Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 11:43 PM

550 posts, read 984,915 times

Advertisements

But you will be out of each others lives. Unless you plan to follow her around and harass her, she will probably move on. She only has negative experience of you. She is not likely to change her mind.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:47 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
Unless you plan to follow her around and harass her, she will probably move on. .
I stated before that I would never stoop to the level of stalking her. I believe it is okay to admire from afar, but I believe that stalking is never acceptable in any circumstance.

Old 04-26-2013, 11:56 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
You have made so very valid points here.

However ask yourself this: We both agree that she has every right to reject me or anyone else. We also both agree that the unwanted attention she has received is entirely unwarranted. Yet, have you given a thought to what is happening to me?

This girl is rejecting me; yet has no understanding that she is ending any possibility of future happiness during my adult life. Outside of business and personal pleasure (reading, hobbies, etc), there will be no relationship for me. How is that fair?
Dude its her loss move on. I had women reject me, it hurts only for a couple of hours, but its forgotten the next day. I think men handle rejection better than woman. I know of one guy who is not attractive but he is book smart but he really liked this chubby latina woman who is also a single mom. She did not like my good friend but instead whent for a guy who was an ex con, a single father of two kids and was unemployed, however he was physically attractive. Over the course of this relationship this guy ran this womans credit cards ruining her credit score. She also wanted to go back to school and she needed a loan and bank gave her a small loan, she had to halt her dreams because of a guy she really, really liked ruined it. One of my other buddies, a short book smart Asian man is having trouble courting one womab he really likes, but like most Asian American women she only likes white men. Also you need to under stand that women especially in their 20s like guys who they can change Control and challange. But why would a woman want to change a handsome bum really beats me.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:08 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Certain events have led me to believe that one of the major reasons for my rejection by the young lady I am interested in is due to my appearance. I do not consider myself hideous, however I know am nothing extraordinary in the looks department. Apparently, my appearance is not satisfactory by this girl’s standards.

My question for you today is this: Do you believe it is possible for someone to eventually come to accept another for a relationship regardless of an appearance issue. Could they ever possibly see beyond the outside appearance of a person, and come to know the qualities/traits which truly define their character?

I previously posted that I believed this type of judgment to be grossly unfair. After much debate with others on this forum, I have come to recognize that it is not possible to minimize the issue, because apparently appearance IS very important.

I am curious to see what you think.Please share your thoughts and opinions regarding this question

Thank you very much,
J
Possible yes, but I say move on because there's a at least decent chance she'll eventually trade you in for someone other guy(s) that's if she settles for you at this time.

You really really need to know what makes her "tick" to figure this out accurately and even so many women "change their minds" later so I say good luck and hope it all works out for you in the end in whatever road you decide to take.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:22 AM

550 posts, read 984,915 times
Quote:
I stated before that I would never stoop to the level of stalking her. I believe it is okay to admire from afar, but I believe that stalking is never acceptable in any circumstance.
"Admiring from afar" is just as bad. What girl wants a guy she doesnt like to constantly stare at her across the room? Yet you refuse to try to talk to her in person like a normal person. I think it's your behavior and personality thats turning her off. It would turn any woman off. You dont even really know this girl. It seems as though you like the idea of her. Sorry to tell you that the fantasy wont be as good as the reality.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:30 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,086,202 times
Quote:
Certain events have led me to believe that one of the major reasons for my rejection by the young lady I am interested in is due to my appearance. I do not consider myself hideous, however I know am nothing extraordinary in the looks department. Apparently, my appearance is not satisfactory by this girl’s standards.

My question for you today is this: Do you believe it is possible for someone to eventually come to accept another for a relationship regardless of an appearance issue. Could they ever possibly see beyond the outside appearance of a person, and come to know the qualities/traits which truly define their character?

I previously posted that I believed this type of judgment to be grossly unfair. After much debate with others on this forum, I have come to recognize that it is not possible to minimize the issue, because apparently appearance IS very important.

I am curious to see what you think.Please share your thoughts and opinions regarding this question

Thank you very much,
J
not in my world it ain't..mutual attraction is a major part of a relationship and I'm not talking about shallow crap,I just have to find them attractive to make it work.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:46 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
You have made so very valid points here.

However ask yourself this: We both agree that she has every right to reject me or anyone else. We also both agree that the unwanted attention she has received is entirely unwarranted. Yet, have you given a thought to what is happening to me?

This girl is rejecting me; yet has no understanding that she is ending any possibility of future happiness during my adult life. Outside of business and personal pleasure (reading, hobbies, etc), there will be no relationship for me. How is that fair?

LIFE IS NOT FAIR.

The sooner you try to get that, the better off you will be.

No one OWES you a thing in this life, especially a chance at a relationship with them.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:48 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay watson View Post
i agree. However this girl simply does not recognize the great impact she will have on my life by her rejection.

IT IS NOT HER PLACE, HER JOB, HER RESPONSIBILITY TO RECOGNIZE THIS.

Your feelings of rejection are your problem, no one else's.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:57 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,755 times
Quote:
Perhaps, it was her dedication to excellence in all areas of school that inspired me to work harder and improve myself. I've always known she was an achiever, and had high expectations. Therefore, I began to work on improving the strengths I had, which in this case was a strong interest in building engineering and a desire to learn more.

Had it not been for her, I might not have taken this first step into the adult world. For her inspiration, I will be forever grateful.
That's good. But you don't have to like someone just because they inspired you. You don't have to fall in love/marry/be together forever with her. Her inspiration was a first step to helping you choose a career, but her inspiration isn't all there is in the world. Other people can mentor you and provide inspiration for you to continue down the path that you are on.

Old 04-27-2013, 07:07 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,755 times
Quote:
At this point I do accept her prerogative, whatever it may be. I only hope that by the time we are true adults (after college, in the workforce, etc) she will have changed her mind. I simply hope that she will reconsider giving me a chance, and provide me the oppurtunity to prove myself
Jay, theoretically, what if she gave you the opportunity to prove yourself and she still didn't like you afterward. Say, she decides that her feeling were right all along and she feels no chemistry with you at all?

Basically, why does she have to change her mind? Do you think that she is mentally deficient and doesn't know what is good for her (and that only you know what is good for her relationship-wise)? *

I am worried for you. I don't want you to even think about her in or after college. I don't want you doing something that will make you end up in jail (especially since you are no minor). I don't want you thinking of her or 'looking at her from afar'.

To be honest, you are not the first and last person who will deal with an issue like this. People in this situation do not end up with their crushes.

* Note, this is rhetorical. I know that you don't think she is stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships