Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 12:31 PM

1,084 posts, read 2,478,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
That is the point! I don't understand why she cannot simply ignore my looks(since she considers than so undesirable.), and thus have a relationship?
You can understand.

The question is "Why can't she simply ignore my looks"?

The answer is "Because she doesn't want to".

The next question is "Why doesn't she want to"?

The next answer is "Because she doesn't like you in sexual manner".

The next question is "Why doesn't she like you in a sexual manner"?

The next answer is "Her biology is not allowing her to feel any chemistry with you" or "You have some sort of personality flaw that she doesn't find attractive".

The next question is "Why isn't her body allowing her to feel any chemistry to you"? or "What personality flaw do you have that she doesn't find attractive"?

The next answer is "Because that is how the god/evolution made human beings". or "We don't know what personality flaw that you have that she doesn't like".

*edit* I'm not trying to be mean, I still care about you Jay!!! *hugs*

Old 04-27-2013, 12:31 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
So my looks permanently exclude me from anything but a platonic relationship with her?
I am afraid so. Sexual attraction is important when someone is looking for a marriage partner.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:33 PM

1,429 posts, read 2,446,064 times
Quote:
So my looks permanently exclude me from anything but a platonic relationship with her?
Mine do, with many women.

Why do you believe you're special and different?

Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEarthBeneathMe View Post
Mine do, with many women.

Why do you believe you're special and different?
I never said I believed myself to be special or different.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 PM

550 posts, read 984,827 times
Quote:
That is the point! I don't understand why she cannot simply ignore my looks(since she considers than so undesirable.), and thus have a relationship?
Jay why should she have to ignore your looks? If she does, she wont be happy. If you truly loved her, you would care about her feelings and it doesnt seem like you do. You cant force a woman to love you.

Also as a woman I can say its not just looks. Its personality also and you need to work on that. You really do need to work on yourself and make yourself a better person. That means not blaming this girl for your issues and problems. You simply need to change your thinking and behavior. You already turned her off by both your looks and behavior.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:39 PM

597 posts, read 1,147,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
Jay why should she have to ignore your looks?.
Because; it is far from the most important thing in a true relationship. Her refusal the get to know me based on what is outside is not logical.

I admire her for both her appearance and intellectual abilities/personality. Looks should never have the emphasis of being a deciding factor.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:41 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Because; it is far from the most important thing in a true relationship. Her refusal the get to know me based on what is outside is not logical.

I admire her for both her appearance and intellectual abilities/personality. Looks should never have the emphasis of being a deciding factor.
Well, what you WANT to happen, and what ACTUALLY HAPPENS, are different things.

Emotion and lust aren't logical.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:42 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,312,288 times
Quote:

So...

...even though she isn't logical her personality is what attracts you to her, more so than her looks?

Old 04-27-2013, 12:42 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Not necessarily because there is anything wrong with your looks, but simply because she is not attracted to you - there is no chemistry.

You can be the best looking man in the world - but if a woman doesn't feel the chemistry there will be no attraction.

Try hard to get that.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:46 PM

550 posts, read 984,827 times
Quote:

Sorry to break it to you, but thats the way it is. Attraction is necessary for most people to have a relationship. It may not be the top thing for everyone, but it is a factor for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships