Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 08:06 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
I understand that. However, this is something of great importance to me. Who we pick as our future partner has to be someone of the highest standards; and I have found that person.

No logical person would suggest someone to "give up" or "move on" if they truly understood that that I had found my soulmate.

I understand that we have been looking at this from the girl's perspective. However, please try and consider my perspective and what her rejection truly means to me. It means that everything I have always hoped for in a partner has rejected me, and consequently made me a bachelor for life.

As dramatic as that sounds it is true.
Jay, this would be like if you said, when you were 1 year old, "Wow, this baby food is really good. I have found the best food in the world. I have no need for any other food. I will stop looking here."

You have no idea who you will meet in your life. This girl may indeed be amazing, but imagine what your life would be like if you never tried anything but baby food. You have plenty of chances to meet other wonderful, inspiring people - and to be that person for others.

You don't still eat baby food, do you??

Old 04-27-2013, 08:32 AM

597 posts, read 1,147,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
You can not blame someone else for not feeling what only you feel
I do not blame her for this. I do think it is rather narrowminded of her to not give me at least one chance to prove myself.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:45 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
I do not blame her for this. I do think it is rather narrowminded of her to not give me at least one chance to prove myself.
So why date narrow minded people?

Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
So why date narrow minded people?
That is not the point of my statement.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:55 AM

50,815 posts, read 36,514,503 times
Quote:
How can you prove to someone you are attractive to them? That makes no sense. Chemistry is a feeling, it's either there or not there, there is no way to earn it.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:58 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
How can you prove to someone you are attractive to them? That makes no sense. Chemistry is a feeling, it's either there or not there, there is no way to earn it.
Bull****.

I've seen sparks show up all of a sudden one day, only to fade away later.

Old 04-27-2013, 08:59 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,177 times
"Do you believe it is possible for someone to eventually come to accept another for a relationship regardless of an appearance issue. Could they ever possibly see beyond the outside appearance of a person, and come to know the qualities/traits which truly define their character?"

Jay, to answer your question honestly, yes. But that person has to be attracted to your personality and be open to the possibility that is someone they could be with. Given the events that have transcribed between you and this girl over the years, no. I don't think that's possible. Even though you think this is just an appearance issue, I ask you to consider the amount of attention (not positive) that has been drawn to you when your classmates continuously communicate to her your interest. Even though it might not have been what you wanted, it happened.

In addition to this, consider her reaction to you throughout the years. I don't think she likes you at all or even wants to get to know you.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
"Do you believe it is possible for someone to eventually come to accept another for a relationship regardless of an appearance issue. Could they ever possibly see beyond the outside appearance of a person, and come to know the qualities/traits which truly define their character?"

Jay, to answer your question honestly, yes. But that person has to be attracted to your personality and be open to the possibility that is someone they could be with. .
Thank you for answering. I find it uplifting to hear that perhaps she could attempt to look beyond my appearance (which is obviously displeasing to her), and come to appreciate the good qualities/traits that I do have; which define my character as a person.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:09 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,064 times
Quote:
I understand that. However, this is something of great importance to me. Who we pick as our future partner has to be someone of the highest standards; and I have found that person.

No logical person would suggest someone to "give up" or "move on" if they truly understood that that I had found my soulmate.

I understand that we have been looking at this from the girl's perspective. However, please try and consider my perspective and what her rejection truly means to me. It means that everything I have always hoped for in a partner has rejected me, and consequently made me a bachelor for life.

As dramatic as that sounds it is true.

Jay, you're confusing pursuing someone who wants to be pursued, with continually annoying someone who doesn't want anything to do with you.

There's a huge huge huge huge difference. And as a guy, I'm telling you it sucks, but you need to back off.

Do you realize how emotions work? You begin at baseline, then it's going to rise and become intense, your thinking will be cloudy and illogical, then as you come to terms with it - your thinking will clear up, you'll snap out of it, learn to deal with it, fall back down to your baseline.

Always remember you're not thinking clearly and logical when in this emotional state, so never do anything drastic.

You're currently in the thick of it. You're not going to win someone who doesn't want to be won by you, so you need to begin backing away and move on. You need to realize and come to terms with that. Allow yourself to grieve. Realize that your soul mate *wants to be with you* - and she's not it.

Old 04-27-2013, 09:10 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,177 times
Quote:
Thank you for answering. I find it uplifting to hear that perhaps she could attempt to look beyond my appearance (which is obviously displeasing to her), and come to appreciate the good qualities/traits that I do have; which define my character as a person.
May I ask, how do you think she would do that? She doesn't seem to have any interest in getting to know you and seems to want absolutely nothing to do with you. Things like this usually only happen when you're friends with the other person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships