Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:31 AM

3,670 posts, read 7,165,463 times

Advertisements

usually when i am really into someone i want to sleep with them asap, but if i'm interested in a relationship i'll wait long enough so that it seems respectable lol (a couple weeks maybe)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
10 yrs.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:47 AM

13,656 posts, read 9,720,920 times
While the premise of this thread is perhaps louche and degrading, the basic question remains a worthwhile topic: namely, given the uncertainty of communication, lacking clear signals, at what point should a man overtly reveal his sexual interest, in effect asking the woman to welcome or to reject his suit?

This is of course highly situational, but in my experience, the time-scale is around 3 months. By the passage of 3 months, one can discern if the contact is heading for what's now colloquially called the "friend zone", or if strong possibility for romantic attachment remains tenable.

There is much evidence suggesting that potential for sexual receptivity is formed very early, almost in the first impression. I am inclined to agree with this. However, actual sex, or even its casually-affectionate precursors, is a huge step, requiring substantial corroboration of one's initial sentiments - and that takes many dates, and several months.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:52 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
While the premise of this thread is perhaps louche and degrading, the basic question remains a worthwhile topic: namely, given the uncertainty of communication, lacking clear signals, at what point should a man overtly reveal his sexual interest, in effect asking the woman to welcome or to reject his suit?

This is of course highly situational, but in my experience, the time-scale is around 3 months. By the passage of 3 months, one can discern if the contact is heading for what's now colloquially called the "friend zone", or if strong possibility for romantic attachment remains tenable.

There is much evidence suggesting that potential for sexual receptivity is formed very early, almost in the first impression. I am inclined to agree with this. However, actual sex, or even its casually-affectionate precursors, is a huge step, requiring substantial corroboration of one's initial sentiments - and that takes many dates, and several months.
I thought it was when you kiss and he touches your boob? The lady allows or says no.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I thought it was when you kiss and he touches your boob? The lady allows or says no.
Oh, the whole 'run my hands up your side and get some side-boob action because it's not technically touching your boob but I still kinda got to second base'? I called the dude I'm seeing out on that and we had a good laugh over it.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:55 AM

355 posts, read 389,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frihed89 View Post
Look, you can't "get a girl into bed". They make up their minds based on whether they want to have sex and whom they want to have sex with, as in "you". Both conditions are necessary and you have little control over either.
hahahahaha lol, do you actually believe that?

I'm pretty sure that YOU are the biggest factor in whether a girl sleeps with you or not, unless her method of deciding who to sleep with has nothing to do with the person she's sleeping with

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Depends entirely on the guy and the situation and how I feel towards him.

So far, It's been about 2 months and...9 dates? with the guy I'm seeing and we haven't slept together. It will happen when it happens, if at all.
9 dates? wow, I'm going to refrain from comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
With this attitude...

With you, forever.
if you went on a date with me you'd be too enamored with my awesomeness to not sleep with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Good for you!

If I were out there single again, it would take as long as it takes. I can't imagine setting a time limit on such things.
eh, it's not really about a time limit... more like an average

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
OP, your post implies that the timing of sex is all about manipulation and game playing, which is not an attitude conducive to developing a good relationship that includes sex.
...what? don't play armchair psychologist with me dude.

the post is implying the usual dynamic of heterosexual relationships, with sex being the goal(I will bet money that atleast one person is going to read this as me saying "sex is the only thing that matters"), the woman being the goalie and you being the guy with the soccer ball trying to score

ergo from a man's perspective it's usually getting the woman to sleep with you, and from the woman's perspective it's usually holding out for.... something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
10 yrs.
dammit, I wanted to make the first joke answer.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:01 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,404,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post
the post is implying the usual dynamic of heterosexual relationships, with sex being the goal(I will bet money that atleast one person is going to read this as me saying "sex is the only thing that matters"), the woman being the goalie and you being the guy with the soccer ball trying to score
Of course you'd say that, you're still a teenager, no? For me, sex has never been the goal of a relationship. The relationship is the goal of the relationship. If I don't feel like I know or trust the guy, I'm not sleeping with him until I feel the time is right. I'm picky about who I let inside my body, as I should be.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:06 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,018,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh, the whole 'run my hands up your side and get some side-boob action because it's not technically touching your boob but I still kinda got to second base'? I called the dude I'm seeing out on that and we had a good laugh over it.
Caught him red handed?

Old 07-29-2013, 11:52 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilkingx2 View Post

9 dates? wow, I'm going to refrain from comment.

Why? Lemme guess...if you can't get the woman into bed within the first 2 dates you move on and find someone else? Yeah, I've dealt with guys like you....no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Caught him red handed?

Very much so

Old 07-29-2013, 12:04 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
On average, close to 3 but as much as 5 real dates + multiple phone calls and texts before she says "come on already". If you say no to her after that it would be viewed as a personal insult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships