Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2013, 12:11 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,724,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Truth be told...

Hard truth is is that he may have been testing the "wh&re" factor.... as in a whole lot of guys think that women having kids out of wedlock think that way.

Ugly, but most likely why, other than what you listed.
That makes no sense since 9 times out of 10 it's the male who decides if they're going to get married.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2013, 12:14 AM

52,426 posts, read 52,959,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
That makes no sense since 9 times out of 10 it's the male who decides if they're going to get married.
LOL... come on... you're much much smarter than that..... that is bizarre that you'd say this.......

Old 10-10-2013, 12:18 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,724,642 times
Quote:
LOL... come on... you're much much more smarter than that..... that is bizarre that you'd say this.......

I'm dead serious. You lost me.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:32 AM

6,227 posts, read 6,948,461 times
No way would I date a single mom. Most of the guys I know that do end up at home on a Sat night taking care of the kid while shes out partying and banging other guys. I don't like kids either.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
No way would I date a single mom. Most of the guys I know that do end up at home on a Sat night taking care of the kid while shes out partying and banging other guys. I don't like kids either.
Completely stupid and utterly inane comment.

Go back to the Xbox down in your moms basement.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Completely stupid and utterly inane comment.

Go back to the Xbox down in your moms basement.

Gladly.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:44 AM

2,764 posts, read 2,243,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
As I said in another thread, I get the not wanting to date a single mom preference.

But what I can't get is this notion that some men seem to have that dating a single mom means raising her child and paying for her child. I am sorry, but that's a bit presumptuous. Most children already have a father to be the father--they don't need mommy's boyfriend to pretend to be a father. And often the mother and father are paying to raise the child. Maybe if you are thinking in terms of marriage, I can see this line of thinking... but dating?
I think most people date to hopefully find the person they want to spend their life with. Unless it's purely sexual, sure why not date single mothers?

But say you are dating a single mother for a longer time, you look like a cheap guy if it's Christmas and you don't buy her kids any presents. Or if it's her children's birthdays and you don't bother with gifts as well. You can't just date a single mother for a long time while never bother trying to get involved with her kids. In the beginning I can see it just the two of you, but eventually you'll probably have to do activities with the kids once in a while. More money to spend.

I have nothing against single mothers. My sister was divorced with one child. She ended up with a great guy who loves my nephew. Great for her she found someone who loves being a father to her son.

But this would never make me try to change a man's choice not to date single mothers.

And you are assuming the children's father is financially supporting the child. Well there are tons of deadbeat dads who bail on their financial obligation. Unless you are implying to date only single mothers where the father actively pays child support.

Old 10-10-2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1alker View Post
Gladly.
Be sure to grab the jumbo bottle of lotion and a box of tissues as you ain't getting anywhere near a real woman........

Old 10-10-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Be sure to grab the jumbo bottle of lotion and a box of tissues as you ain't getting anywhere near a real woman........

A 10/10 who is skilled in the sack is only a phone call away Best thing is that they do housecalls.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:03 AM

2,764 posts, read 2,243,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Generally, the only difference between dating single mom's and non mom's is that with the mom you have one more factor to schedule around. Ok, the ex husband has the kid this week or weekend, or the grandparents can watch the kid this night. It is just one more factor out of many.
But what if she doesn't have family support? They live elsewhere? Father is not in the picture? Kid or kids have a lot of activities outside of school? Get sick on your date nights? Planning week vacations are a lot harder too.

There is a big difference between dating a single mother who has a guaranteed obligation to her kid(s) as opposed to a single person who most likely has less obligations and more free time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships