Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 09:33 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,807,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upndown View Post
It depends. If you're strictly talking about dating and no further -- which basically means "having sex" -- then, sure. But often women who are single mothers are looking for someone to marry, not just "date." So most guys approach the situation thinking "do I want to marry her?"
I am single now (divorced) and I have no intentions of marrying again... a least, it's not on my radar. But I suppose other women might want to marry again. But a man should know he isn't obligated to marry a woman just because he's dating her. I wouldn't want to be obligated to marry every man I met ./

I would say dating is more than just sex. The guy I am dating now, we do all sorts of stuff together, scuba dive, go to the movies, eat out, and we are planning a trip together. He's a companion, not just a sex toy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I am single now (divorced) and I have no intentions of marrying again... a least, it's not on my radar. But I suppose other women might want to marry again. But a man should know he isn't obligated to marry a woman just because he's dating her. I wouldn't want to be obligated to marry every man I met ./

I would say dating is more than just sex. The guy I am dating now, we do all sorts of stuff together, scuba dive, go to the movies, eat out, and we are planning a trip together. He's a companion, not just a sex toy.
I just hope when i find a great girl she want to become best friends if we get married and do every thing together well not every thing but close. I never really had a best friend b4 since he died in high school.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:52 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,807,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
I just hope when i find a great girl she want to become best friends if we get married and do every thing together well not every thing but close. I never really had a best friend b4 since he died in high school.
Well, the man I am dating now started out as a friend. I think friends make the best lovers. I am sure you will find someone. It sometimes takes a while and life doesn't work out the way we think it should, but don't lose hope and keep your chin up (if you give in to sadness and hopelessness, it can spiral into an abyss). When I feel things are slipping for me, I help others--I kid you know it really makes a person feel good.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:42 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
Awww that's sweet.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:59 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
I'm the same age as the OP and I figure if I were to be on the market, most likely I'd date women that had kids, the only thing I would hope is that they would be older and a more on their "own" as in late teens and or 20's...... I think at age they are a bit more independent and mom would have a little more time of her own.

I've lived the childfree/childless, which ever term is the least offensive, life for a long time, and it would be hard for me to change it up at this point, as in I don't think I'd want to deal with a woman that had say an 8 yr old or something like that......

Not sure if that thinking is accurate, but it's how I'd imagine it to be....

Old 10-09-2013, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Awww that's sweet.
Thanks

Old 10-09-2013, 11:12 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,663,909 times
Quote:
If a girl was married it a lot different then just a BF/GF thing . When people say single mom I think of a girl that has never been married.
Why exactly does it make a difference?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:14 PM

924 posts, read 1,645,376 times
Quote:
different levels of commitment I'd imagine.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:19 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,817,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
Well, the man I am dating now started out as a friend. I think friends make the best lovers. I am sure you will find someone. It sometimes takes a while and life doesn't work out the way we think it should, but don't lose hope and keep your chin up (if you give in to sadness and hopelessness, it can spiral into an abyss). When I feel things are slipping for me, I help others--I kid you know it really makes a person feel good.
Very true. My boyfriend was my best friend since we were in elementary school. It took us that long and several failed relationships (and a divorce for me) to find out that we were a perfect fit. Why? Maybe because pride is out of the equation. Hard to get too high on yourself when he pantsed you in the 5th grade.

We were talking about this just the other day. A strong friendship makes things so much better.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:36 PM

Quote:

well if a girl had a kid from a long term relationship that was going to lead towards marriage but did not work out . I can understand it a lot more. It like the kids was planned for but the relationship went south.

vs having a kid just to have one or some loser get her pregnant. She had a kid from a one night stand or FB kind of thing. Or what ever reason she now has a kid.

I am not hating on anyone all i am saying is if a girl was going to get married to a guy and was having his kid but he walk out on her I could understand a lot more then if a girl told me well i never loved the kids dad it just happened.Well i do not really know how the dad was or is.

It not the fact that she has a kid it is the circumstance that matters to me.

I might be the only one that feel this way .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships