Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 10:09 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
If you don't have anything positive, or even constructive to say; please refrain from posting here. Perhaps you should find another thread to offer your patronizing "advice".

Why even bother posting here if all you do is plant seeds of negativity and hopelessness regarding my goal?
So really, the only thing that you want to hear is that this woman, who has made it abundantly clear that she wants nothing to do with you, will perhaps suffer a head injury and change her mind?

Adult life is going to be difficult for you if you can't handle not getting what you want to the point of obsession. What if you don't get a job that you really want? Are you just going to be unemployed for the rest of your life? If the restaurant is out of the salmon you thought sounded good are you never going to eat anything ever again? It's the same thing.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:14 AM

597 posts, read 1,147,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Adult life is going to be difficult for you if you can't handle not getting what you want to the point of obsession. What if you don't get a job that you really want? Are you just going to be unemployed for the rest of your life? It's the same thing.
I see your point. Yet, I beg to disagree. The person I hope to spend the rest of my life with is a serious matter, and worthy of consideration; not obsession has you have presumed to say.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:16 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,336,673 times
Quote:
Moving on and; "getting over it" is not the solution. That will not make me happy. The only thing that will make me truly happy, is if I achieve my goal.

You will never achieve your goal. Why, at age 19, would you obsess over a girl who won't give you the time of day? It's the least of your concerns. You have your whole life ahead of you; education, career, family, you name it. You'll meet a lot of people (including nice women) along the way. You may think that you can't have a happy life without this person, but you're wrong. You're making a fool of yourself by obsessing over this person who never thinks about you and will never see you after HS (unless she runs into you).

The solution is to move on with your life. If you want to attract women, focus on yourself first; do well in school, try to find a nice job, workout, build confidence, have a life of your own, etc.

What you're doing now is creepy and you should hope that none of your friends/classmates are aware of your obsession and your actions.

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
I see your point. Yet, I beg to disagree. The person I hope to spend the rest of my life with is a serious matter, and worthy of consideration; not obsession has you have presumed to say.
If she doesn't want to spend her life with you, do you have an exit strategy?

Or is she the only one you'd spend your life with? If so, you need to meet more women.

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
The thing is that person who you want has to agree with you and want what you want. Otherwise it's a completely pointless and yes, obsessive, to devote all this headspace to it.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:17 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Dad is 59. Mom is 54. That is not what I would consider elderly in my opinion.
Nope, not elderly at all, lol.

But "older", yes.

Sounds like your Dad was 40 when you were born. That can be part of what is going on here, or not. A professional therapist would be able to tell for sure.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:18 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
If she doesn't want to spend her life with you, do you have an exit strategy?

Or is she the only one you'd spend your life with? If so, you need to meet more women.
Oh, you obviously missed that part Kid...he swears to remain single and a bachelor forever if he can't have her.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIS123 View Post
You will never achieve your goal.
The solution is to move on with your life. If you want to attract women, focus on yourself first; do well in school, try to find a nice job, workout, build confidence, have a life of your own, etc.

It is not for you to say if I will never achieve my goal.

I will reiterate: I am not interested in; "attracting women", that is off topic. I am only interested in this particular young lady. Please try and get that through your head, instead of suggesting otherwise.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:20 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Oh, you obviously missed that part Kid...he swears to remain single and a batchelor forever if he can't have her.
It's okay. people change their minds.

Old 04-27-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Or is she the only one you'd spend your life with?
Yes, she is. She is quite a special and unique person, well worth waiting for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships