Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2013, 11:26 AM

597 posts, read 1,147,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My advice IS constructive. You are just choosing to ignore it and will probably never be happy because of it. Just as you are ignoring all the other advice given to you (see some examples below). The only advice you want to hear is that you have a chance with a girl who can't stand you - which is not realistic. You cannot control her and you are completely narcissistic in your thinking of her. It's not healthy. You NEED a therapist. This is the ONLY thing that will help you but you refuse to see it. I'm not being negative or patronizing - I'm being realistic. We actually WANT to help you but we are unable to because you obviously have some mental issues. I know nobody wants to hear that - but in this case, it is the absolute truth and you need a trained professional to help you through this.

Why give in to gloom and doom? I realize you are a realist, and that is definitely your prerogative. I simply would like to ask you to offer POSITIVE constructive advice when posting on my thread. Don’t you think the burden of having to go through this is enough? Not to mention the prospect of a life alone; without her.

I don’t need anyone else to tell me that I have: “made serious mistakes” or that; “you will never achieve your goal”. The fact is I am aware that I previously made some mistakes when beginning this endeavor, and am currently working to rectify them.

Saying that; “You will never achieve your goal”, is pointless and demeaning as well. Who knows; I may someday get what I want I when I do everyone here will be proven wrong

Additionally you must recognize that calling me a mental patient and a narcissist accomplishes nothing. It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:27 AM

4,176 posts, read 6,336,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post
Jay maybe you could try talking to the girl and ask her If she would consider going to a movie with you. A movie or just a half hour in a coffee shop. Approach her with no strings attached. Do not mention you will be single for life to her. Do not put that on her.

That said she will likely reject you. A therapist can help you find a solution. Your girl has probably has already decided she wants nothing to do with you. This is her only solution. You are a problem. Your personality is offputting and you must learn to control your feelings and emotions. Right now they are controlling you. That is why you need a therapist.
This is correct. If you're handling a minor situation like this so poorly, you really should consider some form of therapy or counseling.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:31 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Watson View Post
Why give in to gloom and doom? I realize you are a realist, and that is definitely your prerogative. I simply would like to ask you to offer POSITIVE constructive advice when posting on my thread. Don’t you think the burden of having to go through this is enough? Not to mention the prospect of a life alone; without her.

I don’t need anyone else to tell me that I have: “made serious mistakes” or that; “you will never achieve your goal”. The fact is I am aware that I previously made some mistakes when beginning this endeavor, and am currently working to rectify them.

Saying that; “You will never achieve your goal”, is pointless and demeaning as well. Who knows; I may someday get what I want I when I do everyone here will be proven wrong

Additionally you must recognize that calling me a mental patient and a narcissist accomplishes nothing. It does not contribute to the discussion of the thread.

But your entire view of this whole thing is completely narcissistic. You care NOTHING for her feelings. You think you are entitled to a relationship with her. You think that SHE is destroying your life. You are accepting absolutely no responsibility for any of this. You are refusing to see any point of view other than your own. Your thinking is disturbed and twisted. She owes you NOTHING. And you DON'T EVEN KNOW HER. You don't. A few conversations amounts to nothing.

Almost every single person on all your threads has told you the same thing. You need help. Your thinking doesn't make any sense. Instead of lashing out at us and ignoring everyone that doesn't say the one thing that you want to hear - which is impossible - maybe accept that every single person here can see what you can't. You are being totally disrespectful to her as a person and are only seeing her as a means to your happiness, when in truth, you don't even know her. She may be pretty and smart - but she doesn't like you and she doesn't have to. She is not a bigot. She is not narrow minded. She is not the one destroying your life.

Sometimes the truth hurts. Life isn't all flowers and sunshine. We have all gone through heartbreak. A healthy person goes through it and comes out the other side. You are not doing that.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:31 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,230,482 times
Quote:

I KNOW that you will fail. Trust me, I am an omniscient overlord of the galaxy.

...Anyways there is nothing doomy and gloomy about having a woman wanting another man. It's not like your life will be miserable if she picks someone else.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smalltowngirl25 View Post

. You are a problem. Your personality is offputting and you must learn to control your feelings and emotions. Right now they are controlling you. That is why you need a therapist.
I am not the problem here. I have repeatedly stated that if she refuses to finally accept me I will live out my life peacefully as a single person.

I have no plans to disrupt her life or cause her pain in any way. Many posters are under the misguided impression that I will become vindictive; that is simply not the case as I am not that type of person.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I am not the problem here. I have repeatedly stated that if she refuses to finally accept me I will live out my life peacefully as a single person.

I have no plans to disrupt her life or cause her pain in any way. Many posters are under the misguided impression that I will become vindictive; that is simply not the case as I am not that type of person.
People on this forum want you to pursue other women, who may be even better than the woman you are idolizing.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
People on this forum want you to pursue other women, who may be even better than the woman you are idolizing.
You don't even know the girl I am interested in; and you think you can dare to say others are better than her??

Old 04-27-2013, 11:39 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,175,334 times
Quote:

You are the only problem here. She does not have a problem. You are the one with the problem. She is living her life. Her life has nothing to do with you. There is no problem for her.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
You don't even know the girl I am interested in; and you think you can dare to say others are better than her??
Statistically, I can make that statement. The odds of having that woman be the best are in one out billions.

YOU HAVE NOT MET A BILLION WOMEN TO MAKE THE JUDGEMENT THAT SHE IS THE BEST.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:47 AM

550 posts, read 984,827 times
Quote:

No Jay you are the only problem. You are causing this grief inside your mind. You have control over your life, but you blame others when you dont get your way. It is narcissistic because you only care about your feelings and not hers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships