age where people should know these things. Some know right away, some never know, and some change their minds. That being said - you need to do what is right for you. You know what you want - and if he doesn't, maybe it's just not meant to be. My father changed his mind after they got married - luckily, my mom was open minded about it. But it could have blown up in their faces.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 PM

677 posts, read 1,194,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
False. I know single guys who want kids.

And the guy in the OP? The guys whose GF doesn't want kids and he's undecided? Where's the societal pressure on him?
Those single guys are out of the norm. He can be undecided but deep down he knows he doesn't want them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Oh please. Just give it up. You don't know anything about anyone other than yourself so stop talking crap.
What doesn't please you is crap. It definitely says a lot about you.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Those single guys are out of the norm.
Perhaps.
Perhaps not.

Do you have any data to support your hypothesis that most men don't don't want kids?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:45 PM

677 posts, read 1,194,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Perhaps.
Perhaps not.

Do you have any data to support your hypothesis that most men don't don't want kids?
Men share a few things with other men they would never share with women.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Those single guys are out of the norm. He can be undecided but deep down he knows he doesn't want them.

What doesn't please you is crap. It definitely says a lot about you.
No, what's crap is crap. I know a lot of men who want children. Including my husband. He had to sit me down and let me know that it was time for us to start having children. I would have waited a few more years - but I'm glad we didn't. You are just spouting crap. We know it and I think you know it, too. If you just want attention - have we given you enough? If not, take your crap elsewhere. There are many men who want children. To say otherwise is pure crap.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Men share a few things with other men they would never share with women.
Sure.

My male friends tell me, a male, that they want kids.

So, I ask again, do you have any data to support your claim?

Old 03-26-2013, 12:56 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
I think it really depends o the man. mnay will not start a family has in having children until they feeel they can financial support a family. Others at a pre actical age will nebver want such.if a woman has doubts in waitig then I sat y move on if you want children, IMO. its a bad mistake to force the issue.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:01 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,303,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think it really depends o the man. mnay will not start a family has in having children until they feeel they can financial support a family. Others at a pre actical age will nebver want such.if a woman has doubts in waitig then I sat y move on if you want children, IMO. its a bad mistake to force the issue.
Ugh! I wish people would read. Half the posts in here are responding based on the assumption that all women want what I don't. Please don't respond if you cant properly comprehend my OP.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Ugh! I wish people would read. Half the posts in here are responding based on the assumption that all women want what I don't. Please don't respond if you cant properly comprehend my OP.
I know you don't want children and you don't want marriage - what is your ultimate goal - if you have one? Do you want someone that you live with for the rest of your life? Are you looking for just casual relationships? Because if you aren't looking for a lifetime partner - perhaps it doesn't matter if he changes his mind. From your posts, it seems to me like you want to keep things casual. If that is the case - then maybe if this one doesn't work out, you can move on to the next person. I'd say that if you were the one that wanted children - things would be more critical as you would be working with your biological clock (although I never heard mine at all).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships