Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 03:24 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,889,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
Wrong. He is middle class, portly and is very often seriously Ill with crohn's.
Well he is the exception. His girlfriend probably either couldn't get anyone else or has daddy issues or he is just very lucky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 03:26 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I could not disagree with you more. I live in Scotland you have no idea what the guys are like here. I did not go off on you at all, I told you I was not arguing about my personal choices. It's not just a self assessment, I have had many people in my life tell me.
Men could very well be different over there. Most of my male friends were not ready for marriage or children until their late 20's/early 30's. My husband is from a different area and all of his friends got married right out of college and had children a few years later. But they married their college sweethearts and weren't dating women with children.

But you did indeed go off on me! I mean, calling someone stupid, pathetic, what's wrong with the world, etc. - is pretty much going off on them. But that's okay - it doesn't bother me. I just find it humorous!

Old 09-02-2013, 03:26 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,081 times
Quote:
I feel the same way about having a big family. If my early 50 something uncle can have a relationship with a very early thirty something woman with luck so can I.
There's a big difference between 40 and 50-something.

No, most early 30-something women do not want a 50-something man. They do not want to get stuck disciplining teenagers, dealing with menopause, and worrying about their husbands dying all at the same time.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,201,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Well he is the exception. His girlfriend probably either couldn't get anyone else or has daddy issues or he is just very lucky.
Wrong again.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Men could very well be different over there. Most of my male friends were not ready for marriage or children until their late 20's/early 30's. My husband is from a different area and all of his friends got married right out of college and had children a few years later. But they married their college sweethearts and weren't dating women with children.

But you did indeed go off on me! I mean, calling someone stupid, pathetic, what's wrong with the world, etc. - is pretty much going off on them. But that's okay - it doesn't bother me. I just find it humorous!
Same here, most men I know didn't start thinking marriage until mid 30's and up.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Wrong again.
Okay you win, EVERY 50 something man will get a woman young enough to be his daughter

Old 09-02-2013, 03:32 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,268,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post

That's great, however I'm telling you I did not go off on you I would not lower myself. I do think people who are judgemental and try to force their opinions on others are wrong and that's what's wrong with the world. If people would mind their own business and stop poking about in others then things would be better. I'm not going to apologise for saying what I said. It's my opinion it does not mean I went off on you, not at all.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:33 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,545,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idon'tdateyou View Post
okay you win, every 50 something man will get a woman young enough to be his daughter
yeeaahhh!!!!

Old 09-02-2013, 03:35 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,332,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Lucky, money, she got daddy issues, who cares; the man is dipping into some young p-tang and should be a role model for older men seeking to date younger women. Lol

Old 09-02-2013, 03:35 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,159,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
That's great, however I'm telling you I did not go off on you I would not lower myself. I do think people who are judgemental and try to force their opinions on others are wrong and that's what's wrong with the world. If people would mind their own business and stop poking about in others then things would be better. I'm not going to apologise for saying what I said. It's my opinion it does not mean I went off on you, not at all.
That's okay. The proof is in the pudding. If it's your opinion that I'm pathetic, judgmental, what's wrong with the world, etc. because I disagreed with your assessment that thinking you are ready for children young means that you are mature beyond your years, I'm okay with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships