Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 03:49 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I honestly don't know what these people are raised in. My parents taught me better and to accept that what people do with their lives is their decision and has nothing to do with anyone else.

I honestly don't know a single female who dates her age or younger. They all prefer older men.
I don't know many women who date or are married to much older men but then again the women I know all have careers and don't need a man to support them. Some are even married to younger men (quite a few actually). The only women I know who married much older men were all uneducated and plan not to work again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 03:49 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,547,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because the reality is most men can't date much younger. Most men marry women within a few years of their age. I don't care who dates but when men intentionally seek much younger (and this is a problem mostly online)it proves he has mental issues. It is different than people with different ages who meet and fall in love.
yes, i understand that is your point of view. not arguing with it. but as you and i have discussed before, i believe ppl should love how they want as long as it is legal and between two consenting adults.

frankly, i've always heard women support love in all its forms. but i recognize that this age difference variant is going to take a generation or two.

it's funny how my niece (22yo), sisters (3), and mom (80) never criticize me about dating younger 20something women and are totally comfortable with it. Even my sister (54yo) said to me today, she on the look out for a young honey for me. And they are my relationship confidants, so that's my reality.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:51 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Because the reality is most men can't date much younger. Most men marry women within a few years of their age. I don't care who dates but when men intentionally seek much younger (and this is a problem mostly online)it proves he has mental issues. It is different than people with different ages who meet and fall in love.

Isn't your guy 50-something?!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-02-2013, 03:53 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,270,408 times
Quote:
I don't know many women who date or are married to much older men but then again the women I know all have careers and don't need a man to support them. Some are even married to younger men (quite a few actually). The only women I know who married much older men were all uneducated and plan not to work again.
All my friends have good jobs and have had for a while. They don't need their men to support them they are equals, well actually some of them make more money than their SOs. The only older women I know who date younger men are the ones who still like to think they're 21 it's really sad actually. I know alot of people who talk about them being ***** and pathetic. Most women in this country date older men are they're more mature and settled.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Isn't your guy 50-something?!
Yes but I am 42 so not much of a difference. I wouldn't have dated him if he was an old 50.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:57 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,178,273 times
Quote:
You're being stupid. I'm not going to argue about my personal choices. I'm happy my child is well off and I'm studying for the second time. Your opinion of what you THINK is right means nothing to me. You are what's wrong with the world, people like you are so pathetic and boring that all you have to do is criticise other people's lives. That's extremely sad.
Quote:
That's because you are a very nice and non judgemental individual. If people were more like you the world would be a better place
Quote:
That's great, however I'm telling you I did not go off on you I would not lower myself. I do think people who are judgemental and try to force their opinions on others are wrong and that's what's wrong with the world. If people would mind their own business and stop poking about in others then things would be better. I'm not going to apologise for saying what I said. It's my opinion it does not mean I went off on you, not at all.
Quote:
All my friends have good jobs and have had for a while. They don't need their men to support them they are equals, well actually some of them make more money than their SOs. The only older women I know who date younger men are the ones who still like to think they're 21 it's really sad actually. I know alot of people who talk about them being ***** and pathetic. Most women in this country date older men are they're more mature and settled.
Do you not see the irony here?

Old 09-02-2013, 03:59 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Well now, those younger men must have mental problems, mommy issues, or using her for money, etc etc

Old 09-02-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Yes but I am 42 so not much of a difference. I wouldn't have dated him if he was an old 50.
Hahaha are you serious? You have wrote alot of BS! Your alcoholic BF is 8 years older you are one word and HYPOCRITE comes to mind !!!!

Old 09-02-2013, 04:01 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Hahaha are you serious? You have wrote alot of BS! Your alcoholic BF is 8 years older you are one word and HYPOCRITE comes to mind !!!!
Yeah, but the alcoholism keeps him young. Probably always living with his mom has infantilized him so much it's kept off the years too.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-02-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Do you not see the irony here?
I did not say i spoke about them. I'm just stating the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships